• 28(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
I am/was having the same issue with COD plugin when attempting to watch CTV local news. I typically watch COD on my ATV2 which recently would only play at best 1 second of video. Last night I checked the HTPC in the main room and it worked perfectly fine. I will attempt later on tonight when back at home if the ATV2 is still actively having this issue. FYI no updates have been applied to the ATV2 which would account for this behaviour.
exactly the same issue for me as well, just tried again to watch CTV Kitchener News for 6pm last night on ATV2 and HTPC box (both running same XBMC versions).
works fine on HTPC, fail on ATV2

EDIT:

Here is the FIX!!!!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1106384

I did exactly what he suggests of downloading that file and replacing it.

On my aTV2, I found it under the following path

/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks
Thanks for the information brookz - totally worked like a charm! And thanks to karmaj for the post in the Free Cable section Smile

Back to watching news again -woot woot!

Hi Everybody, need some Help with Canada on Demand...

I installed Canada on Demand through "repository.andrepl.zip" but for some reason whenever i want to play a channel such as CTV local news, it only plays for 1 or 2 seconds and it stops.

I am I missing something? do i need to reinstal?

please help
The andrepl version hasn't been updated in a while. You need to use the howlett version from github.

https://github.com/howlett/plugin.video.....on.demand

Just download the zip file.
Awesome, thanks, all is good, thank you brookz.

To clarify for some, as of this point in time, the following works:

Canada on demand (COD) from Post #410
(howlett version from github)

Using librtmp.0.dylib from Post #407
(replace the one located, for me, /private/var/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/ on my aTV2)

In Plugin Settings for COD I have (everything not mentioned is default):
- "My librtmp is Awesome!" selected
(I also have "Automatically Play Multiple Clips" Selected)

My XBMC is 11.0-Beta3

My aTV 2 is still on iOS 4.4.4
aTV Flash (black) version 1.3

(I'm reluctant to update as every time I do it is such a pain to get everything working again, and teach family how to use it)

Hope that helps all.

(2012-05-19, 00:44)brookz Wrote: exactly the same issue for me as well, just tried again to watch CTV Kitchener News for 6pm last night on ATV2 and HTPC box (both running same XBMC versions).
works fine on HTPC, fail on ATV2

EDIT:

Here is the FIX!!!!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1106384

I did exactly what he suggests of downloading that file and replacing it.

On my aTV2, I found it under the following path

/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks

So can I watch CBC with this file update?
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Hey all - I'm new to ATV2 and XMBC, but I have decent computer skills. I'm up and running and watching C.O.D. on several streams; Global National, CTV Toronto, etc.

I'd like to watch CTV News Northern Ontario, but there's nothing listed in that directory. Is there something I need to do, or is it just not being fed with any streams?

TIA!

D.
Has anyone some info on TVO (in_development)? The code is incomplete, but to complete it how do I know the proper parameters to TVO.woa or BRIGHTCOVE.woa? (the current "video" ones don't seem correct) Any pointers?
is this working for anyone in the uk on atv2? i really just wana get diy network
Is Treehouse/ TSN , Bravo, CBC working for anyone? Thank you for this add-on...and the fix!
(2012-06-26, 06:39)newbie01 Wrote: Is Treehouse/ TSN , Bravo, CBC working for anyone? Thank you for this add-on...and the fix!

No. Treehouse gives me script error
others just do not work even after updating librtmp.
It would appear that CTV's News elements are all broken due to a major website change in the past couple of days.
(2012-06-27, 19:46)DJ_Izumi Wrote: It would appear that CTV's News elements are all broken due to a major website change in the past couple of days.

I made some fixes do that the "CTV News' and 'CTV Local News' stations work now. You can get the updated plugin from my fork on github: https://github.com/marius-muja/plugin.vi....on.demand
(2012-06-28, 03:07)mariusmuja Wrote: I made some fixes do that the "CTV News' and 'CTV Local News' stations work now. You can get the updated plugin from my fork on github: https://github.com/marius-muja/plugin.vi....on.demand

Ohh nifty, thanks. I'd disconnected my cable and one thing I was gonna miss was my access to news, so I was disappointed to think I'd lose CTV News.

Any chance that for news broadcasts that use multiple parts for a single broadcast, you can get each broadcast into one 'sub folder' like it was before? It's a bit messy just seeing a big list of Date/Part files.

But either way, thank you. Smile
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11