• 23(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
yeroc1982 Wrote:partly working, i find a bunch of channels don't work, discovery being one of them, Any help??

Can you give any details as to how it doesn't work? what do you see on the screen if anything? Does the plugin fail to run at all? what did you install? We can't help if all we have to go on is "partly working".

A lot of channels do not work due to Adobe's accessv2 drm. What channels work for you?
I am a newbie to XBMC and am trying to get 'Canada on Demand' working on an Xbox original.

I softmod the xbox and installed xunleashed. I installed xbmc as an application. Using the 'SVN Repo Installer', I installed 'XBMC SVN Repo Installer'. From the un-official repositories, I installed 'Canada on Demand'.

When I select the 'Canada on Demand' video plugins. It reports that the script failed.

The following is the xbmc.log error I see:

22:34:51 M: 31010816 NOTICE: _end_of_directory
22:34:51 M: 31010816 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CPluginDirectory::EndOfDirectory - called with an invalid handle.
22:35:04 M: 37814272 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
22:35:08 M: 33284096 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
22:35:08 M: 33284096 ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'data'
22:35:08 M: 33284096 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\plugins\video\Canada On Demand\default.py", line 24, in ?
__settings__ = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.video.canada.on.demand')
File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.xbmcaddon\lib\xbmcaddon.py", line 37, in __init__
self._set_addon_info( xbmc.translatePath( cwd ), id )
File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.xbmcaddon\lib\xbmcaddon.py", line 84, in _set_addon_info
metadict[ "en" ] = metadata.firstChild.data
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'data'
22:35:08 M: 33808384 NOTICE: .
22:35:09 M: 39665664 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://video/Canada On Demand/
22:35:09 M: 39665664 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://video/Canada On Demand/) failed
22:35:25 M: 38920192 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
22:35:25 M: 36716544 NOTICE: Parameters
22:35:25 M: 36716544 NOTICE: {}
22:35:25 M: 36716544 NOTICE: select

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just wanted to say that this is a great plugin.. Yeah.. there's a few hiccups, like I can't get YTV to work yet, but for the most part, it's doing what I want. Wanted to say thank you for your efforts.. I'm going to investigate the YTV thing and see if I can get you some logs etc..
Thanks again
Bob
OK so I've tried playing with the play multiple clips option but it doesn't make a difference. A lot of the channels do not work on my system (see previous post with debug log on pastebin for details).

Is there anything else I can try?

Grateful for any help.
I've just installed this today, great app, my only issue is the Discovery Channel and Global TV links are broken (the app shows the directories but they are all empty)

I've tested CTV and Tou.TV and those work fine.
I really need discovery and food network & NOT one of the shows play?? whats up with that can we get a fix? they all come up with almost 5 parts per show & none play. Its weird that no one mentioned this yet on any forums
enix Wrote:I really need discovery and food network & NOT one of the shows play?? whats up with that can we get a fix? they all come up with almost 5 parts per show & none play. Its weird that no one mentioned this yet on any forums

did you get a log? did you give us any info about your system or software? Did you describe the error you get? What steps have you taken to try to fix it? Do they streams work on the provider's websites?

Coming on here with "whats up can we get a fix" makes you sound like some sort of media junky.

Come on, this is a free plugin for some free software. Contribute or gtfo.
I have a few stations that don't work as well. I'm new to this, so how or where do I get a log file to show you guys?

Sorry in advance if this has been answered hundreds of times else where.
really?
Thumbs Up 
jedix Wrote:Do you guys have "automatically play multiple clips" enabled? I found that causes a hang sometimes. open video add-ons and press "c" on Canada On Demand and check to see if this is the case. Make sure you press Ok after. Go back in there a second time to ensure it's changed.

That fixed it for me! All the content is available again. Thanks!
I found a few more Canadian sites for streaming in case you could add them.

A & E
APTN
Bet
Bio
Bloomberg News
MTV Canada
MuchMore Music
Spike
Teletoon
The Shopping Channel
W Network
Hi,

I tried to stream an episode from citytv tonight but got the playback failed error.
I am running xbmc eden beta-2 on a windows 7 x64 box. I tried enabling my librtmp is awesome and play next clip in the settings, but wether i had them on or off made no difference.

I was going to past the log here but it was too large. Just wondering how to submit the log for this plugin?

any help would be much appreciated.

watched a few shows on ctv, global, cbc and discovery. Great plugin thanks
CityTV doesn't work right now...

EDIT:

Thank you to the Dev's very much for your time and efforts into creating this plugin!
brookz Wrote:CityTV doesn't work right now...

Yep it's a "handshake" problem it it won't work until to update the rtmp and/or librtmp, anything else is just an excuse.
I DON'T DO CABLE.
Love this Add-on. I wish more Canadian Channels would be added though.

Thanks Mr. Developer Big Grin
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11