• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
An easier version of my outlined custom content delivery would be to still have an inbox but not the keyword searching.

My inbox / HomePage would be:
Coaches Corner
CBC Science and Technology
The Colbert Report

So the HomePage would just be shortcuts to the existing content.
That is essentially what you have planned.

The "custom" content thing could fit in the menu structure ....

Coaches Corner
The Colbert Report
Custom: Leafs

FYI, other people in the house will probably want their own Canada on Demand HomePages. Smile

I think the "Home Page" should allow for definable "Folders". I might use them as "Dad" "Mom" "Bob". Others might use them differently. Being able to assign an image to the Folder would be fun as well. It'll look great as well.

The CBC section seems to have alot of duplicate content and content that doesn't belong to the category. Coaches Corner has many more items than just Coaches Corner.

Very Cool plugin - Great Job.
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
osirisjem Wrote:An easier version of my outlined custom content delivery would be to still have an inbox but not the keyword searching.

My inbox / HomePage would be:
Coaches Corner
The Colbert Report

So the HomePage would just be shortcuts to the existing content.
That is essentially what you have planned.

The "custom" content thing could fit in the menu structure ....

Coaches Corner
The Colbert Report
Custom: Leafs

FYI, other people in the house will probably want their own Canada on Demand HomePages. Smile

I think the "Home Page" should allow for definable "Folders". I might use them as "Dad" "Mom" "Bob". Others might use them differently. Being able to assign an image to the Folder would be fun as well. It'll look great as well.

The CBC section seems to have alot of duplicate content and content that doesn't belong to the category. Coaches Corner has many more items than just Coaches Corner.

Very Cool plugin - Great Job.

That sounds more reasonable, its basically just bookmarks with folders. That's probably how the first iteration will look.

As for CBC, I'm aware of the problem, and I'm working on sorting it out... This was originally an attempt to fix the problem of categories showing up empty, so I figured this way is better in the meantime, everything should be there, but there will probably be some extra stuff too Smile
andre_pl Wrote:In general, XBMC is obsessed with tree structures because they're the only thing that works.

Well .. I guess it depends on the goals to determine what works. Wink

I often know what content I want to watch.
I want to watch "The Matrix" or show someone the "Baby Monkey" video I downloaded or show someone the "Bike riding video" of my son.

Well, on my PC. I can find those videos in "under 1/2 second" with a good search tool.

ESP - search engine.
http://espsw.blogspot.com/
Download - http://www.fileserve.com/file/9sp7pYZ

It takes me way too long to find that stuff in xbmc.
Sure the menus with nice thumbnails are cool looking. But they certainly aren't fast.

Regardless.
Loving your plugin. Keep up the good work.
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
Because there is so much content already ..... it would take someone very persistent to actually even discover all the content. I don't think most people will ever know what content is available. Even if I am looking for content, I don't know what channel it is on. So I dont know where to look.

I'd rather be presented with a long list of all the content (and I mean really long). Do you have a list of all the content available ? in a text file or something ?

I tried to find 0.2.3 ... I even uninstalled and installed. Just .2.2 shows up. Is there a way to update my xbmc to see the new version ?
osirisjem Wrote:I tried to find 0.2.3 ... I even uninstalled and installed. Just .2.2 shows up. Is there a way to update my xbmc to see the new version ?

Either just wait for XBMC to auto-update (it polls for updates pretty regularly), or you can go in to your settings >> plugins and force-update the repository. Once XBMC does that, it'll see the COD plugin is updated and it'll begin downloading the new version.

-Dan
osirisjem Wrote:Because there is so much content already ..... it would take someone very persistent to actually even discover all the content. I don't think most people will ever know what content is available. Even if I am looking for content, I don't know what channel it is on. So I dont know where to look.
I'd rather be presented with a long list of all the content (and I mean really long). Do you have a list of all the content available ? in a text file or something ?

No, every channel's data is scraped live from their websites, there's no easy way to generate and maintain a complete list of all the content available, you really do need to 'drill-down' through all of the folders to get to this stuff, theres just no way around it except the bookmarks, which will hit the repository very soon.

osirisjem Wrote:I tried to find 0.2.3 ... I even uninstalled and installed. Just .2.2 shows up. Is there a way to update my xbmc to see the new version ?

System->Addons->Get Addons, select "Andrepl's Addons" and choose "Force Refresh" or "Check For Updates" from the context menu (I usually just do both)
Do most of these channels require you to be on a Canadian IP to work? I'm in the US and can't play anything on Discovery, Food, CTV, etc.
dagatech Wrote:Do most of these channels require you to be on a Canadian IP to work? I'm in the US and can't play anything on Discovery, Food, CTV, etc.

Yes, most of them do. There are some channels and shows that might work outside of Canada, but theres usually no easy way to tell without actually trying it.. if you have access to a Canadian proxy server you can enter it in the addon settings though.
In Tou.TV, there is a very popular show called "19-2". It does not show in the plugin. I'm not sure if it's because it is only numbers for the show title.... Most other shows seem to be present.
SimonMTL Wrote:In Tou.TV, there is a very popular show called "19-2". It does not show in the plugin. I'm not sure if it's because it is only numbers for the show title.... Most other shows seem to be present.

Fixed in 0.3.2
Star 
New update, script death on clicking either Bookmarks or All Channels, tried twice same error. Restarted tried twice same error.

http://pastebin.com/E7jBq5jg
PatK Wrote:New update, script death on clicking either Bookmarks or All Channels, tried twice same error. Restarted tried twice same error.

http://pastebin.com/E7jBq5jg

Can you try again with 0.3.3?
andre_pl Wrote:Can you try again with 0.3.3?

We're at 0.3.3Huh

Andre, you rock!!! Smile
Star 
andre_pl Wrote:Can you try again with 0.3.3?
100% had to grab the zip, it's not in the repro yet.

Great Stuff!
SimonMTL Wrote:We're at 0.3.3Huh

Andre, you rock!!! Smile

0.3.4 now. Smile

I added a max bitrate setting, so now where you would usually see the same show listed several times in different bitrates, it will instead only list the one with the highest bitrate that is still lower than max_bitrate. defaults to 9999 so generally the highest available.

probably the last version for the day Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11