• 28(current)
[RELEASE] World News Live (Al Jazeera, CSPAN, CNN)
BBC World News should be available again.
should this be working with Kodi alpha3? I do not find "World News Live" under Video Add-ons.

Is there anything from preventing this add-on being added to the default XBMC add-on repo? Would be great if it would be available there for easy-install: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Submitting_Add-ons
@Syncopation

Sure, it's working. This add-on is not available because I'm not interested, adding to official XBMC add-on repo. Maybe k3oni is. You need to install one of the mentioned repositories (top on post #1).
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
I imagine most users don't use but a fraction of the links, could you build a link selection into the configuration like US TV VOD does?
Great add-on, thanks for all your hard work.

Is it possible to add i24 news (English feed) to the list of channels?

http://www.i24news.tv/en/

Thanks.
@Kartic - A i24 news english feed is already included in the list of streams.
The last week or so i've been having trouble with BBC World News. I'll start the stream and only have audio. But then if i reboot and play i 'sometimes' then get the picture until i stop the stream and start it again and its back to audio only. Anyone know how i might fix this?

Also, i get the opposite problem with CNN, i get video but no audio and BBC News doesnt appear to be working at all. Is that for everyone or just my setup?
(2014-09-11, 01:22)Farquea Wrote: The last week or so i've been having trouble with BBC World News. I'll start the stream and only have audio. But then if i reboot and play i 'sometimes' then get the picture until i stop the stream and start it again and its back to audio only. Anyone know how i might fix this?

Also, i get the opposite problem with CNN, i get video but no audio and BBC News doesnt appear to be working at all. Is that for everyone or just my setup?

Same here, BBC News doesn't even seem to try to load, and CNN has video but no audio.
BBC World works for me, but BBC News and Reuters doesn't.
CNN is working for me today, but it seems OpenElec is still havingt an issue with it though.

My Raspberry Pis start to play it and freeze after a bit.

I loaded an old PC running an Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard up with Win 7 and it plays CNN just fine. I loaded the same machine with OpenElec and it exhibits the same behavior as the Pis - starts to play and then freezes up.

It'd be really nice if we could turn channels off in the configuration menu like you can in USTV VOD.

I've edited the channels.py file to just display what I want, but it gets overwritten with updates, it'd be nice to be able to stay up to date and have the option of only displaying the channels you're interested in.
@SLR65

1. Codec problem!
2. At the end of the year there will be an updated rewritten add-on, except k3oni is faster.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
With no offence to the coders and for the work done with this addon but I noticed that a ton of users are writing "great addon", "great this, great that, all great" but once installed most channels do not work, the most important ones anyway. So what is it so great about itHuh
Is the fact the addon is updated like once at every few years or am I missing something here?

To me it seems just logical that once you release something to the others, it must be that thing called responsibility to update it or to keep it work as projected. If there is no time for such work, then just declare it that is not supported anymore and most importantly take it out of the "official addon" list. It is just common sense.
(2014-09-16, 01:01)DigitALL Wrote: With no offence to the coders and for the work done with this addon but I noticed that a ton of users are writing "great addon", "great this, great that, all great" but once installed most channels do not work, the most important ones anyway. So what is it so great about itHuh
Is the fact the addon is updated like once at every few years or am I missing something here?

To me it seems just logical that once you release something to the others, it must be that thing called responsibility to update it or to keep it work as projected. If there is no time for such work, then just declare it that is not supported anymore and most importantly take it out of the "official addon" list. It is just common sense.

First, this add-on is not in the list of official add-ons or official repo.

Second, it gets updates every other week or two or when there are issues. I'm sorry for not sitting in front of the TV every day and going through all the channels but i have better things to do between work, family, house work, you know personal stuff. I didn't used it to watch any news in at least 6 months but still try to use some of my free time to keep it updated.

Third, it's a free add-on supported by free work when free time is available, join me and start pushing changes to it and updating it. Source is on github so please feel free and start helping supporting this add-on.

No offense but you don't have to use it, it's not in the official repo for a reason. If you use it you can at least say something when you see a channel not working, you know i use my time to update it, you use your time to bring an issue up.
Dear K3oni - just ignore haters like this - most of us have been using you addon for a long time, and a very happy!

THANKS for all your hard work, and THANKS to MoneyMaker too! NodNod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Dear K3oni - I am new to this. Could you provide the direct download link to the zip file? Reason is that while I've downloaded the zip file to my computer, I'm not able to upload it to my android media player. A direct link would allow me to just download from within XBMC. thank you.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] World News Live (Al Jazeera, CSPAN, CNN)6