• 1(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification
Please go to current thread at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100300
Omg i love you thank you my wife will be so super stocked!!!!
Star 
Just tried Pseudo TV for the fun of it.. and was pleasantly rewarded... then I gave TV times a shot and like it even better. Minor issues which if addressed would make me like it even more.

I find the large blue title font is clipped at the bottom.. do I need to install a special font?

The Banner at the top still has the title Pseudo TV and it takes up over 20% of the guide space.

With a full sized screen, I only get 5 rows of channels listed, is this normal?

Colour logo's would be nice... is there a place to put them? Wide Banners?

I'm an RF mouser and manipulate XBMC with Transparency! and my RF mouse, works very well but I find no way of getting the guide up.

I'd like to see small shorts included to allow a kitchen break while others are entertained.

I noticed the highlight focus channel colour is grey, any chance of something a bit more highlite.

All in all, this really brings my dusty collection back to life and for most people would allow them to cut their cable TV bill entirely.
PatK Wrote:The Banner at the top still has the title Pseudo TV and it takes up over 20% of the guide space.

With !T? I made that skin for pseudoTV. I'll update if Jtucker for TVtime soon.

I agree, the title is too big. It's something I changed in my version, but never uploaded it because it was so minor.
Nothing to see here....
Plug in just hangs for me at 25%. Here's my debug. Here
Nothing to see here....
Any chance on adding something like the "Live Streams" addon?
Nice work, but how come this new plugin was created rather than helping with the pseudo TV plugin?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
zepfan Wrote:Plug in just hangs for me at 25%. Here's my debug. Here

same issue for me too Sad
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
ghostelement Wrote:Nice work, but how come this new plugin was created rather than helping with the pseudo TV plugin?

Jason102 and me had design differences in how we wanted the preconfigured ("preset") channels to work. It wasn't something that could be resolved. Two different approaches.
FishOil Wrote:Any chance on adding something like the "Live Streams" addon?

No. This uses PseudoTV core which is based on playlists. The playlists then return a set of files which are used to create the m3u files which is what plays for each channel. Until there is a method to generate a m3u file based on a live stream, the answer will be no from a technical perspective.
zepfan Wrote:With !T? I made that skin for pseudoTV. I'll update if Jtucker for TVtime soon.

I agree, the title is too big. It's something I changed in my version, but never uploaded it because it was so minor.

Zep, I am using Jason102 core code, so the skins should have not been impacted. The EPG is unchanged.
PatK Wrote:Just tried Pseudo TV for the fun of it.. and was pleasantly rewarded... then I gave TV times a shot and like it even better. Minor issues which if addressed would make me like it even more.

I find the large blue title font is clipped at the bottom.. do I need to install a special font?

The Banner at the top still has the title Pseudo TV and it takes up over 20% of the guide space.

With a full sized screen, I only get 5 rows of channels listed, is this normal?

Colour logo's would be nice... is there a place to put them? Wide Banners?

I'm an RF mouser and manipulate XBMC with Transparency! and my RF mouse, works very well but I find no way of getting the guide up.

I'd like to see small shorts included to allow a kitchen break while others are entertained.

I noticed the highlight focus channel colour is grey, any chance of something a bit more highlite.

All in all, this really brings my dusty collection back to life and for most people would allow them to cut their cable TV bill entirely.

Most of these are skin related. I believe zepfan has already jumped in to respond to those.

As for the mouse only support, look into custom mapping the buttons. Enter brings up the EPG. Esc closes it. "x" exits TV Time. This isn't supported natively in XBMC, but their are third-party tools which can help.

See this thread
zepfan Wrote:Plug in just hangs for me at 25%. Here's my debug. Here

zepfan, did you capture this log before or after you closed XBMC? The reason I ask, is that I've noticed that if there is an error, sometimes XBMC doesn't log it until it XBMC closes. Wait a few seconds for XBMC to complete the write to the log. The log attached didn't capture any errors. In fact, I am not even seeing where it started to build the channels.

I still believe I know where the problem is at, just not sure exactly what is causing it. It is stopping at importing your existing custom playlists. I will retest on my side, but I may need to get a copy of your existing channels to work with to replicate the issue. I will send you a PM.
I posted an update to TV Time which adds some additional debugging output to help identify the issue you are seeing while trying to import your custom channels.
jtucker1972,

Do we need to uninstall PseudoTV to install this one? Will there be any conflicts?

Thanks,
Mark
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification0