• 14(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification
Quick update on upcoming additions based on Jason102's latest PseudoTV version. The upcoming version will include all the updates Jason added, plus the following:

1. I have folder based channels working
2. I have new PseudoTV channel configuration tool enhanced to support the unwatched, no specials and setting the number of episodes and movies for mixed genre channels.
3. Added an auto-tune feature where the script will automatically add the channels based on the data stored in XBMC.
4. Almost finished with adding the ability to create the channel updates in the background.
5. Commercials, Bumpers and Trailers is still supported.
6. Support for deeply nested mixed playlists is still supported.
7. Support for enhanced tvshow playlists (show each show by airdate and evenly distribute tvshows so you do not get multiple episodes of the same tv show.

I am hoping to have a preview release ready for this weekend if all goes well. I took the family for a 3-day road trip this weekend which held up finishing the updates this weekend.
That sounds awesome. Will these folder based channels work off of the file names?
I have a bunch of documentaries that I haven't been able to import into the xbmc library and would like to make a channel for them.
How are you doing background updating? I've thought about this a bit, but haven't come up with a reasonable solution.
does anyone know of a good place to find good classic or funny commercials?
You Tube?
Feature Request,

jtucker1972...I was wondering if you might be able to add a feature?

As it is now, it will update the playlists at a certain time and then start playling whatever channel you were last on.
Is there any way that this behaviour may also contain the ability to quit XBMC after the playlists have been updated?
I would love to be able to have TVTime update the playlist after I leave for work in the morning and then make XBMC quit so that my computers can go to sleep. This way they would be all ready for the evenings viewing when I got home for work.
So can this be added...pretty please?

Edit: Does TVTime need to actually be running in order for the automatic refresh to start?

Thanks,
Mark
Pete7 Wrote:That sounds awesome. Will these folder based channels work off of the file names?
I have a bunch of documentaries that I haven't been able to import into the xbmc library and would like to make a channel for them.

Yes. It will work off of file name. Based on how they are named, the script ca pull the title, showtitle and plot from the filename, e.g. Planet Earth_Mountains_Episode Plot Details.avi. This is an option if you want those details for the EPG. It will also support nfo and xml files created from different scrapers. I have support for XBMC nfo and Media Center Master xml files so far. Again, these are optional.
BEWBTUBE Wrote:does anyone know of a good place to find good classic or funny commercials?

I will post what I've found once I get the next version released.
Pete7 Wrote:You Tube?

I don't think the current XBMC player supports m3u files containing URLs so this would restrict true streaming from TV Time. I am exploring a "pseudo-live" channel which would work similar to the upcoming folder channels. Basically, the script would download the video files via the RSS feed details and keep x number of current files available. It would delete the older files so that the hard drive didn't get filled up. There are still some technical challenges I'd have to work through though. I need to learn more.
mwkurt Wrote:Feature Request,

jtucker1972...I was wondering if you might be able to add a feature?

As it is now, it will update the playlists at a certain time and then start playling whatever channel you were last on.
Is there any way that this behaviour may also contain the ability to quit XBMC after the playlists have been updated?
I would love to be able to have TVTime update the playlist after I leave for work in the morning and then make XBMC quit so that my computers can go to sleep. This way they would be all ready for the evenings viewing when I got home for work.
So can this be added...pretty please?

Edit: Does TVTime need to actually be running in order for the automatic refresh to start?

Thanks,
Mark

Yes. I could add it to the scheduled channel reset option. I'll have to add it and test.
this is just an awesome addon, i consider it better than the Pseudo TV addon.
isamu.dragon Wrote:this is just an awesome addon, i consider it better than the Pseudo TV addon.

It's not about being better. It's about taking the great add-on that Jason102 created and contributing back by seeing what other functionality I can add to it. I like to push the limit, experiment and learn. In doing so, I have to restructure things where it wouldn't be compatible with the PseudoTV version, hence why there is a separate TV Time version.

I appreciate your support. It just makes me uncomfortable when I read comparisons saying one is better than the other. They can both be appreciated for what they are and the goals behind them.
Nice Work! My wife was so impressed that she gave me a BJ right there on the spot!
Great job! Extremely impressed. By the way, did you know that osd work in pseudo tv? Hope it gets to tv time asap. Proper movie schedule would be nice.
I'm loving this on my main HTPC but I'm having trouble getting it going on my sons ATV2... I even went as far as re-jailbreaking and installing XBMC from scratch. The problem I am having is that it is only bring over shows that I've physically gone in and played, or at least started playing. I've tested it a few times and it only seems to pull over videos that I've started... Any ideas what could be causing it?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification0