• 80(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
(2012-10-09, 01:36)simon_rb Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 23:24)Popeye Wrote: It's kind of doable. What you want is some way of silencing the dialog and not launch until ready. And launch the dialogs if not ready... what is the url/api for CE?

Not sure what the API is, the forum link is:-

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563

When we have friends for a film night I select the video via Newznab, pneumatic does its magic, when the film starts to play I stop it and select just download. Then I run CE script with no movie and then browse to the incomplete folder and add the downloading movie .mkv to the end of the playlist...

Cheers

Hi, it looks kind of complicated and I don't really understand the flow. I agree, the waiting time could be used for more fun stuff...

(2012-10-12, 01:21)mattisi Wrote: Hi

I have updatet some minutes ago sabnzbd to 0.7.4 (win)..now pneumatic/newznab is not working anymore:-(

when i click some movie "requesting nzb" seconds count up and up
then i have a look and see that in sabnzb download is started..when i look at the details i see that the last part of rar is NOT moved to the top of queue, so i think thats the problem.

other point is maybe the problem in sabnzbd special settings allow_streaming is checked but behind it is stated as (off)
in the .ini file the value is definitly allow_streaming = 1

so is the problem more pneumatic or sabnzb related?

any fixes or i have to downgrade to lower sabnzbd version?

thanx
mattis

The API for moving items within a queue item is not official so it might be possible they have changed something Big Grin . I honestly dont know but PM a log and I'll take a look. In the mean time you could manually send the last rar to the top and see if things start going as usual.
Regarding the allow_streaming, the "(off)" just means it's default off and once you tick it, it will be on so don't worry. Also the item should fail in the queue.
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
mattisi, the log would be very helpful. I have other users with similar issues.
Also, the API has not changed, important is that you use the plush skin...
FEATURE REQUEST:

Implement the Bookmarking Playback Engine (see link at bottom for details)... this feature will add the ability to stop a show/movie in the middle and be able to resume it at that point another time.

Bookmarking Playback Engine
It's been a while since I've visited this thread, mostly because I run XBMC on an ATV2 and I can't mount my SABNZBd folder...

Still, it's nice to see this project evolving amazingly, crongrats, Popeye Smile I am honestly considering buying a "nettop" for this only.

I have a few questions / sugestions if I may, as I've been playing with the addons this weekend - while I should be studying... ah! Smile

- Subtitle Support: Embedded subtitles are of course supported and the XBMC Subtitles plugin downloads subtitles just fine, but I'm wondering if it's possible to support external subtitles placed along the STRM file? I tried "Video.STRM / Video.SRT" and it didn't grab it. This is THE feature that I'd love to have, not being a native English speaker.

- NZB/STRM side-by-side: I understand the "easyness" of using a STRM file that points to an HTTP path, I'm wondering if it's possible to have STRM and NZB files sitting in the same folder, side-by-side, and use a relative path to the NZB? (not a "full path", because I might change directories in the future). Sorry if this has been answered before, but if so, how would I make the STRM file?
Basically I don't want to rely on a website/indexer that might disappear in the future, or not have a high-enough retention, I'd rather choose and keep track of my own NZB files.

- Auto Mark as Watched - I know you've been requested this before Smile I've read a few pages back, I'm guessing there is still no light at the end of the tunnel? It's nice that the Trakt addon sucessfully scrobbles the STRM file (in library mode), but it would be nice not having to manually mark movies/episodes as watched.

- If I press "STOP" before a media item finishes playing, I get asked if I want to delete the SABNZBd Job and files (which I do), but if I let the video run till the end, the Player exists, but I never get the pop-up asking me if I want to do something. Is this by design or a limitation at this time?

- Sometimes SABNZBd will detect "Missing Articles" either on the first part or after downloading a bit more. Not sure if Pneumatic can pick up on that and warn the user?

- Sickbeard with STRM support. I admit I didn't read every page behind, but I'm wondering if there's hope of seeing tpunder's code integrated in the near future in SickBeard's? It's been quite a few months since the fork was updated, so basically what I'm wondering is if SickBeard's team was not receptive to the idea Smile

As a general question for people who might have "replaced" their media library with NZB files, how's that going out for you? Retention keeps increasing at "realtime" speed which is great, but even with block usenet accounts, I'm mostly concerned about ending up with with lots of incompletes that of course cannot be PAR-corrected in real-time and I'd have the "unpleasant" surprise of a movie crapping out in the middle Smile

I also noticed in Beta/Nightly versions of XBMC that the Pneumatic info box saying "Downloading file from SABNZBD etc etc" never disappears, even after the video starts playing. Eden works out just fine. I'm guessing this is known since the first post only mentions Eden, but I figured I'd mention it anyway Smile
@samukas: The fork of Sickbeard by tpunder has not been kept up to date... and as for getting it integrated, that would have first required tpunder to submit his changes as a pull request in order for it to have been even considered. If I knew more about what changes were made, I'd submit the request myself since we haven't seen or heard from tpunder in some time...

