• 11(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification
Check the favorites options under skin settings.
Nothing to see here....
Thumbs Up 
I only just started using xbmc recently, but TV Time has turned it from something I like into something I love! It's great to just be able to "turn on the TV" and see what's on. Gotta say thanks for that.

I downloaded some of the bumps, but I can't seem to get them to work... I assume they only work for the network folder they're in, so "[adult swim]" folder meshses up with "[adult swim]" playlist, but I put them in a folder and added that folder in the settings and set them to play 1 every time, but so far nothing. What obvious thing am I missing?
WolfLord Wrote:I only just started using xbmc recently, but TV Time has turned it from something I like into something I love! It's great to just be able to "turn on the TV" and see what's on. Gotta say thanks for that.

I downloaded some of the bumps, but I can't seem to get them to work... I assume they only work for the network folder they're in, so "[adult swim]" folder meshses up with "[adult swim]" playlist, but I put them in a folder and added that folder in the settings and set them to play 1 every time, but so far nothing. What obvious thing am I missing?

Please download the latest version from GitHub. The latest version ends with d5d5659 in the download file.

The settings weren't quite correct for the bumpers and commercials. The latest version should make it more clear.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Each commercial is randomly selected from the commercials folder each time. If duration cannot be determined, then commercial is not used. TV Time will keep trying to find a valid commercials file up to 100 times. If it cannot, then no commercial is added.

So what is the limiting factor for xbmc and tv time to find duration for a file? Are there file formats/codecs we should avoid?
fobizzle Wrote:So what is the limiting factor for xbmc and tv time to find duration for a file? Are there file formats/codecs we should avoid?

The TV Time/PseudoTV Parsers do not support FLV, MOV and MPG formats at this time.

If these files are part of your XBMC library, you can setup a playlist for them and then let XBMC scan them in to save their durations in XBMC. I created two you can use. Go to the link below. Download the two utility playlists and save them to your video playlists folder. Go to Videos. Make sure you are in Library mode. Select Playlists. Open each Playlist and scroll to the bottom of the list. Wait for XBMC to finish calculating the duration of the playlist. Repeat for the other playlist. Now XBMC should have the durations for those files stored in its database so the parsers won't need to be used for those files.

TV Time Google Docs
Version 1.0.16 is now available. I simplified the Commercials, Bumpers and Trailers feature. Also fixed an issue with the EPG when trailers were added. Also hopefully I made the Settings a little easier to understand.

Jason102 just release a test version of his latest PseudoTV. He's incorporated a pretty slick Channel Configuraiton tool into the settings. I am going to be looking at it to incorporate into TV Time and hopefully get rid of my channel management setup, but still provide all the flexibility. He also added some EPG performance improvements which I will incorporate. His version still doesn't support Commercials, Bumpers and Trailers nor the multi-TV Show channels by airdate nor the Auto-reset feature that TV Time does so there is still a niche for TV Time for those that like these features.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback and testing of this chop shop version.
Does any else have a problem with the script simply failing from the start? I've never been able to open it. I even tried to completely reinstall xbmc. I'd really appreciate any advice.
Hello,

David....

I haven't read of anyone else having a problem similar to yours. Could post a log to pastebin.com so those in the know could have a look at it to help you out?

Mark
So I have yet to have this carsh but the one time when it was my error ( see a few pages back ) but now I can not get .16 to load. I can see the config and version number but when i try to load the scrpit it just gives me the error: script failed tab and thats it. Rolled back to the previous version and no issues at all....

see below, thanks in advance, and HELP! Wink

Bob

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=nD6AAV1s
Trying to do a new install and I'm getting an error using .16 as well:

Code:
16:47:55 T:4004 M:1165479936  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:47:55 T:4004 M:1165463552   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.SyntaxError
16:47:55 T:4004 M:1165463552   ERROR: Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Users\\TV\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\jtucker1972-XBMC-TVTime-b9ac971\\resources\\lib\\Overlay.py', 34, 6, 'from \n'))
16:47:55 T:4004 M:1165447168   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\jtucker1972-XBMC-TVTime-b9ac971\default.py", line 40, in ?
                                                import resources.lib.Overlay as Overlay
                                              File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\jtucker1972-XBMC-TVTime-b9ac971\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 34
                                                from
                                                     ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax
I'll take a look. I must have broke the last update.
Hey I had the same problem with .16, I just opened "resources\lib\Overlay.py" and deleted line 34 which is just "from" and then it worked fine!

Still can't get any bumpers to play, don't know what I'm doing wrong. I assume it's random but I watched for an hour with nothing... Is there any way to check that it sees the bumpers and is going to try to use them, etc?

Also, is there a way to add a TV show into the mix? For some reason I don't seem to get American Dad! on any of my channels, not sure what's up but I'm totally a newb here so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong...

Anyway thanks again for this, aside from issues that are likely from my own ineptitude, it's really great!
@WolfLord, change the setting from Auto to 1. This should insert a bumper in between every show.

You can also open the m3u files in the cache folder to see which files were included.
I uploaded a fix to remove the line of code which was breaking it. To many different things going on at one time.
Wink 
Thank you!

Bob

"... racing with the wind, you're flirting with death. So have a cup of coffee and catch your breath"
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification0