• 13(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Im still running an older build as all of my plugins and dts/ac3 work, along with rtmp. Is all this working in this build PLUS mms? If so it may be time to upgrade Smile (sticking on 4.2.1 of course)
eTVnet Wrote:Thanks, Dolfren you are right it works now. The only thing is when you do FF or REW it freezes the frame and XBMC crashes..
it works fine on ATV1

The FF/REW problem was resolved and will be included in the next unofficial build. If you can't wait for Keith's build try my binary from the: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=780...stcount=25 or build your own release.
nikc0069 Wrote:Im still running an older build as all of my plugins and dts/ac3 work, along with rtmp. Is all this working in this build PLUS mms? If so it may be time to upgrade Smile (sticking on 4.2.1 of course)

No AC3/DTS on HDMI for me with latest ATV2 software and nightly, we have to wait for AE to be added back into trunk from what I have been able gather.
DarkVamp Wrote:You got rtmp Streaming working Huh

Hmmm I tried updating to the latest rtmp (replacing the source in the build with the latest SVN and then re-running the build) and it didn't seem to fix it for me.....
DuMbGuM Wrote:No AC3/DTS on HDMI for me with latest ATV2 software and nightly, we have to wait for AE to be added back into trunk from what I have been able gather.

Thanks, I use the optical out via a converter box so no passthrough on HDMI isn't too much of a worry - if AE needs to be present for this as well though guess I will hold off on the upgrade. rtmp is pretty important too so will leave this a little while longer.

Thanks Smile
Hello,

maybe a stupid question but how can i install the actual build on my ATV2 ?

Greetings
angryjack
Apple-TV2 with JB 4.2.1, XBMC Eden with Quartz skin
angryjack Wrote:Hello,

maybe a stupid question but how can i install the actual build on my ATV2 ?

Greetings
angryjack

copy the new build to your ATV2: scp name.deb root@ip_atv2:/var/tmp

enter into your atv2: ssh root@ip_atv2

go to var/tmp: cd /var/tmp

install it: dpkg -i name.deb

Enjoy!
Thank you !

One more question, is it true that MMS protocol is supported with the latest build ?

Greetings
angryjack
Apple-TV2 with JB 4.2.1, XBMC Eden with Quartz skin
Hello,

Using 17th nighlty build on ios 4.3 atv2

Trying to reproduce a dvd file structure over a smb share, dvd menu loads fine and entry clips play fine too. When playing a chapter, I get slow 3 fps playback.

Interesting bit of the logs are many lines like

Code:
CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:49424172.458333, should be:49312000.000000, error:-112172.458333

Bigger log portion:
http://pastebin.com/NAqP990Z

@bole5 What I see on the logs looks familiar with what is posted in the ios-audio fixes thread, although no REW or FF involved here to my knowledge. Maybe I shall try your build.

Regards,
Jaime.
@jacaru

yeah bole5's build should fix your issue (discontinuity doesn't result in slowdown). It does some kind of FF when selecting a chapter i think. So give it a try.
Perfect timing to announcing a new build. Smile

I've added a build from this morning.
This has audio fixes for dropouts (and the ff/rewind bug as noted by Memphiz. Thx bole5 for tracking this AND writing up a patch!!)
This should have fix for rewind/ff so no more frames jumping while seeking.
Less CPU!!

And I'm sure a ton of other fixes I haven't noticed yet.
Thanks for the update mate !!!!
Nvidia Shield Android Marshmallow - Kodi 16.0
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Logitech Harmony Elite + Keyboard
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
jacaru Wrote:Hello,

Using 17th nighlty build on ios 4.3 atv2

Trying to reproduce a dvd file structure over a smb share, dvd menu loads fine and entry clips play fine too. When playing a chapter, I get slow 3 fps playback.

Interesting bit of the logs are many lines like

Code:
CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:49424172.458333, should be:49312000.000000, error:-112172.458333

Bigger log portion:
http://pastebin.com/NAqP990Z

@bole5 What I see on the logs looks familiar with what is posted in the ios-audio fixes thread, although no REW or FF involved here to my knowledge. Maybe I shall try your build.

Regards,
Jaime.

I have tested this last build keith made (and both the builds from bole5 and i5Js available at ios-audio fixes thread) and things seemed to have gotten a bit worse, if anything Wink

Now even the menu clip, which played fine before on 17th nightly, plays at 3fps.

Here is the log with May 2nd build.

Jaime.
jacaru Wrote:I have tested this last build keith made (and both the builds from bole5 and i5Js available at ios-audio fixes thread) and things seemed to have gotten a bit worse, if anything Wink

Now even the menu clip, which played fine before on 17th nightly, plays at 3fps.

Here is the log with May 2nd build.

Jaime.

I suspect Memphiz was mistaken and your issue is not the same one that bole5's patches fix.
Performance seems to have improved greatly when browsing through viewtypes with fanart enabled in this latest nightly. The fanart now changes immediatly as you select the next TV show/Artist/Movie for example instead of only appearing maybe a second after you had stopped scrolling. Using XeeBo.

Really great work!

Any time frame on AudioEngine being added into trunk? No rush anyway as analog is working in 2.1 which gets me by.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2