• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
Thumbs Up 

The Canada On Demand plugin brings over 30 Canadian television stations directly to your HTPC.

Latest Version: Image [Changelog]

Live News!!!!
I have another plugin available in the same repository which features a ton of live news streams including al jazeera, bbc, cnn, cspan, and more. Check out the thread here.

Installation
The plugin is available through its own repository. To install it, download this zip file.

Then, in XBMC, go to System -> Addons -> Install From Zip File, and choose the zip file you just downloaded. A new repository is now listed under 'Get Addons' where you can find 'Canada On Demand' ready to install. Once it's installed the plugin will keep itself up to date, you never have to worry about it again.

Its also available on github: https://github.com/andrepl/plugin.video.....on.demand

Supported Channels
  • Aux.TV
  • Business News Network
  • Bravo
  • Bravo Fact
  • CBC (**)
  • CityTV
  • CMT
  • The Comedy Network (*)
  • CPAC
  • CTV
  • CTV News
  • CTV Local News (BC, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Northern Ontario, Ottawa, Regina, Saskatoon, Southwestern Ontario, Toronto, Winnipeg)
  • Discovery
  • The DIY Network
  • Family.ca (***)
  • Fashion Television
  • The Food Network
  • G4 Tech TV
  • Global TV
  • Global News (News, National, BC, Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Maritimes, Montreal, Regina, Saskatoon, Toronto, Winnipeg)
  • HGTV
  • History TV
  • Much Music (***)
  • OLN - Outdoor Life Network
  • OMNI
  • Showcase
  • Slice TV
  • Space
  • Tou.TV
  • Treehouse TV
  • TSN
  • TVOKids
  • TVTropolis
  • YTV

* = Some Streams may fail to play due to lacking full rtmpe support in XBMC.
*** = Pretty much all streams fail to play for the same reason.
** = Navigational bugs may exist such as empty categories, or extra videos being listed where they shouldn't.

Contributors
Want to Donate?
Update: THIS ADDON IS DEAD.
THIS ADDON IS DEAD.
THIS ADDON IS DEAD.
THIS ADDON IS DEAD.
THIS ADDON IS DEAD.
THIS ADDON IS DEAD.
THIS ADDON IS DEAD.
THIS ADDON IS DEAD.
THIS ADDON IS DEAD.

Almost nothing works now (August 2014).

Downloading.
Update: Works Great. Tried TSN, HGTV.ca, CTV.
The CBC stuff was empty. Tried around 10 of them.
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
osirisjem Wrote:Downloading.
Update: Works Great. Tried TSN, HGTV.ca, CTV.
The CBC stuff was empty. Tried around 10 of them.

which shows did you try? I just watched dragon's den on CBC all of season 5 is there. we may have an issue where empty shows aren't getting hidden, so it'd help if you could say which ones are empty, I haven't noticed any.
Works on XBMC for Windows as well. Smile
I wasn't able to get the Treehouse channel working.
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
There are sooooo many options in sooo many Menus and Sub Sub Sub menus.
You need an internal favourites so I can find my good stuff easier.

Great work !
andre_pl Wrote:which shows did you try?

Dragon's Den is there for me.

Nothing in CBC Kids (both sections)
Nothing in CBS Sports > Hockey Night in Canada > Coaches Corner.
Nothing in CBS Sports > Top Stories
osirisjem Wrote:There are sooooo many options in sooo many Menus and Sub Sub Sub menus.

Great work !

That's a great idea. I'm going to look into doing that as well as some options to show/hide channels.

Thanks for the input on the CBC listings too... I think it's just a real jerk to deal with, but I'll keep working at it.
osirisjem Wrote:Works on XBMC for Windows as well. Smile
I wasn't able to get the Treehouse channel working.

I Fixed treehouse as well as YTV, they're in 0.2.2
osirisjem Wrote:There are sooooo many options in sooo many Menus and Sub Sub Sub menus.

Good idea. I was going to suggest having a "TV Shows" menu that has all the best shows from all the different channels, but having "Favorites" would work great.

