XBMC Skipping and Losing Network Drive
Hi all -- I'm currently having 2 issues. First, I use a Logitech Harmony remote 99% of the time, but also have a wireless mouse close by for all other tasks with the computer. Sometimes if the mouse gets left on the couch and somebody sits down while a movie/show is playing, it moves a little and the bottom navigation menu appears. Most of the time, it just fades away after a few seconds and everything is fine, but maybe 30% of the time, as soon as it fades away, the video skips back, as if I hit the left direction arrow. There is definitely no accidental touch or keypress... we will just be sitting there, and as soon as the nav overlay goes away XMBC jumps. Any ideas?

Second, my library is stored on my primary HTPC. My wife and I also have XBMC installed on a laptop in our bedroom which points to the shared HTPC drive for the library. A lot of times at first launch, I can browse through my whole library on the laptop, and when I select a show to watch, it says that the file is no longer available in my library and asks if I want to remove it. If I close XBMC, open a windows explorer window and browse to the shared drive, then re-open XBMC, everything works fine. Is there any way to fix this so I don't have to access the share through Windows before using XBMC?
It seems that XBMC can not open the network drive propaly. If the network drive already accessed in windows then it is no problem. Anyone who can confirm this or is this a setting problem of me?
onoort Wrote:It seems that XBMC can not open the network drive propaly. If the network drive already accessed in windows then it is no problem. Anyone who can confirm this or is this a setting problem of me?

I have kind of seen the same problem with my NAS drives. I suspect the problem to be if/when the NAS HDD´s spins down and system goes to idle. Have you tried to map the drives in Windows and select your folders from that ?
In regards to issue 2:
As far as I know there is no solution. For some people a solution was to setup a static ip address. This did not work for me. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZanQD-wG8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skipping and Losing Network Drive0