[ipad] tv-out for xbmc
Hello! I have xbmc on the iPad and I can see the movie perfectly, but, Is there any way to watch movies by connecting the iPad on a television with the Apple Composite cable? I can not find the TV output option. Can you implement it in the next version? I think for people who use xmbc the iPad would be a good option and very useful. Thanks for yogur help
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ipad+tvout+appstore
that google search doesn't provide any relavent information to the inquiry.

XBMC does not support outputing from the app.

I use a jail break app called displayout(cost $$) that mirrors your display to the tv.
I have used this applicication to mirror xbmc to out to tv.

I have used the new hdmi adapter with audio, vga and composite cables. I donated a 100$ to xbmc requesting they get the ios developers some of these new hdmi adapters to add better support for them.

I have outputed with iphone4 and ipad. I never actually tested composite out on my 3gs but I am pretty sure display out will mirror it. 3gs is not compatible with the vga or hdmi adapters though.
BlueCop Wrote:that google search doesn't provide any relavent information to the inquiry.

Mhhh ... appstore should check for missleading app descriptions ... however ... just decrement my point account Wink
get displayout from cydia isnt free though
BlueCop Wrote:I have used the new hdmi adapter with audio, vga and composite cables.

Could you tell me where you purchased the HDMI adapter and maybe a model number?

Thanks
I tried displayout and works fine. Thanks
rogue26: I ordered mine from the apple store when they became available with ipad2 launch. I am not sure where all they are available.
kirshley Wrote:I tried displayout and works fine. Thanks

I also played around with DisplayOut and both xvids and .mkv 720p did play on tv though XBMC, but both files did flicker/stutter a bit! So to my experiance it was not smooth as we know it from mp4 apple format encoded though HANDBRAKE and played though Apple player!

I also looked at cineplayer, oplayer etc. and all gave same results, a slightly bit of flickering/stuttering!

It might just be my ipad1 during strange stuff!

KBN
I would to see xbmc natively do HDMI or TV out as well.

Any more input as to how optimize performance with xbmc and displayout?
Why was this moved to Off-Topic? Native video out will be an XBMC app specific issue, and necessary to use the HDMI output cable at full possible resolution (720 for ipad1/iphone4/ipod4 and 1080 for ipad2).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ipad] tv-out for xbmc0