In TOU.TV plugin they also have a "Newest" category, so you can just see what new shows have been added in the last 7 days (since most shows are weekly, this makes sense)

Had some problems with CTV's Mad Men, that directory would not load.
Thanks for this great plugin - just wondering if there is a way to play the entire episode of a show instead of clip by clip. Thanks
sting2010 Wrote:Thanks for this great plugin - just wondering if there is a way to play the entire episode of a show instead of clip by clip. Thanks

Yes, but only for nightly builds of XBMC - you can activate it in the plugin preferences. If you are using a stable release, then you'll have to wait for this feature a while longer.
sting2010 Wrote:Thanks for this great plugin - just wondering if there is a way to play the entire episode of a show instead of clip by clip. Thanks

It's only possible with a recent SVN Build of XBMC, but there is an option under 'addon settings' where you can enable 'Play all clips automatically'
Added Tou.TV Support in 0.2.3
Today I had to click on Canada on Demand 3 times before it would load.
No biggie. Might be just my setup.
Coaches Corner worked today - and Lots of Stuff ! Smile

One small thing, that really should be fixed is ..
When I click on an item like this:
Leafs vs Bruins March 19 highlights
it must be a directory, because I am presented to click the file
Leafs vs Bruins March 19 highlights 41240K in the next menu.
I think that the file should play automatically !
I mean I clicked this: Leafs vs Bruins March 19 highlights
or course I want to play Leafs vs Bruins March 19 highlights 41240K !
Alot of the fun of this is ruined by having to constantly wade through content trees.

I hope it's obvious now ... there is lots of content.
Too much content .... way too much content.
So much that the current method of delivering content is cumbersome.

I want the content to come to me.
Into my inbox.
I dont want to have to go find it.
I know the content I want: golf and hockey (Mostly the Leafs).
Bring it to me !

When I start Canada on Demand, I want to see a list of New Leafs stuff. Don't show me stuff I've seen (maybe I could get to it if needed). I certainly don't want content trees. Just the goods.

You have things setup by channel ... you go into channels. It should be organized by content ! Users want content.

Once you start Canada on demand, I want to click a filter called Leafs.
I dont mind waiting ... and then I want to be presented with the list of all the Leafs content, and I want to play the whole list, skipping the stuff I dont want to watch.

Once I'm done with the leafs, I'd like to watch Golf stuff (so I'd need a Golf button on the HomePage of Canada on Demand). Note: I don't mind taking the time to setup the content filters.

Probably because of poor naming of content, some content won't filter well. But you don't make it hard to get to well named content just because some content is poorly defined. There always could be a way of manually moving through the Canada on Demand Content.

XBMC in general seems obsessed with tree structure. Please don't fall into the trap !

Currently the Channels are the defining structure. Make me and my content the defining structure.
osirisjem Wrote:Today I had to click on Canada on Demand 3 times before it would load.
No biggie. Might be just my setup.
Coaches Corner worked today - and Lots of Stuff ! Smile
I think there was an issue in 0.2.2, let me know if it happens anymore in 0.2.3.

osirisjem Wrote:One small thing, that really should be fixed is ..
When I click on an item like this:
Leafs vs Bruins March 19 highlights
it must be a directory, because I am presented to click the file
Leafs vs Bruins March 19 highlights 41240K in the next menu.
I think that the file should play automatically !

If you update to a recent SVN build of XBMC you can enable that option, its disabled due to a bug in dharma.

osirisjem Wrote:I mean I clicked this: Leafs vs Bruins March 19 highlights
or course I want to play Leafs vs Bruins March 19 highlights 41240K !
Alot of the fun of this is ruined by having to constantly wade through content trees.

I hope it's obvious now ... there is lots of content.
Too much content .... way too much content.
So much that the current method of delivering content is cumbersome.

I want the content to come to me.
Into my inbox.
I dont want to have to go find it.
I know the content I want: golf and hockey (Mostly the Leafs).
Bring it to me !

When I start Canada on Demand, I want to see a list of New Leafs stuff. Don't show me stuff I've seen (maybe I could get to it if needed). I certainly don't want content trees. Just the goods.

You have things setup by channel ... you go into channels. It should be organized by content ! Users want content.

Once you start Canada on demand, I want to click a filter called Leafs.
I dont mind waiting ... and then I want to be presented with the list of all the Leafs content, and I want to play the whole list, skipping the stuff I dont want to watch.

Once I'm done with the leafs, I'd like to watch Golf stuff (so I'd need a Golf button on the HomePage of Canada on Demand). Note: I don't mind taking the time to setup the content filters.

Probably because of poor naming of content, some content won't filter well. But you don't make it hard to get to well named content just because some content is poorly defined. There always could be a way of manually moving through the Canada on Demand Content.

XBMC in general seems obsessed with tree structure. Please don't fall into the trap !

Currently the Channels are the defining structure. Make me and my content the defining structure.

All of this seems a little ambitious. We'll start with a 'bookmarks' or 'favourites' feature that will be accessible at the top level of the plugin, and work from there.

In general, XBMC is obsessed with tree structures because they're the only thing that works. having all kinds of content all over the place just isn't realistic, especially when it comes from 20+ different websites.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11