[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification
TV Time

Channel-surfing for XBMC (Modification of PseudoTV Add-on)
Repository

TV Time is a modification of the ground-breaking XBMC add-on PseudoTV.

TV Time incorporates all the features of PseudoTV and adds a complete Channel Management System.

From PseudoTV:
Quote:This script gives you the ability to define your own TV channels and watch all of your media just as you would watch normal cable. Use the electronic program guide to see what's on, or to start watching anything you see.

Each channel is defined by a smart playlist. Create a smart playlist with whatever name you would like (this will be the channel name). NOTE: When asked for the file name, it must follow the format 'Channel_x' where x is the channel number, starting at 1. Don't add channel 3 before you add 1 and 2, it won't work.

The new Channel Management System provides access to hundreds of preconfigured channels while allowing the user to add their own custom channels. All this is done via the Addon Settings GUI. No more manually renaming Channel files!

Users with existing Channel_x.xsp files do not have to worry. The Channel Management System will automatically read in all the channels and add them to the Custom Channels configuration.

General Settings - same as PseudoTV, except instead of Fill in channels, TV Time has Auto Fill Custom Channels. By default, this is set to true, so any existing PseudoTV channels will automatically be imported.

TV Settings - settings for TV channels, e.g. number of episodes per channel, unwatched only, no specials, randomize. There are separate settings for "TV Genre & TV Network" and "TV Shows" so you can have TV Genre & TV Network channels can be randomized, but TV Show channels can be by airdate.

Movie Settings - settings for Movie channels, e.g. number of movies per channel, movie resolution, unwatched only, and randomize.

Mix Settings - settings for Mixed channels, e.g. number of episodes and movies combined per channel, ratio of episodes and movies, movie resolution, unwatched only, no specials, and randomize. Mixed TV Show channels are special in that they will always be ordered by airdate regardless of the Mix Setting for randomize.

Group Order - allows you to arrange the channels by group, so custom channels are added first, followed by TV Genre channels, etc.

The preconfigured channels are organized into several groups.

TV Genres - action and adventure, animation, etc.
TV Networks - abc, cbs, nbc, etc.
TV Rating - not supported at this time in Dharma.
TV Decades - 1950s, 1960s, etc.
TV Shows - 24, Battlestar Galactica, etc.
Movie Genres - action, comedy, etc.
Movie Studios - dreamworks, lucasfilms, pixar, etc.
Movie Rating - Children (G), Pre-teen (PG), Teen (PG-13), Adult (R, NC-17)
Movie Decades - 1950s, 1960s, etc.
Mixed Genres - mix of episodes and movies by genre
Mixed Decades - mix of episodes and movies by decade
Mixed TV Shows - mix of tvshows (always ordered by airdate ascending)

In addition to the preconfigured channels, each group allows you to add up to 5 custom channels to each group.

If that is not enough, there are up to 100 custom channels that can be configured.

Custom 1-25 - custom smartplaylists
Custom 26-50 - custom smartplaylists
Custom 51-75 - custom smartplaylists
Custom 76-100 - custom smartplaylists

Each preset channel allows the user to change the Channel name. When the channel is enabled, an additional setting is displayed for the channel showing the default channel name. This name can be changed to your liking, e.g. Animation TV can be changed to Animation Nation.

TV Time Loading

I've tried to add some additional feedback to the user via the Dialog Window. I am still tweaking it. Some channels can take some time to load (e.g. current TV Network channels) due to the number of playlists which have to be processed. The additional feedback is to help the user know if TV Time has stopped loading or if it is still processing channels. The issue with the TV Network load times will be resolved as soon as searching episodes by studio is added to smartplaylists and the XBMC core. The current solution isn't perfect, but it is the best that can be done at the moment.

Screenshots:

TV Time Settings
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

TV Time Loading

TV Time EPG

Known Bugs:
  • EPG Channel Names not showing when reloading TV Time. - Fixed as of 6:00pm EST 3/20/2011

Feel free to download TV Time from the Repository. Rename the folder script.tvtime and place in your XBMC Addon folder.
Great App! This is what I have been waiting for!

I dont get these settings:

I only get General, then Channel - how do i get the settings in the pic?
Hello,

Why don't you use PseudoTV instead. It is still being worked on by Jason while JTucker has not been seen here in months?
Pretty much has all the same options.

Mark
I think I got confused here - I am running Jason's TV program - but had some difficulties adding my own channels - then i found this which I thought was an addon on top of Jason's program - didnt realize it was its own thing here ...
Maybe i am running an older version of Jason's program - I will check it out ...

thanks for the response ...
TV Time fails on XBMC v12 (Frodo)
Works for me on Frodo (install from downloaded zip file), but when I load the channel configuration, it is half on the screen and half past the right side of the screen, so I can't see the options to edit. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification0