Saphire Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3 Help!
Last night I received my Saphire Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card and installed into my HTPC. I set the color space for 16-235 and not 0-255 like I used to have with the intel i3 HD Graphics.. Also set it to YcBcR 4:4:4 instead of RGB. If I am honest with you the colors do not pop as much as they used to when using RGB with the intel i3 HD Graphics .. Can anyone please give me any tips on how to make this better? I thought that Component was better for videos? On the Epson TW3200 menu info it actually says Component, 12 Bit Color etc.. It actually makes the 1080p .mkv files look a little washed out? Any help will be much appreciated ..

Many Thanks.
mkohman Wrote:I thought that Component was better for videos?

Order of connections from best to worst:

1. HDMI
2. DVI
3. VGA
4. Component
5. Composite

As a general rule I would agree with that order - but I think you have to always look at the individual case to say for sure.

Ive seen some older display setups where component was clearly the best, likely due to a combo of excellent image processing in the source device sending the component signal, and probably some tried and true circuitry handling it in the display device. I've found that sometimes older displays, and sometimes even newer "budget" displays, can really barf out a disgusting image when processing the hdmi signal.
Yeah, I should have said: "On a TV where all inputs are scaled the same."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saphire Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3 Help!0