• 10(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
ok, but as u said, I think it's a general bug because it's in aTV2 version.

BR!
When an episode is wacthed, it is marked as such.
When using the filebrowser to get to episodes this status seems not to be retained when moving dirs.
The logs tell me it is being marked as watched though.
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/595440/

Using an ATV2 running ios 4.3
XBMC 20110418-e113cff compiled on april 17

Did not find that much info. Maybe I did not search hard enough Smile
Anyone experiencing the same?
Going to check wether the db is updated accordingly or not too.
tomdc Wrote:When an episode is wacthed, it is marked as such.
When using the filebrowser to get to episodes this status seems not to be retained when moving dirs.
The logs tell me it is being marked as watched though.
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/595440/

Using an ATV2 running ios 4.3
XBMC 20110418-e113cff compiled on april 17

Did not find that much info. Maybe I did not search hard enough Smile
Anyone experiencing the same?
Going to check wether the db is updated accordingly or not too.

I've experienced that myself. Unsure if file mode markings are viewable in library mode honestly. Does this work this way in osx/windows/linux?
Have been running xbmc for linux uptill now (latest git version as long as it compiled on my system) where it does work fine.
I think there is no new official version, just compile nightly versions...
I am a total beginner in this world. I have managed to Install XBMC on my ATV2. However my ATV is running the latest version of iOS and XBMC does not function very well with HD video on this iOS version. I really would like to try this build. I have read Keith's initial post (and every other post in this thread). I understand that Keith does not want me to try this build. But I would still like to try it (and will of course take full responsibility).

Could any one else please advise me on how to install this build? I have tried to decipher the instructions from my original installation of XBMC with the ambition to adjust them to this build. But I have not succeeded.

Any one? Please.

Update: I didn't see the previous post. Is it the same procedure if you have the official build installed (and not a previous version of Keith's build)
Yes
keith Wrote:I've experienced that myself. Unsure if file mode markings are viewable in library mode honestly. Does this work this way in osx/windows/linux?

Noticed a difference in source type of media. Was viewing via an upnp share at first. Could not get xbmc to scan for content in library mode. Switched to SMB and it started off gathering covers/fanart/etc.
With some episodes of a serie actually identified in the library, the 'mark-as-viewed' does work as supposed to.

Back when using upnp, after viewing an episode it got marked as such, but when changing dirs and going into that same one afterwards got rid of the 'watched'-flag.
bono Wrote:I am a total beginner in this world. I have managed to Install XBMC on my ATV2. However my ATV is running the latest version of iOS and XBMC does not function very well with HD video on this iOS version. I really would like to try this build. I have read Keith's initial post (and every other post in this thread). I understand that Keith does not want me to try this build. But I would still like to try it (and will of course take full responsibility).

Could any one else please advise me on how to install this build? I have tried to decipher the instructions from my original installation of XBMC with the ambition to adjust them to this build. But I have not succeeded.

Any one? Please.

Update: I didn't see the previous post. Is it the same procedure if you have the official build installed (and not a previous version of Keith's build)

No.
And I will delete any more posts that ask. If you are unable to search to gain this knowledge (which is all over this sub-forum) than you shouldn't be on this build, plain and simple.

If you didn't save SHSH blobs like you were instructed too so you can't downgrade, I don't know what to tell you.

Please, have a little respect. When someone explicitly states 'don't use this if you don't know what you're doing' it's usually for a reason, here it's because if you do run into problems, I don't want those issues to taint your view of a very early port to a new ARCHITECTURE AND platform. Also nobody likes spoon feeding people.

Imagine trying to fit a tank engine into a Mini Cooper and that's similar to the amount of work that's been put into this port, going from 'big iron' platforms like x86 to embedded processors like ARM.

Remember guys, this port is LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD. Davilla started it in November and brought it to the public eye in January! It's incredible how far it's gotten, but don't forget perfection takes time. There's no shortcuts for stuff like this. (But donating does help spend less money on hardware and more for caffeine to fuel those late nights)

XBMC surely wants to continue doing ports like this 'in the public' but if it becomes more of a hassle than a reward to do it, they might re-consider this decision if the forums are polluted with people who don't know what they're doing trying to use it and not contributing valid issues...
tomdc Wrote:Noticed a difference in source type of media. Was viewing via an upnp share at first. Could not get xbmc to scan for content in library mode. Switched to SMB and it started off gathering covers/fanart/etc.
With some episodes of a serie actually identified in the library, the 'mark-as-viewed' does work as supposed to.

Back when using upnp, after viewing an episode it got marked as such, but when changing dirs and going into that same one afterwards got rid of the 'watched'-flag.

Good find! If you would open a ticket in http://trac.xbmc.org with your findings (and associated debugging links) that'd be great.

Also put if you change media sources on the win/linux/mac version if its different, or just on the atv2.
Hi,
I'm running the latest nightly release (17 APR) for ATV2. When trying to play a number of mp3 files xbmc freezes without playing the file. I am able to play the same files via itunes with no problems.

IOS 4.2.1
Jailbreak greenpois0n RC6.1

end of xbmc.log with debug on
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/595829/

Hopefully I have provided enough info.

Thanks

Phil
I'm having an issue where I can't resume any movie files. Every time I re-select a file it just starts from the beginning. I'm on ATV2 running 4.3 firmware JB'd with seasonpass running nightly (Git:20110418-e113cff) I have another ATV2 in my other room with the exact same setup reading from the same movies from the same source and it is able to resume just fine:

here is my log:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/595840/

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I'm having the same issue as flossie both with mp3 and flac files. Sometimes it plays a number of songs and then just stops when opening the next one. Sometimes it fails to play the first song in the playlist. The same song sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. It I hit the stop button after a song fails to play, iOS freezes completely and I have to restart the ATV.

ATV 2G, IOS 4.2.1 (2100), untethered jailbreak with Seas0nPass 0.7.4.
XBMC PRE-11.0, compiled Apr 17 2011.

Tail of log file:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/595889/
infinus Wrote:I'm having an issue where I can't resume any movie files. Every time I re-select a file it just starts from the beginning. I'm on ATV2 running 4.3 firmware JB'd with seasonpass running nightly (Git:20110418-e113cff) I have another ATV2 in my other room with the exact same setup reading from the same movies from the same source and it is able to resume just fine:

here is my log:

Thanks in advance!

It seems to be saving file state on video exit. Perhaps you have a permissions problem. I'd be looking in that direction.

And for future reference, problems like this should get there own thread, not tack onto this one, as you state the other ATV2 is functioning correctly, so it's not likely to be directly an XBMC problem.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
infinus Wrote:I'm having an issue where I can't resume any movie files. Every time I re-select a file it just starts from the beginning. I'm on ATV2 running 4.3 firmware JB'd with seasonpass running nightly (Git:20110418-e113cff) I have another ATV2 in my other room with the exact same setup reading from the same movies from the same source and it is able to resume just fine:

here is my log:

Thanks in advance!

Is the same prob I was experiencing.
What type is your media source? SMB/upnp/... ?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2