[RELEASE] Pneumatic

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
samukas Offline
(2013-02-17 12:38)Newsleecher Wrote:  How would I go about having multiple streams going simultaneously, what type of setup and bandwidth?

For example I may want to watch something in one room while a buddy watches something else in another room. Or I may want 2 or more things goings at the same time so I can flick back and forth sort of like tv, cuz u know we get bored.

Well, as your internet connection and news server can keep up with having the two downloads at the same time, you should be fine. It all depends on the bitrate of the videos you are watching of course.
find quote
Popeye Offline
Posting Freak
You also need two instances of SAB to get the files simultaneously...

sverigesradio | Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
find quote
Newsleecher Offline
(2013-02-18 22:19)Popeye Wrote:  You also need two instances of SAB to get the files simultaneously...

Hmm was afraid about that. I was hoping I can run single Sab on the nas and have multiple cheap clients like Rpi run the xmbc each watching real time nzbs. But if have to run multiple sabs then that mean need stronger clients because client have to play and download?
find quote
strontydog Offline
You can have one pc based client (acer revo in my case) that runs multiple instances of sab and the rest could be pis. That's what I do. Works a treat.
find quote
Popeye Offline
Posting Freak
The problem is the load balancing where rars have to be simultaneously downloaded from multiple jobs....

find quote
dr99 Offline
Popeye,

If you have "Abort jobs that cannot be completed" checked in SAB and a download gets aborted, XBMC will crash after you select "just download" or "delete" from the pneumatic popup. Let me know if you want the log.
find quote
Popeye Offline
Posting Freak
(2013-02-24 23:02)dr99 Wrote:  Popeye,

If you have "Abort jobs that cannot be completed" checked in SAB and a download gets aborted, XBMC will crash after you select "just download" or "delete" from the pneumatic popup. Let me know if you want the log.
Yes, please PM a log and I'll get it fixed.

find quote
Newsleecher Offline
(2013-02-21 19:08)strontydog Wrote:  You can have one pc based client (acer revo in my case) that runs multiple instances of sab and the rest could be pis. That's what I do. Works a treat.

I imagine If the server is strong enough it can handle multiple unrar etc.

You happen to have an easy to follow guide on this for windows? I checked out some threads on Sab forum that point back to pneumatic, so guess others were trying. However the guides over there seem to full of command line sorcery and terminal hypocrisy. Is there some easy ways?
find quote
jurm Offline
Pretty much every website I use is giving me Malformed Results now
find quote
atmorell Offline
Popeye: Any chance you could add support for space in the nzb/title filename? Pneumatic just hangs after downloading the first rar file. I have to cancel the stream and go into the incomplete folder and press enter on the downloading file again.
find quote
atmorell Offline
Nevermind.. Works if I encapsulate the title in ' some name'
find quote
Popeye Offline
Posting Freak
(2013-02-27 11:44)atmorell Wrote:  Popeye: Any chance you could add support for space in the nzb/title filename? Pneumatic just hangs after downloading the first rar file. I have to cancel the stream and go into the incomplete folder and press enter on the downloading file again.

(2013-02-27 12:18)atmorell Wrote:  Nevermind.. Works if I encapsulate the title in ' some name'

Great you found a workaround. I can still take a look at it if you PM me the details of what you did and what did not work (e.g. a log).

find quote
darksupernova Offline
Hi Popeye - Been searching through the thread, but can't find anything related.

Just reinstalled after a time away and everything seems to be working fine except that the video only seems to play the first part? Almost the whole video is downloaded now but only the first 30 or so seconds play and then it just pops up asking me if I want to delete or just download?

Any ideas?
find quote
atmorell Offline
(2013-03-01 00:17)darksupernova Wrote:  Hi Popeye - Been searching through the thread, but can't find anything related.

Just reinstalled after a time away and everything seems to be working fine except that the video only seems to play the first part? Almost the whole video is downloaded now but only the first 30 or so seconds play and then it just pops up asking me if I want to delete or just download?

Any ideas?

Had the same isue half a year ago. Videos stopping all the time. Problem was fixed by picking another news provider.
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-01 00:47 by atmorell.)
find quote
Popeye Offline
Posting Freak
(2013-03-01 00:17)darksupernova Wrote:  Hi Popeye - Been searching through the thread, but can't find anything related.

Any ideas?

Could be the temp fake rars that fails to be written. A log will help me Big Grin

find quote