[WINDOWS] Bug in Intel Graphics Driver 8.15.10.2321?
Question 
Hello,

I just assembled a new HTPC with an Intel Core i5 2500K CPU (Sandy Bridge with HD3000 processor graphics) and an ASUS P8H67-M Pro motherboard (H67 chipset). In a clean 64-bit Windows 7 machine, I installed the latest version of the Intel graphics driver (8.15.10.2321) and enabled "Adjust refresh rate to match video" in XBMC (Dharma 10.1). With this configuration, every time XBMC attempts to change the refresh rate, the machine blue screens instantly with a STOP message in the graphics driver. This only happens with XBMC; if I try changing the refresh rate myself of via MPC-HC refresh rate autochange it works.

To troubleshoot this, I formatted and installed 32-bit Windows 7 instead; same thing. Formatted again and tried both 64 and 32-bit Windows without SP1 (I was trying with SP1 before); no change. Tried later SVN releases of XBMC in all cases and it didn't help. I was giving up, thinking I had a hardware problem when I decided to use the graphics driver offered in the ASUS website (8.15.10.2219) and this solved the problem. I tried then to upgrade to the next-to-latest version from the Intel website (8.15.10.2291) and it also worked.

So it seems that there is a bug with version 8.15.10.2321 of Intel graphics driver, or at least with a Sandy Bridge processor and a H67 chipset, that crashes the machine with a blue screen when XBMC attempts to change refresh rates. Can anybody else here with a similar configuration reproduce this?
Core i5 661 on Windows 7 64b. I am having the same problem (bsod) but as soon as windows logon screen appears.
I rolled back to the previous driver and I am back with a 'working' driver.

Since Flash 10.2 is out I found out that I can't display a HD video on youtube when hardware acceleration is enabled in flash player. Do you have the same problem ?
I did not try Flash. I'll try this weekend and post my findings here.

It's strange that you are getting a BSOD in the login screen. In my case driver 8.15.10.2321 works normally until XBMC tries to change the refresh rate, then it crashes. The funny thing is that if I change the refresh rate myself it does not crash.

Most probably a DirectX game trying to change the refresh rate would trigger the same driver bug, but since the purpose of the machine is not gaming I did not try that either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Bug in Intel Graphics Driver 8.15.10.2321?0