• 3(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Can anyone confirm if the only way to upgrade the MySQL DB from version 42 to version 48 is by recreating it?

From an older build of XBMC, I exported the MySQL library and imported it into a new database while running this latest nightly build but the movie order is completely messed up (when viewing movies by Date Added).

The problem is definitely with the export feature.

Thanks.
Turge Wrote:Can anyone confirm if the only way to upgrade the MySQL DB from version 42 to version 48 is by recreating it?
Probably the easiest. That's what I did.
Turge Wrote:From an older build of XBMC, I exported the MySQL library and imported it into a new database while running this latest nightly build but the movie order is completely messed up (when viewing movies by Date Added).

The problem is definitely with the export feature.

I don't think the problem is with the export feature. The data is there after import. It looks like the skins just are not updated yet.

I ran into problems with the MySQL upgrade procedure (going from version 42 to 48). Main issues for me seem to be caused by sloppy handling of character sets on the tables/columns. It tries to cast latin1 string to utf8 and store that in a non-utf8 column. That caused the update process to get stuck in a loop. I got around it by manually adjusting the schema to match version 44, then letting the upgrade go from there.

The MySQL schema update procedure might work better if each version's batch of changes were wrapped in their own transaction, including the statement that updates the schema version.
I'm here to report that downmixing on the iPad looks to be working correctly now. No more weird audio through headphones!!!

Thanks!
My Setup:
  • Zotac MAG (with SSD) + 2TB External USB
  • Logitech Harmony One + Random Chinese I/R Receiver
  • XBMC + sabnzbd + sickbeard + couchpotato
Possibly one of the things ATV2 Software 4.2.1 that was released two days ago may be addressing. I still don't know what iOS version that shows up as 4.3 or 4.3.1?

Anyways, I haven't seen this issue yet.

One thing that I have noticed with the last two-three nightly is that one of my xvid I generally use for testing takes considerably longer to start. Nothing conclusive yet, but I'll put it out there in case anyone else observe the same behavior. I'll do a more thorough testing to see if this is an issue with the newer build, or isolated only to my box.
Just put up a 3/23 build.

The biggest changes here are optimizations, code has been added to dynamically load and unload most libraries now. So play with as much as possible and see if anything seems broken from before.

Also would love to see more private testers! join irc at #xbmc-ios on freenode, and email to the mailing list on the 1st post. More eyeballs means faster road to maturity!
I think one of the addition in the latest build is the re-enabling of keyboard input over the http protocol. So the remote apps should be fully functional now for ATV2.

That said, I have yet to test this. hehe
Oh, I believe info during video playback now shows how much buffer XBMC has read ahead. I believe that is another one of the addition to the latest build.
Is anyone else having a problem with the ATV2 sleep timer resetting to infinite after XBMC exits?

I've read elsewhere in this forum that it was fixed in earlier builds, something about how XBMC is supposed to reset the ATV2 sleep timer when it exits, but it's not working for me. No matter what I set the time to, it always returns to "Never" after using and exiting XBMC.

log file
jonson Wrote:Is anyone else having a problem with the ATV2 sleep timer resetting to infinite after XBMC exits?

I've read elsewhere in this forum that it was fixed in earlier builds, something about how XBMC is supposed to reset the ATV2 sleep timer when it exits, but it's not working for me. No matter what I set the time to, it always returns to "Never" after using and exiting XBMC.

log file

It is fixed, but it still happens to me randomly after I reboot the Apple TV. If you exit xbmc without turning off the ATV, the original timer value should be restored.
Heads up everyone: DB for remote library has revved again, so we're at v49 now. The nightlies for osx and win32 tomorrow should reflect this and I will privately release an iOS build that has this change as well since I'll be able to test it.

I don't think on this thread we will support any method of database upgrading. Blow it away, start over. Easier. If someone figures out howto upgrade, start a new thread please and I'll incorporate instructions to the post here once it's done. Smile

So, new private build tomorrow and new public build day or three after.
And the latest private nightlies also have iOS 4.3 hardware acceleration in them! So hats off to Davilla, the man of the hour, who tracked down everything Apple changed to make VideoToolBox work again!

So nows a good time to donate as any. Wink
I just renamed and moved the 3/26 build into the directory on the 1st post.

Notable change is 4.3 hardware decoding.

Note: There is some audio bugs still that are present. AudioEngine will hopefully fix this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289 but it not merged in yet.
Awesome work on the private builds! Great to see things improve on an almost daily basis.

Unsure if you're after plugin related bugs but here's an interesting playback issue.

If you try watching any of the "TV3" videos within the "NZ OnDemand" plugin they all run at 36fps rather than 25fps. I've tested on desktop XBMC and they play at the correct 25fps.

Running the latest private build "xbmc-032611".

Here's a TV3 ad from the plugin which is encoded to the same specs as the main streams and also playing at 36fps.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8754554/A0069693_330K.mp4
Latest semi-nightly "org.xbmc-032611_ios-arm-6374166b.deb" fails to launch on Ipad with iOS 4.3.1.

Latest release installed via cydia works with no issues.

Here is the pertinent info:

Platform: iPad
Version of iOS: 4.3.1 jail broken using latest release of sn0wbreeze
Build version number: org.xbmc-032611_ios-arm-6374166b
Install Method: ssh'd the build to iPad and installed using dpkg
FULL Debug Log: No xbmc.log or Crash report is generated.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2