• 67(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
(2012-04-15, 16:01)ferry Wrote: A few questions

Have this working, wow what an app.

Would I be right in thinking that sab fails the download because it has to stay in the incomplete directory until the content has finished playing on xbmc? Does sab continue with processing the content in the normal way once viewing is finished or do I have to remove the files myself from the incomplete directory or hit "retry"? [Edit. OK I just watched a video and see the delete or repair options]. Where is the unrar processing done, on xbmc?

Is there somewhere i can find out what all the other setting are for in the pneumatic menus?

Also, and unrelated to the app, now that I've discovered how to mount external shares from within xbmc using /etc/fstab, are there advantages to mounting all my content this way rather than than the normal way?

Glad you like it. As you have seen, sab must fail the downloads in order to keep the files in incomplete. Under post processing in settings you can set the default behavior after watching (delete, repair, ask and nothing). In incomplete you can choose to delete a single or all finished downloads through the context menu...
There is no unraring happening, xbmc just reads inside each rar.
There is no manual yet :-D
Mounting from xbmc or fstab doesnt matter except in this case.
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
Thanks again

What happens in the case of a compressed rar ?
(2012-04-15, 19:43)ferry Wrote: Thanks again

What happens in the case of a compressed rar ?

You get a warning from pneumatic but it will let xbmc try playing it. It will most probably fail...
My sickbeard mod is pretty much done. I need to add some logging, but I spent the majority of the weekend converting my library over to .strm files. 99% of the time I was able to split full season nzbs. Occasionally there would be one where whoever made it didn't name the individual files inside the nzb. That situation causes my code to break and there isn't much to be done about it. I'll be putting in a pull request to hopefully get this into the main sickbeard line very soon.

When it's going after individual episodes or double or triple episodes glued together it works great. I found not using nzbmatrix greatly cuts down on the number of full season nzbs that it tries to use.

So I just cut my TV library from about 13TB to less than 1GB. Time to sell off some hard drives! Smile
(2012-04-16, 16:39)tpunder Wrote: My sickbeard mod is pretty much done. I need to add some logging, but I spent the majority of the weekend converting my library over to .strm files. 99% of the time I was able to split full season nzbs. Occasionally there would be one where whoever made it didn't name the individual files inside the nzb. That situation causes my code to break and there isn't much to be done about it. I'll be putting in a pull request to hopefully get this into the main sickbeard line very soon.

When it's going after individual episodes or double or triple episodes glued together it works great. I found not using nzbmatrix greatly cuts down on the number of full season nzbs that it tries to use.

So I just cut my TV library from about 13TB to less than 1GB. Time to sell off some hard drives! Smile

Excellent, looking forward to try it out...
i have 2 questions about this great plug!

1)
Why is for mkv the last rar needed? for what info exactly..length of movie..?..

2)
I have a nzb - stream fail.
when i download it works. inside rar (16.avi, blabla.nfo), no missing parts.
what can be the reason for?

(2012-04-17, 23:34)mattisi Wrote: i have 2 questions about this great plug!

1)
Why is for mkv the last rar needed? for what info exactly..length of movie..?..

2)
I have a nzb - stream fail.
when i download it works. inside rar (16.avi, blabla.nfo), no missing parts.
what can be the reason for?

1. Its not for fun. I have discovered XBMC needs it in order to trick it to play without all rars.
2. No idea. Missing articles, strange names.. Logs?
hi popeye

thanks for answers.

1) sure its not for fun:-) i'm just thinking that maybe it would be possible to provide the needed data/info by other way. (file analyis by newznab)

2) i was looking for logs..but no log files found (openelec)..where to find?

no missing parts/articles.

Seriesname.-.S14E16.nzb

Seriesname.-.S14E16_bla-bla-bla.info.part1.rar
Seriesname.-.S14E16_bla-bla-bla.info.part2.rar

inside archiv:
16.avi
Seriesname.-.S14E16_bla-bla-bla.info.nfo

i have a lot of them which not working..

first i see: downloading
when part finished..no movie playing, instead i get directly the menu "DELETE","JUST DOWNLOAD"
(2012-04-18, 00:27)mattisi Wrote: hi popeye

thanks for answers.

1) sure its not for fun:-) i'm just thinking that maybe it would be possible to provide the needed data/info by other way. (file analyis by newznab)

2) i was looking for logs..but no log files found (openelec)..where to find?

no missing parts/articles.

Seriesname.-.S14E16.nzb

Seriesname.-.S14E16_bla-bla-bla.info.part2.rar

inside archiv:
16.avi
Seriesname.-.S14E16_bla-bla-bla.info.nfo

i have a lot of them which not working..

first i see: downloading
when part finished..no movie playing, instead i get directly the menu "DELETE","JUST DOWNLOAD"

1 It is probably some binary end of file data xbmc needs. Newznab, on the server end?
2 the standard is part01.rar etc, so there is currently no Support for partX.rar... Pm me exact details and I look into it. :-D
1) yes newznab on server end. but somebody would have to know what data where needed from the last part.
i know darkly from the emuIe times ago. that you have to check the option "try download first and last chunk first" to get a preview.

2) so we have the problem surounded! il try to pm you.

it would be still intresting where to find the logs for your plugin(s) in openelec. (will not last problem i do report:-) )
(2012-04-18, 00:49)mattisi Wrote: 1) yes newznab on server end. but somebody would have to know what data where needed from the last part.
i know darkly from the emuIe times ago. that you have to check the option "try download first and last chunk first" to get a preview.

it would be still intresting where to find the logs for your plugin(s) in openelec. (will not last problem i do report:-) )

Mattisi,

SSH into your openelec PC and type this

paste /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

That will give you a pastebin web address containing you log Wink

Hope this helps.
(2012-04-18, 00:49)mattisi Wrote: 1) yes newznab on server end. but somebody would have to know what data where needed from the last part.

1. I don't see the point in solving it on the server end. Back in the early days of XBMC it didn't care about full archives. There is a track ticket for fixing this. I dont know C/C++ good enough to solve it. Also, relying on newznab is bad design. Pneumatic should be site independent. Upgrade you connection if you don't have the time to wait... Big Grin

2. I'll look into your pm later.
@Simon
thank for the tip. but i'm to paranoid to use it :-)
so newznab plugin write to xbmc log, good to know

@Popeye
1) if its just a "bug/missing feature" of xbmc not could playing without last rar/lastpartofmkv, then it's definitly wrong to go other ways.
I was just thinking it is a problem with some video files/types, that some info/data absolutely essential for playing is at the EndOfFile.
look at ticket 6888
@Popeye
just doing a flyover, my skills are very limited:-)
i asume you already thinked about just look for name of last rar-file and create a 0byte dummy file, when movie started, delete the dummy?
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11