Need help knowing where to look to make a change
Hello, XBMC

I would like to be able to do the following with the Neon skin and could use some help knowing where to look:

1. I am using the "list view" for movies in library mode. If I edit the "Viewtype_List.xml" could I limit the view to only show 3-5 items at a time on the bottom of the screen?

2. In the same .xml could I make the file highlighter more transparent? Or alter it to look more like Night, where the selected movie changes color, or the font size increases?

3. Is there a way for the associated trailer to play if I hover over the file for X seconds? If not, could I force the plot to pop-up on hover?

Thank you for the help!
mephesta Wrote:Hello, XBMC

I would like to be able to do the following with the Neon skin and could use some help knowing where to look:

1. I am using the "list view" for movies in library mode. If I edit the "Viewtype_List.xml" could I limit the view to only show 3-5 items at a time on the bottom of the screen?

2. In the same .xml could I make the file highlighter more transparent? Or alter it to look more like Night, where the selected movie changes color, or the font size increases?

3. Is there a way for the associated trailer to play if I hover over the file for X seconds? If not, could I force the plot to pop-up on hover?

Thank you for the help!

1 - I'd start with the Slim List view since it is already limited to just 5 items (viewtype_slimlist.xml)

2 - Yep. Look for "focusedlayout"

3 - Slim List does this too (delayed plot)

Basically Slim List already does everything you asked for. Smile
-stoli-
. . . I don't think I have ever felt so stupid. I do not understand how I missed that. Thank you for not pointing it out to me like I am an idiot. However, you would have been will within your right to do so.

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help knowing where to look to make a change0