• 4(current)
Release The Big Pictures
I requested a pull for a new version.

Changelog (dharma 1.5.2->1.5.3, eden-pre 2.0.2->2.0.3):
  • Added: New Scraper "TotallyCoolPix.com"
  • Added: New Scraper "Time.com: LightBox - Closeup"
  • Changed: How using 'keep' as default aspect-ratio (press 0 or set in settings to change)
  • Fixed: html codes in title from some "Atlantic in focus" albums
  • Changed: The spinning loading animation logic
  • Fixed: ATV2-Remote Keymaps

Please be patient until the pull is accepted and the mirrors are updated.

enjoy,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I'm getting update failed for this add-on.
no improvement whatsoever Sad

"Menu" still quits to XBMC, can't see the "change" in logic too. Some pictures get downloaded only partially.
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
this addon it's AMAZING

thank for all your job
dieselboy27 Wrote:I'm getting update failed for this add-on.
Please try to uninstall and do a fresh install via the official addon repo.

macf1an Wrote:no improvement whatsoever Sad

"Menu" still quits to XBMC, can't see the "change" in logic too. Some pictures get downloaded only partially.
Hm, that's bads news. Are you in the IRC sometimes? maybe we can find a time to chat about that, please write me a PM or just query me "sphere`" on IRC today.

nanny07 Wrote:this addon it's AMAZING
Thanks - you could try my other addons *g*

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
semi-good news Smile I deleted the folder and the addon settings and installed fresh from the repo - "Menu" does go back to the first screen! Yeah! And no pictures half-loading too..

IRC? That's so 15 years ago for me Big Grin Can't get the "change" in logic though. Have you considered ditching the black loading screen and simply overlaying the animation over the current image while the next is loading?
macf1an Wrote:semi-good news Smile I deleted the folder and the addon settings and installed fresh from the repo - "Menu" does go back to the first screen! Yeah! And no pictures half-loading too..
Nice to hear Smile

macf1an Wrote:Can't get the "change" in logic though. Have you considered ditching the black loading screen and simply overlaying the animation over the current image while the next is loading?
Hm? Im not sure that I understand you, can you in explain in more words? Smile

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
currently there's black background showing when the animation is spinning... what I said is that you could overlay the circle on the current picture and transition to the new one sans the black stuff
Hi,

I have a new version ready for testing.

This is a complete rewrite of the complete addon (addon-code, script, skin, scrapers, ...). So please give me feedback if all works as it should - there could be some bugs...

The most important new feature is the always wanted SLIDESHOW Nod Mode! And in slideshow mode there is also zooming (via number-keys) possible.

To start a slideshow just press play ('p' on keyboard) and the slideshow will start. To get this working I had to rewrite the addon to be able to additional act as a plugin. This makes it also possible to use The Big Pictures as source for the built in slideshow screensaver (unfortunately it is not possible to set an image-plugin as source - but you can do it manually by editing the "path" var in the settings.xml of the screensaver, more later). For best experience you have to enable "pan and zoom effect" in the xbmc picture settings.

Next thing you will notice is the completely new cache method, the addon now stores all photo sets and albums in a dedicated json cache-file. The album cache holds the list of albums for 1 hour and the photo sets are persistent cached.

I also rewrote the help-function. You will now see the help-screen on every addon start (solved via addon-settings-dialog) - until you set "don't show the help again".

The skin-file is also rewritten and the addon should now have a smoother scrolling.

Another logic improvement some of you asked for works now: When going back from a photoset to the albums list you will be redirected to the parent album and not the first one.

You can download the new version for eden here: https://github.com/downloads/dersphere/s....0.0-2.zip

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
let's begin: wrong zip structure Smile
macf1an Wrote:let's begin: wrong zip structure Smile

damn, thx Wink

typo in my release-script. Please re-download using link https://github.com/downloads/dersphere/s....0.0-2.zip (I also updated my above post)

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I had troubles starting it for the first time. It showed the settings screen, I confirmed it and the animation just kept on looping for a while.. then I exited - started it again and it was OK.
When starting a slideshow - a short black blink is seen.
After exiting a slideshow - the settings screen is shown.

I see you've disabled the image information in slideshow..I wouldn't hurt to have it after pressing something.

It's great being able to finally use the aspect switch on remote-controlled XBMC setups!

A little warning that the album will be downloaded would be nice Smile

Otherwise - it's great..faster, more clever ..caching is nice!
I cached the first images on all sites, reentered the addon and tried scrolling fast up and down ... XBMC crashed Big Grin Just once though...
Great job! The effort has payed off!
macf1an Wrote:I had troubles starting it for the first time. It showed the settings screen, I confirmed it and the animation just kept on looping for a while.. then I exited - started it again and it was OK.
Hm, strange. I will try to reproduce that - thanks. How long did you wait?

macf1an Wrote:When starting a slideshow - a short black blink is seen.
Thats normal behaviour, the plugin part does retrieve the pictures for the slideshow. This is like entering an album/photoset for the first time. This "waiting time" should be shorter if you try it again with the same album.
macf1an Wrote:After exiting a slideshow - the settings screen is shown.
While playing a slideshow the script is exited. When exiting the slideshow the script is called again - and if the setting "don't show help again" is not enabled - it does what it says *g*. But good point, maybe I can hide the help even without the setting when returning back from a slideshow...
macf1an Wrote:I see you've disabled the image information in slideshow..I wouldn't hurt to have it after pressing something.
I don't hide the infos - the slideshow view is controlled by the skin - and there is no skin which shows any infolabels. Afaik the infolabels are even not available in this window for the skins Sad
macf1an Wrote:I cached the first images on all sites, reentered the addon and tried scrolling fast up and down ... XBMC crashed Big Grin Just once though...
Can you upload your xbmc.log to pastebin and send me a pm to the link?

thanks for testing and the feedback Smile
regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I waited a minute.
xbmc.log is long gone...
btw did you by any chance saw my script request in the programs subforum? Smile
Awesome Addon!

Is it possible to have these pictures randomly displayed in the backround of our home menu when we scroll to 'Pictures'. Sort of like how we use fanart to display backround for Music, Movies.. If so this would great!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Big Pictures3