Batch re-read NFO files without losing watched etc.
I'll add my tuppence! It would really be great to have this feature added soon!
+1 for this feature
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Really jmarshall's workaround on page 2 works well for this and is pretty easy already - just once per source type of thing. And the nightles with dateadded are much nicer in this regard too.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
+1 for the this feature
+1 here as well, would love to see this as I don't currently retain watched status with my nfo generation tool, so i rely on xbmc to retain that.
I have a script I wrote that reads all the NFOs and updates other information like updated plots/ratings/votes/watched
status w/o having to mess w/ sources/content in XBMC and directly updates the table(s) in mySQL. I also keep the watched status in NFOs just so if they are lost at least I have a master record via the NFOs. And this way wouldnt mess w/ 'dateadded' from really rescanning, but yes if this was natively in XBMC that'd be nice....
This was mainly written to preserve watched status, but I started to hate seeing stuff rated 10 after just 5 votes...etc...but works like a charm.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
(2012-09-13, 21:25)transcender Wrote: I have a script I wrote that reads all the NFOs and updates other information like updated plots/ratings/votes/watched
status w/o having to mess w/ sources/content in XBMC and directly updates the table(s) in mySQL. I also keep the watched status in NFOs just so if they are lost at least I have a master record via the NFOs. And this way wouldnt mess w/ 'dateadded' from really rescanning, but yes if this was natively in XBMC that'd be nice....
This was mainly written to preserve watched status, but I started to hate seeing stuff rated 10 after just 5 votes...etc...but works like a charm.

Any chance to share that script with us? Sounds very interesting...

Thank you!
this feature is really important! +1
I'd also like this feature - occasionally links to trailers break, IMDB vote counts change, I add ratings to movies I've watched, etc. Would be great for XBMC to simply know which NFO files changed and refresh only these NFOs instead of having to do manually or across the entire drive.
I think this feature is not just useful but essential. I constantly add content-related information to my nfo files, and I too have found out that having to invoke the library update/rescan/refresh function doesn't do the job as fast as it should. Especially considering that once you are in the process of editing, the best ideas creep to mind long after you have committed them to paper.

If this feature ---I suppose we are talking about a script--- could not be implemented, and one was forced to look for a second best, what I would forward to would be a built-in database editor (SQL editor), invokable from the context menu.

Or, perhaps, transcender could share his script with us? Blush
Using skins: customized Xonfluence, Unity, Amber, Estuary.
I would +1 love to see a feature that:
1. When watched a movie/episode on XBMC automaticly writes the <playcount>1</playcount> tag into the nfo file.
2. Keeps watching the nfo file and when changed updates the movie info.

XBMC is not the only media-player I use, and I would love to be able to keep a track of what I watch outside XBMC. For tagging in windows I made this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149709
but it is pretty useless without the above features.
I second.
I updated my script so that it will also update the XBMC database.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149709

I'm also working on a script that will sync the watched status from and to the XBMC database.
+1 I need this as well as I'm adding tags and other stuff to my NFOs
has a way to do this been found yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Batch re-read NFO files without losing watched etc.3