• 14(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Latest build seems much improved when using Icefilms on ATV2.

I can now successfully fast forward and rewind with no problems. Also, when buffeting occurs, it now recovers seamlessly.

Many Thanks,
DuMbGuM Wrote:Performance seems to have improved greatly when browsing through viewtypes with fanart enabled in this latest nightly. The fanart now changes immediatly as you select the next TV show/Artist/Movie for example instead of only appearing maybe a second after you had stopped scrolling. Using XeeBo.

Really great work!

Any time frame on AudioEngine being added into trunk? No rush anyway as analog is working in 2.1 which gets me by.

No. See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=773201&postcount=7

Short answer: WE NEED MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE ON THE IRC CHANNEL! Gimli has be kind enough to start dropping builds (I'm still having osx build issues) and drweirds and dazex has been helping with the testing.

What we need to accelerate audioengine is:
1) a group of testers who have macs hooked up to optical audio/hdmi to their reciever and are willing to help try out nightlies of AE, 1st in OSX and later in iOS.

If you fit this, please idle in irc and msg me you would like to join AE testing (my nick on irc is keith) and what your forum nick is. I will go thru your past posts and if you seem knowledgable/helpful/etc, you will be granted access to gimli's private dropbox but you MUST SHARE YOUR RESULTS.

So please, join #xbmc-ios on freenode. Idle. Help out and with your help we can make xbmc-ios the kickass platform we all know it will be!

Once AudioEngine is solid on OSX, then the focus will be on iOS which is why I'm doing a rallying cry for OSX users.

Thanks for listening to my little rant, it's been a while and I'm thankful to all of you for that. Smile
jacaru Wrote:I have tested this last build keith made (and both the builds from bole5 and i5Js available at ios-audio fixes thread) and things seemed to have gotten a bit worse, if anything Wink

Now even the menu clip, which played fine before on 17th nightly, plays at 3fps.

Here is the log with May 2nd build.

Jaime.

This looks same as before in your case. Strange. It still looks like the audio bug, which bole5 fixed already, to me. Maybe someone else sees another problem here. Jacaru are you sure your update went ok and you are running the latest nightly?

Code:
477.20:32:56 T:122257408 M:120078336   ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
478.20:32:56 T:122257408 M:120078336   ERROR: AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
kobun Wrote:good job,

SSA subs on 720p mkvs still dont work...Sad

Thewolf Wrote:Still no love for ssa/ass subs.

do you really think that we dont know that? do you think that posting every few days will make it go faster?AngryNo
aherstein Wrote:Does this build support iOS 4.3? I am getting random crashes with nothing in the logs.

yes, perhaps you need to open a new thread to get some love.
I'm about to delete every post in this thread that mentions an issue without a debug log.

Did everyone selectively *forget* what the 1st post says?

IF YOU HAVE NO DEBUG LOG, DON'T BOTHER POSTING.

If you wonder where your post went, you probably failed to follow simple directions.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

I had to go thru and delete all the install help posts. This is not the place for that either. If you don't understand how apt-get works, you probably shouldn't be using this build, but feel free to join irc and someone will probably help you. I just don't want this thread cluttered with non useful posts for majority of the people who are following along.
jacaru Wrote:I have tested this last build keith made (and both the builds from bole5 and i5Js available at ios-audio fixes thread) and things seemed to have gotten a bit worse, if anything Wink
Now even the menu clip, which played fine before on 17th nightly, plays at 3fps.

Memphiz Wrote:This looks same as before in your case. Strange. It still looks like the audio bug, which bole5 fixed already, to me. Maybe someone else sees another problem here. Jacaru are you sure your update went ok and you are running the latest nightly?

I agree with Memphiz. It does look like as if jacaru isn't using the latest build.

@jacaru: If you are making your own build could you remove the comment on the line 30 of the IOSAudioRingBuffer.h (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ngBuffer.h) and then post your debug log. Otherwise a sample file might help...
bole5 Wrote:I agree with Memphiz. It does look like as if jacaru isn't using the latest build.

@jacaru: If you are making your own build could you remove the comment on the line 30 of the IOSAudioRingBuffer.h (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ngBuffer.h) and then post your debug log. Otherwise a sample file might help...

This is what I am using:

Code:
22:08:28 T:117039104 M:127201280  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Mac OS X (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1). Built on May  2 2011 (Git:20110430-f5e63e6)

I have found something. If I go directly to the .vob file and play it, it plays fine. If I go to the VIDEO_TS folder and play it for the full dvd: the distributor and copyright videoclips play fine. Then I get the dvd language selection menu; and then the main dvd menu videoclip and episodes end up playing slowly at 3fps.

