"trailermatching" issue
Question 
I'm currently using a server to serve content to both my Networked Media Tank & AppleTV (with XBMC on it). I've been running YAMJ for almost two years now, so all of my movie files conform to YAMJ file structure. The structure is as follows:

Code:
Movies
    Movie 1
    Movie 2
    Movie 3
        Movie 3.avi
        Movie 3.jpg (the poster/thumb)
        Movie 3.fanart.jpg
        Movie 3.[TRAILER].avi
        Movie 3.nfo (An XBMC-friendly XML document created by YANFOE)

So, to keep the current file structure, I decided to try the "trailermatching" in the advanced settings. This snippet is from the XBMC log:

Code:
NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <trailermatching>
                                                <regexp>(.*?)(\.Trailer)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
                                              </trailermatching>
                                            </advancedsettings>

Before I implemented the regular expression, trailers were being read as separate movies by XBMC. I implemented the regex above, and the trailers were not read as separate movies, however they were not attributed to the corresponding movies. In fact, I noticed that the trailers were nowhere to be found.

In order to debug this, I created a directory called "Movies-Temp" with one movie in it. I added the source to XBMC, enabled XBMC debug mode & restarted the ATV2. I update the library, review the log & see the following:

Code:
DEBUG: ExcludeFileOrFolder: File 'smb://192.168.1.25/1/Movies-Temp/Avatar/Avatar.Trailer.mp4' excluded. (Matches exclude rule RegExp:'(.*?)(\.Trailer)(\.[^.]+)$')

I did not have that regular expression set to exclude the file; the regular expression was set for trailer matching.

I tried adding the same regular expression as an "excludefromscan" in addition to the "trailermatching" regular expression to test if I needed that before the trailer can be matched. I used this regular expression (snippet from XBMC log):

Code:
NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <excludefromscan>
                                              </excludefromscan>
                                              <trailermatching>
                                              </trailermatching>
                                            </advancedsettings>

Is there something I'm missing/forgetting?
Hi there!

I have somewhat a similar issue. I would like to use trailers from within a "trailer" directory. And I don't want to put every movie in a new directory. Reason is I want to use my movie library with a WDTV parallel to the XBMC installation.

My structure is like this:

Movie/
---Movie1.avi
---Movie2.avi
---Movie3.avi
---Movie4.avi

---Trailers/
------Movie1-trailer.avi
------Movie2-trailer.avi
------Movie3-trailer.avi

and so on.

Does anyone have a hint which regexp I could use for trailermatching?

I thought it should be something like:

<regexp>(Trailer/)(.*?)(-trailer)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>

But this won't work.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Running on a windows system I also tried

<regexp>(Trailer\/)(.*?)(-trailer)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>

and

<regexp>(Trailer\\)(.*?)(-trailer)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>

(need to escape the '\' I think)

but it still won't find the trailers in my trailers-folder...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"trailermatching" issue0