• 18(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
davilla Wrote:if you change

#if defined __APPLE__

to

#if defined(__APPLE__) && !defined(__arm__)

in xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.cpp ( line 310 ) does that fix the issue ?

I tried that change, and my overscan calibration was still ignored. (Or had been reset to default on a previous run without this change).

I then set it up again, and it seeemed to work, and was still working after a restart.

However I didn't try setting calibration again before making this change, so I don't know if that could have worked anyway.

Perhaps Cranial can confirm that setting new overscan calibration does not get saved with top of tree.
popcornmix Wrote:I tried that change, and my overscan calibration was still ignored. (Or had been reset to default on a previous run without this change).

I then set it up again, and it seeemed to work, and was still working after a restart.

However I didn't try setting calibration again before making this change, so I don't know if that could have worked anyway.

Perhaps Cranial can confirm that setting new overscan calibration does not get saved with top of tree.

Won't get a chance to try it until tomorrow, but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

If you can set overscan and it stays set after leaving the calibration screen, then I'd say this fixed it. I couldn't get overscan calibration to stick with current build.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
keith Wrote:pastebin a log with debugging enabled, also try the newer build.

When I posted I thought I was running the latest build (7 May) but realised I was running 2 May, so I edited the post accordingly - probably should have deleted instead.

I have updated to 7 May build now.

Will test again later and post a log if applicable.

Thanks

[update]
Tested the MKV in question on my iMac core 2 duo and it's choppy in VLC too, so it must be a bad encode.
Cranial Wrote:Won't get a chance to try it until tomorrow, but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

If you can set overscan and it stays set after leaving the calibration screen, then I'd say this fixed it. I couldn't get overscan calibration to stick with current build.

Okay, I believe it is fixed. With the #if changed, I could leave the calibration screen with the new settings in force, and they continue to work after a quit and restart.

It appears if you launch with current (non-modified) top of tree, you lose your current calibration settings.
so with the change to the #ifdef: yes, no or maybe ?
Platform: ATV2
iOS version: 4.2.1
XBMC Build: May 7 (Git:20110507-4b18017)

Do not lose http://83.142.8.2:8002, only plays sound.
You can fix this?
davilla Wrote:so with the change to the #ifdef: yes, no or maybe ?

Yes. (I think it fixes it).
Keith,

FYI, I know sound issues are not looked into yet, but I thought you might be interested to know that in the build of May 7th, AC3 is working when running on iOS 4.2.1, but it's not working when running on 4.3.1 (I have 1 atv on 4.2.1 and 1 on 4.3.1, I've tried both connected to the same setup)

And with not working I mean garbled sound. I know you won't investigate yet, but this might point you towards a cause in the future.

Remco
I use XBMC Commander.....become on the ipad the dvd cover and music cover.....etc.
I upgrade to the nightly build version and i don't become nothing anymore about what is in the library
sprut Wrote:Platform: ATV2
iOS version: 4.2.1
XBMC Build: May 7 (Git:20110507-4b18017)

Do not lose http://83.142.8.2:8002, only plays sound.
You can fix this?

Since this is your 1st post, consider this a warning to please not post issues without a debug log.

Here's a thread on posting iOS issues:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

And please read the 1st post in this thread before posting again.

In addition, I have no idea what youre trying to do, so please elaborate on the description so we can try to help you.
Hey guys,
Gimli, Amet and I have decided to start up a new channel for the pending AudioEngine merge, specifically the CoreAudio port that affects OSX and iOS platforms, called #xbmc-ae.

What AudioEngine is: (taken from: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289)
So far, SDL has been stripped out of XBMC, a new audio layer called, yes, you guessed it, "AudioEngine" has been built. This new layer is able to handle bit-perfect reproduction of audio, mixing, preloaded sounds, resampling, downmixing, post-processing filters.

Keep in mind: WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE AE RELATED POSTS ABOUT THESE BUILDS ON THE FORUM YET. Please do not go post in Gnif's thread, unless you have a patch/fix for code that concerns something beyond just the coreaudio stuff that gimli and others have been working on.

Once we merge with master, the floodgates of forum posts will open up I'm sure.

What we need:
1) OSX Users w/ digital audio and something that accepts ac3/dts.
(Eventually dts-hd and truehd, but let's not get ahead of ourselves)
2) iOS users w/ digital audio in as well (can we do digital audio in on iphone/ipad/etc?)
I would prefer you to have *both* setups with a focus on osx right now.
3) Reasonably techie users. We want you to know what to do with dpkg. If we ask 'install syslogd, retest and give us logs' you should know howto do that, find crashreporter stuff, ssh in, etc. If you installed the nightly without any help, you're probably good. Bonus points if you code and know coreaudio!

What's the steps:
1) Join #xbmc-ae on freenode.net. This is mandatory because we are trying not to do troubleshooting yet on the forum. Eventually we will be there. If you don't wanna join IRC, you probably don't have time to do testing of this.
2) Fit the requirements above.
3) Ask in the channel for someone to add you to our dropbox. Expect them to ask for your forum name so they can verify your knowledge, or just tell them you're a GNU wizard. Wink

I'm going to crosspost this to OSX, iOS and my thread, so hope nobody minds.

Let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns.

(and yes, I'll delete any posts asking when it'll be done/merged/functional, in case you didn't think I wouldnt!)

(oh, and if any of the other AE guys want to join feel free! The most testers the merrier!)
keith Wrote:2) iOS users w/ optical audio in as well (can we do optical audio in on iphone/ipad/etc?)

Not HDMI ? I can do both of course, but is there a reason for specifying optical?

Oops, I meant 'digital audio'.
Both Optical and HDMI are supported. Please test with both.
davilla Wrote:if you change

#if defined __APPLE__

to

#if defined(__APPLE__) && !defined(__arm__)

in xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.cpp ( line 310 ) does that fix the issue ?

Davilla, applied this patch and it's all good. XBMC fired up with correct overscan adjustment. Restarted multiple times and XBMC behaves as it should.

Thanks, and sorry it took me so long to test it out.

I can't play music in the current (May 7) nightly on my ATV2. Videos play normally, including audio tracks, but playing any M4A or MP3 file results in the playback thread seemingly spawning, and the counter appearing in the GUI, but the counter then sticking at 0:01. Additionally, XBMC hangs seemingly when anything attempts to interact with the playback thread (that is, pausing, or attempting to exit).

I've had this problem intermittently on older builds, but it now seems 100% reproducable.

Unfortunately, the debug log is remarkably unhelpful, but I've uploaded it anyway. I hit play at 20:39:58, and then attempt to exit at 20:40:22.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2