TrueHD PCM problem
Hey guys,

I've searched and haven't been able to come up with a solution.

Ive pretty much had this problem for the last year, and haven't been able to fix it. I was hoping it would be fixed in dharma.

The problem is when im trying to play my bluray rips (m2ts).

Now the rips with DTS-HD obviously pass through the DTS core fine onto the reciever, and i get the 5.1 speakers, and it all works fine.

My problem is with TrueHD, and 5.1 PCM. I've read up and they should be supported and passed through.

Blu-ray with TrueHD track:
This is sent as 2-channel PCM, only the Left and Right are audible and mapped directly, no center channel therefore no dialog is audible

Blu-ray with native 5.1 PCM track:
This is sent as 2-channel PCM, only the Left and Right are audible and mapped directly, no center channel therefore no dialog is audible.

I have a Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver, so, it can take pretty much whatever i throw at it. So it would seem like its an XBMC issue.

I don't know where to go from here, so, if anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Oh, and i forgot to mention, im running XBMC Live on a Zotac Mag ION.
Sorry i realised i posted completely wrong. So i will add some extra details to the post.

Im running Ubuntu 10.10, which was updated about a week ago.
XBMC Live is 10.1, which was updated about a week ago, not sure of the SVN
The skin i am running is Aeon MQ2 Version 2.7.1 Revision 103
I am running it on a Zotac Mag Ion, via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V3900 Reciever

And here is my debug log, which will also show crashes when trying to run some TrueHD sources (but that could also be a skin problem)

Debug Log

Thanks once again, and sorry for the first post which should of contained this info.
Hi,

It looks like you are on the nvidia 190 driver, you must update to at least 256 to fix the 5.1 pcm audio. Once you have upgraded your driver, you need to install 2 files.

Quote:sudo wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f5f9654bb -O /etc/asound.conf

sudo wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f2e38265 -O /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf

After a reboot it should work.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Is there a simple way of updating the nvidia drivers at all?
What are you running? ubuntu desktop?
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
Ubuntu Minimal.

So i SSH into the console to modify it.
Try this guide, use steps 7,9 and 11.

cheers
Scratch that, dont do step 9, use the links i posted in this thread instead

cheers
man, you are a legend!

Its working now! Only took me about a year to fix that problem. hah.

Really appreciate it.

I then had a problem with the skin not being 1080, so i used step 8 in the link you posted

sudo wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=6K3XjdUS -O /etc/X11/xorg.conf

now xbmc wont boot, and just boots into the shell. hah. cant win!

Edit: deleted xorg.conf, and renamed xorg.conf.backup to xorg.conf, has fixed the problem of not booting.

Thanks once again!
No problem mate, glad its working. If you want 1080p output try adding the line

Modes "1920x1080"

to the screen section of xorg.conf

It will look something like this

Code:
Section "Screen"
    Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
    Option         "HWCursor" "Off"
    Identifier      "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    Option         "DynamicTwinView" "False"
    SubSection   "Display"
        Depth       24
        [b]Modes     "1920x1080"[/b]
    EndSubSection
EndSection

save then

Code:
killall xinit

cheers
Now, after thats been fixed, it now crashes with trying to play TrueHD

and its intermittent, more failure than playing though. The reciever flashes up PCM and all the channels are present, and then xbmc crashes.

here is my debug log.

Debug
Try disabling sync playback to display and see if it helps.

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrueHD PCM problem0