• 11(current)
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)
Keith,
Great build, i played several movies and skipped and fast forward through them and they all seem to be running smoothly. However once on a blue moon, after several fast forwarding, you will start buffering quickly and then the movie will freeze then slows down, sound will dissapear then the image will freeze and system will crash. I will try and reproduce it again tonight and hope to have a log before the crash, anyhow just wanted to point out that the sound fix is almost perfect,
Regards,
Hi there,
This is really strange issue (to me at least)
When I play music(mp3,radio...) from samba server and TV is turned on everything is working smooth. As soon as I turn TV off music starts to skip. Turn TV back on and everything is fine. I noticed it first with build from April 1st.

My setup:
ATV2 4.2.1 (jailbreak with greenpoison)
XBMC build from Keith - April 17th
Video: LCD TV through HDMI
Audio: Old school Sony receiver with s/pdif (toslink) digital input (DTS/DD)

I looked at log files but there is absolutely no change when TV is on or off so it seems useless.
I turned LCD off to save on electrical bill Smile
R0MSTER Wrote:Keith,
Great build, i played several movies and skipped and fast forward through them and they all seem to be running smoothly. However once on a blue moon, after several fast forwarding, you will start buffering quickly and then the movie will freeze then slows down, sound will dissapear then the image will freeze and system will crash. I will try and reproduce it again tonight and hope to have a log before the crash, anyhow just wanted to point out that the sound fix is almost perfect,
Regards,

I'm having the exact same issue. It started around the time 4.3 came out. I believe it only crashes on mkv files.

One of these days I'll remember to post the debug log.
running ATV2 4.2.1 jailbreak GP
XBMC nightly April 17Th

Was having issues with some media files as described in my other posts but keiths advice was to jump to the nightly build.

So my experience so far has been great. Its only been 2 days and i will post again after watching more movies and trying different things but so far all is good.

Sometimes when FF it tends to drop sound for a few sec but it did that before so i dont see that as a nightly build issue. Although if you want a log i am happy to post it for you.
Thanks again for the hard work. We apple TV lovers are very very happy at least i am and i am very thankful for the awesome work you guys are doing.
uomiarz Wrote:Hi there,
This is really strange issue (to me at least)
When I play music(mp3,radio...) from samba server and TV is turned on everything is working smooth. As soon as I turn TV off music starts to skip. Turn TV back on and everything is fine. I noticed it first with build from April 1st.

My setup:
ATV2 4.2.1 (jailbreak with greenpoison)
XBMC build from Keith - April 17th
Video: LCD TV through HDMI
Audio: Old school Sony receiver with s/pdif (toslink) digital input (DTS/DD)

I looked at log files but there is absolutely no change when TV is on or off so it seems useless.
I turned LCD off to save on electrical bill Smile

HDMI is doing funky things to the audio stream is my suspicion. I experience the same weirdness too, even when I turn off my TV and doing HDMI audio from AppleTV2 to Receiver to TV.
ac1115 Wrote:I'm having the exact same issue. It started around the time 4.3 came out. I believe it only crashes on mkv files.

One of these days I'll remember to post the debug log.

I'm having the exact same issue but with avi's. I haven't tried it with mkv's.

I can re-produce the issue by fast-forwarding and then rewinding bunch of times.

Here is my setup:

IPAD 1 running 4.3.1 Jail broken using redsn0w

iOS build: 17-Apr-2011

Here is the xbmc.log without debugging

Here is the xbmc.log with debugging
Cranial Wrote:It seems to be saving file state on video exit. Perhaps you have a permissions problem. I'd be looking in that direction.

And for future reference, problems like this should get there own thread, not tack onto this one, as you state the other ATV2 is functioning correctly, so it's not likely to be directly an XBMC problem.

Thanks I'll look into the permissions and try to find differences between the two systems. If I save a bookmark I can resume manually not sure if that matters. Thank you for your guidance.

tomdc Wrote:Is the same prob I was experiencing.
What type is your media source? SMB/upnp/... ?

Media source is via SMB.
tomdc Wrote:Noticed a difference in source type of media. Was viewing via an upnp share at first. Could not get xbmc to scan for content in library mode. Switched to SMB and it started off gathering covers/fanart/etc.
With some episodes of a serie actually identified in the library, the 'mark-as-viewed' does work as supposed to.

Back when using upnp, after viewing an episode it got marked as such, but when changing dirs and going into that same one afterwards got rid of the 'watched'-flag.

Upnp paths are not guarenteed to be static. Chances are your path changed out from under you when you refreshed the directory contents. Smb paths are stable. I used to run into this problem all the time and finally got fed up, switched to smb and never looked back.
R0MSTER Wrote:Keith,
Regards,

You can try my patch/binary and report if it helped: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=779...stcount=16
Platform iPad1
Version of iOS 4.3.2
Build version number and date compiled semi-night build April 17th
Install Method (deb installed with iFile)

Seems the hardware decode function is not enabled. Tried with 720p MKV H.264 and AAC moive.

I understand that 4.3.1 is fixed, but seems 4.3.2 is not function again.
I use redsn0w r14 to jb.
Thanks for your effort.
Since I searched a lot in these forums for information about XBMC on iPad but not found that much I feel that I can contribute with a success story.

iPad 1
IOS: 4.3.1
Installed XBMC from 17/4 via ssh and everything works just the way I want!
For the first time ever I am now very pleased with movie-playing on my iPad!
The UI works with touch-functions with the standard skin and so far I have not come up with a single flaw.

Playing movies from:
SD-card with camera connectivity kit - Works!
Internal storage (CineXPlayers documents) - Works!
Over the network from my smb-share - Works!

Some 720p movies stutters, especially rar´ed. Have not tried 1080´s.
Rar´ed DVD iso over the network via smb works without stutter.
Subtitles works.
bole5 Wrote:You can try my patch/binary and report if it helped: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=779...stcount=16

Interesting, but looks like others are still having problems with the patch, i would rather wait until several people report stability before applying. I am happy with the way things are right now, all my problems are gone...

Regards,
R0MSTER Wrote:Interesting, but looks like others are still having problems with the patch, i would rather wait until several people report stability before applying. I am happy with the way things are right now, all my problems are gone...

Regards,

bole5's new patch released today seems to have completely fixed the ff/rew slowdown issues for me.

See his seperate thread for the fix.

Thanks again Bole5!
I updated one of my ATV2's to the daily build. I didn't notice any difference for good or for bad. The 1080 stuff plays the same (skips and buffers). ISO's played, but played poorly.

Unfortunatly, updating the database was a deal breaker for me as i want to keep database compatibility with my desktops/laptops, so I had to go back (and rebuild the DB). I'll wait until the next stable release before updating.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE XBMC on my ATV!
can someone point me to the instructions on how to install nightly 04/17 on iPad 1 ( 4.3.1 )? I have gone through the forum and only see instructions for ATV2..

Thanks for your help.. LOVE XBMC
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[old] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues (here for archival purposes)2