[win7] Features broken with Smart Playlists?
Ok, here's my situation.

I've got a smart playlist that I use to split up my movie collection, so its either in Movies1 or Movies2 rather than all in "Movies" (default).

#1) Without playlist, when they go all in Movies, I used to have the option to sort by DATE ADDED. This was fantastic, as the new movies I add would pop up at the top of the library (or bottom depending on sorting order).

it now seems that since I use Playlists to view my split archive, this option isnt available simply via clicking on the left panel? Is there anything I can change in some XML file to get sorting by date added back??

#2) Is it possible to use a diff view per playlist?
ie: I'd like to use PosterWrap view for Movies1, but MediaInfo2 for Movies2?

Same prob with TvShows, I have 3 playlists, 1/2/3. I'd like diff views on each.

The good thing is that atleast the TVshow view is independant of the movieshow view, so even though I can have one view on tvshow, and another on movies, the same view has to apply to all tv shows or all movies.

Any way to make them all independant?
No1 has found a workaround for this yet?
As far as I know you can't set different views for playlists. Why are you separating things like that? It doesn't seem to make much sense.
YodaEXE Wrote:As far as I know you can't set different views for playlists. Why are you separating things like that? It doesn't seem to make much sense.

I have a Movie Collection, and I have a normal movies folder of unseen movies. If the movie passes my standards, it gets moved to Collection, if not, it goes to the trash can. 99.99% of movies go to the trash can.

I prefer to have my Movies folder sorted by Date added, so I can watch from oldest movie in my library.

Can anyone else confirm that there's absolutely no way to get different views in playlist?

It just doesn't make sense to remove a Sorting criteria for playlists (date added) that was there and working fine in library mode... Sad
hello?
^ still need help on this, any mods that can sort the way I want?
No you cant have different views for playlist and no you cant sort them by date
>>X<<' Wrote:No you cant have different views for playlist and no you cant sort them by date

I know I cant sort them by date, which is why I'm asking why not if I can do it in the VIDEOS section of XBMC< why not the VIDEOS PLAYLIST?

It seems odd to remove features in 1 area that are there, is there a particular reason for disallowing sorting by DATE ADDED?
still lookin for some workaround for this...
nfusion2011- im sorry i don't have an answer for you, but i'm actually hoping to do exactly what you're doing (2 movie folders, one for my collection and one for "rentals").

how do you have your smart playlist setup? would you mind posting the xml?
Sure, but all it does it make my movie collection into two based on the folders...

xml file #1

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movie Coll.</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">Movie Collection</rule>
<order direction="ascending">title</order>
</smartplaylist>

xml file #2
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movies 2See</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">Movies To Watch</rule>
<order direction="ascending">title</order>
</smartplaylist>
2 and a half months, and no fix for this bug or a workaround ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I don't believe smart playlists have ever sorted by date so its not a bug and doesn't require a fix, unless you actually ask for it then its not going to happen

I would like to see this feature but I imagine if something that obvious is missing from playlists when it exists everywhere else then it must be for a very good reason maybe its not that easy to add currently, looking at the db with my limited knowledge it doesn't even store dates its done differently than that

Throwing your toys out the pram isn't going to get it added any quicker Confused
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[win7] Features broken with Smart Playlists?0