• 5(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Hi Keith,
thanks for your work on nightlies. I'll just have a request. Could you give the video database version of each of your build. It's changing a lot currently, and it is a bit of a hassle to keep DB version in sync between Windows and ATV2 XBMC nightlies.
e.g. 03/26 build was v50 i think and current github db version is 51.
Odon Wrote:Hi Keith,
thanks for your work on nightlies. I'll just have a request. Could you give the video database version of each of your build. It's changing a lot currently, and it is a bit of a hassle to keep DB version in sync between Windows and ATV2 XBMC nightlies.
e.g. 03/26 build was v50 i think and current github db version is 51.
i just updated to the 4/1 iOS build and the 4/03 win32 build and they are on the same DB version
I haven't updated my OSX build with the nightly lately and my DB still works with the 4/3. So I think my desktop is at v48? and amet told me the latest nightly is v51. So I'll let everyone know if when I do upgrade my osx desktop if it breaks my db. Otherwise works fine so far! But amet said he was having problems..
Hi Keith,

I updated AppleTV to the 4.3.1 Firmware (using the new pwnagetool 4.3) and used the latest nightly as well as the nightly from the 26th of March.

But now I have the problem, that everytime I want to play a video (I only tested 5.1 ac3 audio) a popup tells me that the sound device could not be initialized (and the video stutters).

I have attached the AppleTV to my 5.1 receiver via optical - the receiver is AC3 and DTS capable (and I marked the specific fields in XBMC).

See pastebin for log: http://pastebin.com/dQHKjcUW

Especially:

Quote:ERROR: CIOSCoreAudioUnit::Open: Unable to Open AudioUnit. Error = 0x10000003 ( )

ERROR: Creating a Null Audio Renderer, Check your audio settings as this should not happen
will be important I guess...

I tried with clean install and with my previous library (that worked fine with the 26th march build on firmware 4.2.1)

UPDATE:
I tried switching to HDMI output - didn't work either :-(
Also I'm not alone with that problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=767...stcount=30

EmKay
Are you using the 8F191m or 8F202 ipsw?
8F202. I tried to use 8F191m, but it seems PwnageTool doesnt like it (cannot Build a custom ipsw from it).
If you have FireCore's Media Player installed, remove it.
i can confirm this issue ... its definitly not about firecores media player this time ... i've tested all possible audio settings ... it allways fails initializing the audiounit with error 0x10000003 ... this seems an issue with the atv2 only - 4.3.1 jb with pwnagetool on ipad worked and audio is working there...

sad but true

ps: the issue with firecores media player installed just b0rked the sound in a different way ... no error there - just not working ... so this was another issue - one should just leave the firecore stuff out when testing xbmc...
I am very glad to say the 4/1 nightly build is working very good with hd content over wifi.

i had earlier problem with stuttering and constant buffering when the ipad was jailbroken with snowbreeze.

Now that i Jailbroke with RedSnow for windows it works perfectly no more buffering

With this i am able to watch 720P videos over wifi from my main Desktop Library.

Thanks for the Great work in getting this, now just need an ipad friendly skin.
Memphiz Wrote:i can confirm this issue ... its definitly not about firecores media player this time ... i've tested all possible audio settings ... it allways fails initializing the audiounit with error 0x10000003 ... this seems an issue with the atv2 only - 4.3.1 jb with pwnagetool on ipad worked and audio is working there...

sad but true

exactly the same issue here. totally clean install with latest nightly and pwn and so on on the atv2
untethered JB with PWN = no Audio Device found No
tethered JB with Seas0nPass = Audio Device works Nod

i think it has something to do with the Custom Restore that PWN creates.

Anyone uses/has tested a Sn0wbreeze created Image?
Guys,
As stated numerous times:
DO NOT POST ME TOO, SAME HERE, ETC THREADS

If you want to, great, include a debug log.

I had to delete more posts so I wanted to restate this.

There does appear to be an audio problem with PwnageTool on 4.3.1 untethered JB, we'll post more when we know. Thanks to Dazex and Memphiz for bringing this to my attention.
For the past few revisions of this build, I've had a problem when resuming a particular movie (Little Fockers). When I play the movie from the beginning, the picture displays fine. When I attempt to resume from any point (even after rebooting the ATV2), the movie plays in the background (I can hear the sound) and the picture remains on the library screen. If I select the icon to switch to the video, nothing happens.

I installed the latest April 4th Win32 nightly and this problem doesn't happen. I'm currently on the April 1st revision of this build.

Here's the media info data: http://pastebin.com/Nnp4bWSz

And the xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/zX6w7cs0 (I played the movie from the start, stopped it and resumed from the save point)

Let me know if you need anything else.. I've tried testing with some other videos but haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

I also tried it on my other Apple TV 2G and the same problem is occurring...
keith Wrote:If you want to, great, include a debug log.

Just in case you do need another debug log on 4.3.1, here's one from me: http://pastebin.com/m6SkvQha. The symptoms are the same as other people have reported: the file appears to play, but there's no audio.

If not, carry on. Smile
can you install these deb files using the Cydia Autoinstall method?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2