• 26(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Thank you Captain! Wink

Captain Wrote:My (mp3) music playback stopped at 1 sec and crashed XBMC, BUT this workaround is easy and working!

The PAPlayer (default audio player) seems to cause the crash, but the DVDplayer plays the mp3's like a sharm!
You can just choose "Play using..." on any MP3 and select DVDplayer, but to fix it permanent just edit or create the advancedsettings.xml in you userdata folder and add:

Existing advancedsettings.xml add:
<audio>
[INDENT]<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
[/INDENT]
</audio>

Creating an advancedsettings.xml add:
<advancedsettings>

[INDENT]<audio>
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]</audio>
[/INDENT]

</advancedsettings>

Enjoy the music again...
anyone struggling to play the iplayer plugin lately? Mine keeps trying to play but then just fails to display after it shows. Here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/8rCH7i66
for more fine grained control of vectoring mp3's to dvdplayer, see

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_playback

playercorefactory.xml can be used to redirect any media to any player that support it. Note, here you are creating a playercorefactory.xml in userdata and NOT modifying the existing one in system/playercorefactory.xml
how to turn off the debug info (the bit with cpu usage on the top left corner) when playing movies.
somebol Wrote:how to turn off the debug info (the bit with cpu usage on the top left corner) when playing movies.

It's on or it's off. If you're just watching movies and not testing/debug then turn it off via system settings.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
is it possible to remove XBMC and reinstall it. This build messed up my XBMC. I cant change anything under settings. All greyed out.
@whotippedmycow, really ?, two threads and now in here? blasting the forum with the same post is a sure way to anger the gods.
sorry davilla, i fixed my one issue playing around with it. I thought posting in here was ok due to the fact my issue came from installing this build. The one post outside was a accident. Im reading stickies now and trying to find out how to fix my issue. Sorry
How deleted movies are meant to be removed from the library? I deleted some movie directories and the "scan for new content" etc. did not remove the movies from the library. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

There is a HD/SD icon after the movie name, it currently appears after first playback. I think it was generated automatically at some point.. maybe I remember wrong?
Rohirm Wrote:How deleted movies are meant to be removed from the library? I deleted some movie directories and the "scan for new content" etc. did not remove the movies from the library. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

There is a HD/SD icon after the movie name, it currently appears after first playback. I think it was generated automatically at some point.. maybe I remember wrong?

clean library
Hi Keith,

Now that the pvr branch compiles for ios and atv2, is there any chance you could host these builds as well. No worries either way i just thought i would ask.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Any eta of some updated builds?
Ger Teunis Wrote:Any eta of some updated builds?

ETA's are discouraged, they ruin the suspense.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Just noticed the play from here option. Awesome Ty to whoever dropped that feature into the latest build.
Ger Teunis Wrote:Any eta of some updated builds?

in... , damm, now I forgot. Mr.GoldFish.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2