[AppleTv2] Cannot connect to xbmv via SMB
OSX 10.6.6
ATV2 running 4.2.1

This seems like it should be a simple problem, but after (what seems like) endless hours of searching google and this forum i am still stuck. I am trying to add video sources via the windows network SMB but i keep getting an error message that says share not available. When i use the zeroconf Browser i have no problem finding my MacBook Pro (SAMBA) and setting it up that way, but any time i disconnect my laptop i get a new local IP and therefore lose the video source. Which makes me think that i have atleast most of the correct settings on my macbook.

My sister had her ipod connected to the same wireless network and if i tried to browse for SMB networks then her Ipod would show up, but the files contained within were all the shared files located on my macbook pro. I feel like this has something to do with the solution, but I cant figure out what

Help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you need anymore information
B4CKlash Wrote:OSX 10.6.6
ATV2 running 4.2.1

This seems like it should be a simple problem, but after (what seems like) endless hours of searching google and this forum i am still stuck. I am trying to add video sources via the windows network SMB but i keep getting an error message that says share not available. When i use the zeroconf Browser i have no problem finding my MacBook Pro (SAMBA) and setting it up that way, but any time i disconnect my laptop i get a new local IP and therefore lose the video source. Which makes me think that i have atleast most of the correct settings on my macbook.

My sister had her ipod connected to the same wireless network and if i tried to browse for SMB networks then her Ipod would show up, but the files contained within were all the shared files located on my macbook pro. I feel like this has something to do with the solution, but I cant figure out what

Help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you need anymore information

if the issue is your laptop is always assigned a new IP address within the network, you need to go into your router and configure it to assign IPs based on mac address (static DHCP or reserved DHCP are two phrases to look for to identify this function)
Watch the following video on how to set up your mac and share via the smb protocol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5dKBPnu3c
Thanks, it took a combination of your two responses, but i think i finally got it working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTv2] Cannot connect to xbmv via SMB0