Launchbrowser unofficial update
(nuka1195 @ mar. 14 2005,01:08 Wrote:
(ghostdog__ @ mar. 12 2005,21:54 Wrote:anybody else any having issues with launchbrowser?  after clicking on a video, it begins downloading the video (you see the cache fill screens), but when done, the video doesn't play.  cache fill screen just disappears.  if you try again, launchbrowser just freezes.
are these videos in your favorites? if so they change from time to time and you need to re-add it.
i'm sure they aren't cuz they aren't for me
i try every way, top 100, search, they all do same thing
after deleting all settings and going back to last public release, everything is working again
enk i have the same problem where can i get last public release?
is it possible to add some sort of playlist support?

in a programming sense, more than one favorites list.

one of these days i'm going to learn this stuff (i know visual basic and c++ so this should be a breeze) :kickass:
appears that i cannot say the source but probably same place you got current one unless ya got from a torrent
i am having the same problem, only about 25% of all videos will play. they just start like normal but crap out right before it starts caching.

i have tried updating and it doesn't help. all the videos worked fine until a few days ago.

could there be corrupt cache somewhere causing this problem? anyone know where the script stores the cache files?
i've got the same problem, before the cache starts it stops with most videos? will there be a fix?
a few days after my initial post, the videos started playing again, but i just tested the script to confirm if there is a problem or not, and problem is there again.

my guess is that something on music.yahoo.com/ has changed, and the script just needs to be updated.
launchbrowser did not work anymore...
xbmc version cvs 17.03.05
error from xbmc log file:
error cmplayer::openfile() mms://dalwmod011.bcst.yahoo.com/proot6/pubshare21/lauvpwm9/4/14209384.wmv failed

maybe a similar problem like in ifilmbrowser wich was fixed a few days ago.

cy
http://www.geocities.com/bogorman/launchbrowserv1.2.zip

ok try this. update to fix a change in the url. i have not tested it much so please let me know if anytihng is still not working. there may have been more site changes.
hi.
another update
http://www.geocities.com/bogorman/launchbrowserv1.3.zip

i think that the files are now only at the location for a limited time so i am not sure if the favourites will work but the normal videos should now be playing again. i am unable to check on my xbox at the moment but should work.
cheers
this is my favorite script. thanks for the fix. it works great.

as for the favourites, could a search be done automatically on the song in favourites.txt if that song comes back missing?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
good to know its working again. i'll see what i can do. would be handy to have as the links stored in the file i think will be valid for a short time. i also think the artist and song ids are changed frequently.
i think a really cool feature once someone gets all the bugs sorted for the favorites would be diff play lists. i use mine like a jukebox for videos and it would be cool to have a metal playlist, a rap one etc etc. just a thought :kickass:
ok that should be straightforward enough to add. the main problem is that links at the moment stored go invalid quiclky so fixing the favourites so that it can find the new link is the main thing. adding a playlist after that will be ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launchbrowser unofficial update0