Can't get Nexus One to connection
Hi,

I'm having a really hard time trying to get the remote to work.

I'm running a Nexus One phone, with Gingerbread. Installed the latest official remote software and am running XBMC 10.1 on Windows 7.

I followed the installation instruction that are shown in the pictures. I cannot get the remote software to connect. It just keeps coming up with Socket Timeout.

My router is a Linksys WRT300N and my PC is hard wired to the router.
If I go to the website
http://192.168.1.100:8081/xbmcCmds/xbmcH...fo(120;121)
It comes up as expected with
10.1 Git:e9e9099
Mar 8 2011

When I try this from my phone (I am using WiFi) I get Web page not available message.

I'm tried this with port 80, 8080 and 8081. Same results each time. I have tried resetting my router to factory defaults and I have powered it off and on with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks..

PS. I am running Comodo for a firewall but disabling it doesn't make any difference. I have windows firewall switched off also.
After lots of tinkering I came the conclusion that my router was not working as it should. I have some IP Cameras that stopped working for no reason a while back and I've not looked into why but suspected the router might be at fault. I've never been happy with it. Anyway, I bought a new d-link 815 router and it worked immediately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get Nexus One to connection0