• 2(current)
Release The Big Pictures
procrastinator Wrote:I've just got the update. Everything seems to be displaying properly now. Cheers Smile

Fine Smile

Since I don't own an ATV2, let me ask you one question: You only have "one real key" on your ATV-remote, right? Maybe I can also add toggling the OSD with that key - Do you know which button/action is mapped to that key?

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
The ATV remote has 7 buttons

Two additional functions can be assigned to extended presses of the menu button, and the select button. At the moment doing an extended press of the menu button brings up the download menu in this Add-on.

Here's a link to the Joystick.AppleRemote.xml that's used for the Apple Remote:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Joy...l_for_ATV2

In a slideshow an extended press of the select button is assigned to the info function - which is why I thought it might do it in this Add-on. It doesn't, but it might be a good choice of key to use if you were to assign this function to a keypress

EDIT: The on-screen info can be toggled by a single press of the select button on the ATV remote when viewing individual pictures. Info cannot be toggled with the ATV remote when selecting which album to view, but a full view of the photo depicting the album can be seen by entering the album and then switching off the info panel.
Hi,
this is one of my fav add-ons, so thanks alot Smile

However it hasnt been working in weeks now Sad
when I try to launch it it says: "Error Script Failed:runscript.py" and then nothing happens. Could you help me a bit with this one?

I'm running Openelec 1.0.2 (Ion build) on a Zotad Hd-id41.
[Tahini];943914 Wrote:Hi,
this is one of my fav add-ons, so thanks alot Smile

However it hasnt been working in weeks now Sad
when I try to launch it it says: "Error Script Failed:runscript.py" and then nothing happens. Could you help me a bit with this one?

I'm running Openelec 1.0.2 (Ion build) on a Zotad Hd-id41.

Hi,

I need to see the xbmc.log - please upload it to pastebin or wherever you like.
You can also try to get me in IRC in the #xbmc channel.

Btw. Are you running the recent version? dharma->1.5.1, eden-pre ->2.0.1

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
[Tahini];943914 Wrote:when I try to launch it it says: "Error Script Failed:runscript.py" and then nothing happens.

same problem here. I have the version 1.5.1 for dharma
perro6969 Wrote:same problem here. I have the version 1.5.1 for dharma

same again - I _need_ xbmc.log's to analyze this potential issue.

Of course I want to help you - but I can't do that without minimal help from you.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
@Sphere: I sent you an PM with the link to my XBMC.log, hope it helps
[Tahini];945569 Wrote:@Sphere: I sent you an PM with the link to my XBMC.log, hope it helps

Hi,

thanks for the log. I created a new version which could fix the error. I can't see the reason for the error in the log but at least it gives me a hint where to search. It is related to the scraper-modules import, i believe it is related to the import path and the fact that all xbmc addon-folders are automatically attached to the python sys.path by xbmc.

Please test the version and report back if it fixes your issue. If not please upload a new log because I also increased the debug logging in this version.

You can download the dharma and eden-pre versions here:
https://github.com/downloads/dersphere/s...-1.5.2.zip (dharma)
https://github.com/downloads/dersphere/s...-2.0.2.zip (eden-pre)

thanks for reporting and the log, regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I installed the add-on from the zip file, now it's working Smile
Finally I can admire those amazing pics in all their beauty, all thanks to you.
thanks alot!! Smile
Please fix the Keys with ATV2-Remote. Can't go back with the remote. Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Solo0815 Wrote:Please fix the Keys with ATV2-Remote. Can't go back with the remote. Thx

Hi,

im very surprised that you say it doesn't work, procrastinator reported that all works with ATV2 Remote.

Please provide this infos:
- installed Version of bigpictures
- installed Version of xbmc
Or upload a xbmc.log and send me a link to it (pastebin, dropbox, pm, email).

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
sphere Wrote:Hi,
im very surprised that you say it doesn't work, procrastinator reported that all works with ATV2 Remote.

Sorry, I just spotted this.

To clarify - last time, I was trying to get the info button to toggle the info. It turns out that it worked fine except for when choosing an album. I wasn't trying to get any other functions working.

The there is no 'back' function in the big picture addon on ATV2. Pressing the 'Menu' button on the remote (which normally serves this function in the GUI on ATV2) closes the addon.
Hi, I'm fairly new to xbmc. This is a great plugin, got it installed ok.

What I'm wondering is, does it save a copy of the images to the local h/drive and if it does where would they be kept, so i can go in and occasionly clean them out..

Or does it just `view' them and then discard them?

Clansman
Hi,
Solo0815 Wrote:Please fix the Keys with ATV2-Remote. Can't go back with the remote. Thx

procrastinator Wrote:The there is no 'back' function in the big picture addon on ATV2. Pressing the 'Menu' button on the remote (which normally serves this function in the GUI on ATV2) closes the addon.

thanks for that answer - looks like I misunderstand you... So we need a button on ATV2 to go back. Which one could be used for this?

Clansman Wrote:What I'm wondering is, does it save a copy of the images to the local h/drive and if it does where would they be kept, so i can go in and occasionly clean them out..

This addon uses the xbmc internal picture caching. This means that (except you use the addon to download the pictures with the context-key) the addon doesn't have a picture folder which can be cleaned. How to purge your global xbmc picture cache if needed, please have a look to the xbmc wiki.

But indeed the addon uses 1 hour cache of the html pages. If you want to clear this cache please have a look to the folder ".../addon_data/script.image.bigpictures/cache/". Btw. in 4 months of usage this folder contains 3MB of data.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Being a frequent user I can also confirm that having to close and reopen the addon everytime you enter a picture set is a nuisance.
Can't you just set the single press of the "Menu" button to step back to the site selection screen? You can also map the aspect toggle to the "Play/Pause" button as an alternative for non-keybord using setups.

Btw since 2.0.2 pressing "select" to choose a picture set results in one additional "circling" animation just to show the same picture again
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Big Pictures3