Batch re-read NFO files without losing watched etc.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
LoL Offline
ok interesting, its a start, going to try!
find quote
LoL Offline
OK tested it:

...it does screw up the latest added information... and that's the most important to me

There should be a function that ONLY re-reads info files, WITHOUT changing latest added/playcount/watched status etc

Hope it gets added on someones to-do-list Smile

No hurry, thx!
find quote
Montellese Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
The screw-up of recently added will not happen anymore once my "dateAdded" stuff goes into XBMC after Eden has been released. It will also be stored in file level (same as playcount) so you more or less might get the requested behaviour as described by jmarshall once that extra logic for date added is stored/handled.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

[Image: badge.gif]
find quote
LoL Offline
Montellese Wrote:The screw-up of recently added will not happen anymore once my "dateAdded" stuff goes into XBMC after Eden has been released. It will also be stored in file level (same as playcount) so you more or less might get the requested behaviour as described by jmarshall once that extra logic for date added is stored/handled.

Well that sounds promising! You're way ahead of us Wink Thx!

Single-press re-read would be the next step..

Thx again, LoL
find quote
NEOhidra Offline
+2
Would be very happy to have a "Reread whole library"
find quote
millercentral Offline
Yes, a single option "Refresh Library" that updates the library by reading all the updated NFO content, that is available both in the UI, and also via the HTTP JSON interfaces would be very very welcome.
find quote
JustinAiken Offline
Fan
Even better would be if it actively watched directories, and whenever an .nfo changed updated automatically... or a "Refresh updated library" option that only refreshes the items where the .nfo has been modified since last read.

XBMC: Frodo 12.2, with Transparency!
17.5 TB Unraid Server: 2500 movies, 8800 episodes of TV Apps: SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, mySQL
HTPC: Win8 (cause Steam), i7 920, ATI 6850 OC
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
find quote
jmarshall Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
@Phantom_Zone: You missunderstood: My point was it has nothing at all to do with mysql. Regardless of whether you're using mysql or sqlite, XBMC ensures that your playcount is not erased during the db cleaning of a source done as described in my post above. Obviously that information is kept in the db.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

[Image: badge.gif]
find quote
deh2k7 Offline
Donor
This would be great!
find quote
Phantom_Zone Offline
Donor
jmarshall Wrote:@Phantom_Zone: You missunderstood: My point was it has nothing at all to do with mysql. Regardless of whether you're using mysql or sqlite, XBMC ensures that your playcount is not erased during the db cleaning of a source done as described in my post above. Obviously that information is kept in the db.

Cheers,
Jonathan

yea I did...it was late Rofl

Cheers!
find quote
steve1977 Offline
Posting Freak
This sounds very promising. If I read it right, it is already possible to update all movies with keeping the watched-tags through a few clicks. A simple script should allow to automate it?

Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 12 GB DDR3 | 256 GB SSD, 40 TB (1 x 4 TB, 6 x 3TB, 9 x 2 TB)
HTPC 1: Apple Mac Mini (mid-2011) | Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz | 4GB DDR3 | 500 GB
HTPC 2: Apple Mac Mini (mid-2007) | Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz | 4 GB DDR2 | 16 GB SSD
find quote
KidKiwi Offline
Posting Freak
LoL Wrote:Single-press re-read would be the next step..

Yep...this one!

ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD
find quote
jackhulk Offline
Signed! Would love to see this much needed feature pleeeease.
find quote
n17r0us Offline
Oh man, I just reached a point where having this feature would rock so hard. Hope someone smarter than I can come up with this solution.
find quote
jetskijoe Offline
(2012-03-06 23:51)clock2113 Wrote:  Even better would be if it actively watched directories, and whenever an .nfo changed updated automatically... or a "Refresh updated library" option that only refreshes the items where the .nfo has been modified since last read.

This sounds like a great idea. I try to keep everything updated with the latest ratings and info.
find quote