PRE-REQS: (or why to not use this build)
- NO NEW FEATURES. DO NOT INSTALL THIS TO EXPECTING SOMETHING NEW.
- NON COMMAND LINE FRIENDLY. I am enforcing this heavily. If you need to ask about any unix commands, you shouldn't be on this build, otherwise we will delete your post.
- People who don't want to participate in testing
- Something newcomers should not use. If you haven't used XBMC before the XBMC-IOS port, please don't use this build.
- Replacement for your (insert stable platform here). Someday it will be there. Hopefully with help!
- Repeating any info you see in this thread, or even on the rest of the forum, is just going to get your post deleted. So read up. And again. and again.
- UNINSTALL FIRECORE MEDIA PLAYER. It will make xbmc crash when playing media. So get rid of it if you want to use XBMC.
- Davilla has fixed hardware decoding on iOS 4.3! So the latest nightlies do support 4.3.
- iOS 4.3 update - This will crash XBMC, unless you block hosts: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96685 and/or install updatebegone from NitoTV.
After you've installed the official XBMC build, SSH into your atv2 (IP is under System > System Info in XBMC) and type:
- wget (use url below for ATV2)
- dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
- rm latest_atv2.deb
To upgrade, just do this again. To downgrade simply reinstall from NitoTV, or find an older nightly. You must install the official XBMC build first to make sure dependencies are handled. Other nightly builds can be found at http://hadm.net/xbmc/.
CAVEATS TO THIS BUILD:
- Remote Library - iOS build is on a higher db rev than xbmc stable is. Amet has identified a few bugs with it and we one-off'd a build that works, but we want the change to be fully populated and into nightlies first, so IF YOU USE THIS FUNCTIONALITY, IT WILL UPDATE YOUR DATABASE. So remove the advancedsettings.xml settings for mysql if you're worried about corrupting that DB, for this build at least.
- Plugins - Python should be loading now. I still don't think we're at a point where we should be troubleshooting addon/plugin bugs.
- Skins - Since we're on trunk, most skins aren't updated to TRUNK yet, so they don't work. This has nothing to do with the build and posts related to Skins will be deleted.
- Audio - Audio is semi broken in 4.3 until AudioEngine is merged in. If it works for you, great! If not, please hold off posting reports until AE is merged in.
- Music - Playback is busted. bole5 found a workaround:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=785...stcount=58 and: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=790...tcount=230
- DVD Playback - (need to find urls)
- Every initial report must include a .log link with debugging enabled. It's easy to tell now because when debugging is enabled theres 3 lines of txt across the screen.
- If this is a media playback issue, you must run 'mediainfo' and cut up a sample of the file.
HERE IS A POST ABOUT THE PROPER WAY TO REPORT A PROBLEM WITH XBMC:
I'm not going to require it for now, but it's a good starting point. If you don't follow ANYTHING above, your post will be deleted.
Download dir (to check build dates):