I guess it makes no sense sending you a clip right now. I will try the other change you suggested.

Regards,
Jaime.
Just installed the new nightly:

FINALLY !!!

rtp streaming is working the first time (sound and picture)

it is really slow (HD content IPTV) but it works !
I'm finding WEB-DL rips don't play properly with latest (2nd May) nightly.
Here is a log.

Looks like the frames are played out of order producing a very juddery effect.
Latest episodes of Fringe and The Killing both do this. The files both play correctly on Popcorn Hour. I'm on iOS 4.2.1.
popcornmix Wrote:I'm finding WEB-DL rips don't play properly with latest (2nd May) nightly.
Here is a log.

Looks like the frames are played out of order producing a very juddery effect.
Latest episodes of Fringe and The Killing both do this. The files both play correctly on Popcorn Hour. I'm on iOS 4.2.1.

Pastebin Mediainfo please.
A sample file wouldn't be a bad idea either, of about 50-100mb. Put it on dropbox or mediafire or something. If you cut it yourself make sure your sample exhibits the same issue.
keith Wrote:Pastebin Mediainfo please.
A sample file wouldn't be a bad idea either, of about 50-100mb. Put it on dropbox or mediafire or something. If you cut it yourself make sure your sample exhibits the same issue.

mediainfo

It seems to affect every WEB-DL file I've tried. This works in last official build.
(Note: WEB-DL files are iTunes rips put into a mkv container without transcoding, so you would expect ATV2 to like them).
jacaru Wrote:This is what I am using:

Code:
22:08:28 T:117039104 M:127201280  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Mac OS X (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1). Built on May  2 2011 (Git:20110430-f5e63e6)

I have found something. If I go directly to the .vob file and play it, it plays fine. If I go to the VIDEO_TS folder and play it for the full dvd: the distributor and copyright videoclips play fine. Then I get the dvd language selection menu; and then the main dvd menu videoclip and episodes end up playing slowly at 3fps.

I guess it makes no sense sending you a clip right now. I will try the other change you suggested.

Regards,
Jaime.

Here is the log with the IOSAudioRingBuffer debug info on:

http://pastebin.com/eykhNyXP

Regards,
Jaime.
jacaru Wrote:the distributor and copyright videoclips play fine. Then I get the dvd language selection menu; and then the main dvd menu videoclip and episodes end up playing slowly at 3fps.

I've been getting the same results with the current build and the one from 4/17 (first nightly I installed so no previous experience). This example is from Tangled which I ripped with all the different options in DVDFab for skipping warnings and saw no change. I also saw it with The Tourist in the previous build and it would crash XBMC. I've already deleted The Tourist but noticed it didn't crash if I unselected "Attempt to skip introduction..."

4.2.1 (8C154)
compiled May 2nd (same with prev version, 4/17 or 4/18? and bole5 compiled audio fix)
log
Having a problem (xbmc crash) with viewing certain photos using the xbmc Picture viewer.
Initially I couldn't view any photos, then I found that I have to switch off "Show EXIF picture information" in the Settings which I did.
Thumbnails are displayed correctly, but once I get to photos with a certain raw camera format, xbmc crashes and I am back in the atv2 main menu after a lowtide restart.
The photo was taken with a Sony DSC-HX5V (10.2Mpx), while photos with a HDR-SR12E are showing fine.
When using the slideshow, the first few photos (w/o GPS data) are showing fine and the suddenly xbmc crashes (as soon as the first DSC-HX5V photo is to be displayed).

Platform: atv2
iOS: 4.2.1 (4.3) (8F202)
Built on May 2 2011 (Git:20110430-f5e63e6)
nitoTV (0.6.7)
Install Method: dpkg

xbmc.log

Sample JPG

Is it maybe GPS related as the photos in question contain GPS data, while the others do not.

Quote:File Size : 3.8 MB
File Type : JPEG
Camera Model Name : DSC-HX5V
GPS Version ID : 2.2.0.0
Compression : JPEG (old-style)
Image Width : 3648
Image Height : 2736
Image Size : 3648x2736

One more remark; After I installed (upgrade from 1-April nightly) the previous mid-April nightly version, I got OpenGL errors on every page. Had to delete the OpenGL plugin as I could not find a way to disable it. (sorry no log) ...
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2