• 2(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Numus Wrote:What is the current merge status back to the master branch? I see a lot of work but no indication how close to complete it may be..

Done! Davilla is the man. Now it's just finding regressions and getting osx back on track.
@Numus: Kindly read the first two sentences in the original post. Actually, reread the entire first post. Smile
keith Wrote:3) In looking at your logs, did you notice any errors?
Because I looked at your log and all smb:// uri's seem to have a 0 or a 1 in front of them, so I'm amazed they worked at all. I would re-do your library, since it obviously got screwed up somewhere.
It probably crashed since 'extract thumbs' is still enabled. Read through old threads and apply the knowledge gained from there, this is just another incremental build. Hopefully the 'extract thumbs' bug gets fixed in merge soon.

yeah I noticed the 0 and 1 in front of the smb uri's. Don't know where they come from. They aren't there in the db. So it's a fault in the build I would say. The db works properly with the previously build.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Ronny! Wrote:yeah I noticed the 0 and 1 in front of the smb uri's. Don't know where they come from. They aren't there in the db. So it's a fault in the built I would say. The db works properly with the previously built.

Thanks for your quick reply.

This is the exact problem I spoke of in the 1st post with 'remote library' on atv2 now, because of the DB version. Your DB needs to be updated.

To do that, I had to clean out the whole thing, since upgrading didn't work at the time. I have no idea weather it does now, but this is a known issue and I shouldn't of even debugged it to the length I have already.
If you find a fix, let us know, otherwise I doubt any of us can assist you until we get builds publicly that use DB48 as well.
dazex Wrote:@Numus: Kindly read the first two sentences in the original post. Actually, reread the entire first post. Smile

Sorry Smile I went by the commits and didn't see how it was finished since it appeared work was constantly going on.
http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/

Remember, please don't report remote library issues. I've listed it as a known issue in the 1st post, unless you have fixes (like weather win32 is on DB48 as well, etc)

And remember the changelog is always at:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/
keith Wrote:http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/

Remember, please don't report remote library issues. I've listed it as a known issue in the 1st post, unless you have fixes (like weather win32 is on DB48 as well, etc)

the latest win32 nightly is on DB48, iOS is on DB47. im currently in the process of looking for a win32 nightly on DB47. will report back here with my findings.

edit:the 3/18 nightly for iOS is DB47, doubt its changed for the 3/20 release though?
keith Wrote:This is the exact problem I spoke of in the 1st post with 'remote library' on atv2 now, because of the DB version. Your DB needs to be updated.

To do that, I had to clean out the whole thing, since upgrading didn't work at the time. I have no idea weather it does now, but this is a known issue and I shouldn't of even debugged it to the length I have already.
If you find a fix, let us know, otherwise I doubt any of us can assist you until we get builds publicly that use DB48 as well.

The DB was updated by XBMC. There was an extra table/view added.
There is nothing wrong in the DB.

I removed everything out of the DB, and added it again, but still the uri's where wrong. I'll try it again with an totally empty DB.
thesuffering Wrote:the latest win32 nightly is on DB48, iOS is on DB47. im currently in the process of looking for a win32 nightly on DB47. will report back here with my findings.

What, my build is DB47? It should be DB48 too I think..
I've got remote library support back with the 3/20 however interestingly on the TV show library page shows are all listed as unwatched. However once you drill down into a show seasons and episode levels the watched/unwatched status are shown correctly. I'm guessing it's related to remote database issues as it appeared to be working with a local library.

So far not much to report in the way of issues, although my library and setup doesn't seem to suffer from many of the common issues mentioned.

xbmc.log
Image Don't even think about my mother!
Stiffler Wrote:I've got remote library support back with the 3/20 however interestingly on the TV show library page shows are all listed as unwatched. However once you drill down into a show seasons and episode levels the watched/unwatched status are shown correctly. I'm guessing it's related to remote database issues as it appeared to be working with a local library.

So far not much to report in the way of issues, although my library and setup doesn't seem to suffer from many of the common issues mentioned.

xbmc.log

confirmed working here. running this win32 nightly:http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe

both working fine updated to DB48
Turge Wrote:I'm also having a problem with video playing extremely slow when enabling Optical/Coax on ATV2 using latest build (032011).

In the XBMC.log below, I played Despicable Me (MKV with DTS) with Audio Output set to Analog/2.1 over HDMI and attempted to skip forward several times without issue. Exited the movie and tried this again.

Changed Audio Output to Optical/Coax/2.1 and kept TV/Receiver on HDMI output. Could hear white snow described earlier and upon resuming movie, framerate was about 1/second and slowly stopped playing until I exited with the Menu button.

I hope this can be of some help. I also experienced the same problems with the 031811 build.

http://pastebin.com/yGpS2nqC

I don't think it should ever be Analog on ATV2, since HDMI is digital. Select HDMI as output and deselect both AC3 and DTS. That should produce clear audio. Leave 2.1 checked if you have 2 channels (plus sub) so XBMC knows to downmix.

My settings are:
Audio Output: HDMI
Speaker Config: 5.1
Boost Volume: (not selected)
AC3: Selected
DTS: Selected
Audio Output Device: Default Output Device

My HDMI goes from ATV2 to Receiver (JVC RX-D412B) then HDMI to the TV. I don't use TV volume, but whitenoise isn't being outputted to it when I am watching TV, but I think that's my Receiver's doing.
Turge Wrote:By the way, the only reason I was hearing the white noise was because I had set up XBMC to output via optical but had left my TV speakers on so the white noise was coming through HDMI. Had I muted the speakers and turned on my receiver, I would've heard the sound proper but wanted to point this out since someone else had noticed the issue.

Oh, I understood your setup a little differently, I get it now.
I don't think the white noise problem will be fixed anytime soon, it's not a trivial fix.
by 'it's not a trivial fix' do you mean there's a lot of work involved in turning audio off through HDMI while optical is selected? interesting..
OniFactor Wrote:by 'it's not a trivial fix' do you mean there's a lot of work involved in turning audio off through HDMI while optical is selected? interesting..

Meaning we don't know how to do that. There's no public API for that.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2