You are in luck though, I've been doing what I can to keep the changes up to date with the current Sickbeard development... If you'd like, I can get my changes up on Github for you (my changes are mainly just the merging and resolving of merge conflicts.) I've also included some other changes from the pull requests that are currently being ignored... for example, Trakt watchlist support, which adds new shows to sickbeard when they are added to your trakt watchlist.

I'll go ahead and just push it to my github account incase anyone is interested, i'll post a link when it's ready.
I'll answer inline

(2012-10-15, 11:59)samukas Wrote: It's been a while since I've visited this thread, mostly because I run XBMC on an ATV2 and I can't mount my SABNZBd folder...
reply working on a solution for this and android.

Still, it's nice to see this project evolving amazingly, crongrats, Popeye Smile I am honestly considering buying a "nettop" for this only.

I have a few questions / sugestions if I may, as I've been playing with the addons this weekend - while I should be studying... ah! Smile

- Subtitle Support: Embedded subtitles are of course supported and the XBMC Subtitles plugin downloads subtitles just fine, but I'm wondering if it's possible to support external subtitles placed along the STRM file? I tried "Video.STRM / Video.SRT" and it didn't grab it. This is THE feature that I'd love to have, not being a native English speaker.
reply Well, actually xbmc is never playing the strm. The strm just kickstarts pneumatic. One could maybe copy the srt from the strm path to the incomplete...

- NZB/STRM side-by-side: I understand the "easyness" of using a STRM file that points to an HTTP path, I'm wondering if it's possible to have STRM and NZB files sitting in the same folder, side-by-side, and use a relative path to the NZB? (not a "full path", because I might change directories in the future). Sorry if this has been answered before, but if so, how would I make the STRM file?
Basically I don't want to rely on a website/indexer that might disappear in the future, or not have a high-enough retention, I'd rather choose and keep track of my own NZB files.
reply For now you can use the nzb back up folder (in pneumatic settings) to store the nzb. Pneumatic should look here before attempting to load the url. Looking in the same folder is a next step. Will have to look into it.

- Auto Mark as Watched - I know you've been requested this before Smile I've read a few pages back, I'm guessing there is still no light at the end of the tunnel? It's nice that the Trakt addon sucessfully scrobbles the STRM file (in library mode), but it would be nice not having to manually mark movies/episodes as watched.

reply This is on my todo list. It is tricky..

- If I press "STOP" before a media item finishes playing, I get asked if I want to delete the SABNZBd Job and files (which I do), but if I let the video run till the end, the Player exists, but I never get the pop-up asking me if I want to do something. Is this by design or a limitation at this time?
reply Well, it should pop up a "repair or delete" dialog...

- Sometimes SABNZBd will detect "Missing Articles" either on the first part or after downloading a bit more. Not sure if Pneumatic can pick up on that and warn the user?
reply Nope, there is nothing in the official api. There might be other ways thought....

I also noticed in Beta/Nightly versions of XBMC that the Pneumatic info box saying "Downloading file from SABNZBD etc etc" never disappears, even after the video starts playing. Eden works out just fine. I'm guessing this is known since the first post only mentions Eden, but I figured I'd mention it anyway Smile
reply Don't know what they have added/changed and have (for now) only time to focus on the current release, sorry
Ok, I've pushed mine to my account.... Let me just go over a few things in the settings I found to be confusing:

1. Make sure you turn off the Automatic Updating... this will not work properly. Do this first thing! I try to keep an eye on midgetspy's repository and fetch and merge the latest changes (I usually get around to doing this about every 1-2 weeks)...

2. On the Search Settings page, section: NZB Search, choose XBMC STRM for the method.
Now decide where you want your NZB files stored at (its best to use black hole that you don't plan on changing, for example I use: I:\PNEUMATIC\TV-BLACKHOLE )
Now this next input is important, it requires you to have a '\' (without quotes) after the Pneumatic NZB Location... again using my example this would be: I:\PNEUMATIC\TV-BLACKHOLE\ )

3. Now you need to create a location for post processing (it works a little different here, this is where it will temporarily create your .strm files before moving everything and renaming. I used: I:\PNEUMATIC\TV-POSTPROCESSING
Make sure to check to scan and process... if you want it to rename the STRM files also check that option (i have this checked personally)

I think thats it for the settings, good luck and if you need any questions you can either PM me or reply here.

Make sure you checkout (or download) the branch named: merged_development_4
This is the branch with the latest changes to sickbeard merged in.

Code:
https://github.com/akuiraz/Sick-Beard/tree/pneumatic

for those who are unsure either clone this with git:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/akuiraz/Sick-Beard.git --branch pneumatic
or you can just download the zip by clicking this:
Code:
https://github.com/akuiraz/Sick-Beard/zipball/pneumatic

*** EDIT ***

One more important thing to set in the config.... if you use NzbMatrix, turn them off. Or else sickbeard will download a Full Season NZB file which will not work with Pneumatic! You should be ok to turn it back on after your backlog has been filled.

*** EDIT 2 ***
Changed my repo url and branch name
Thanks to both for replying quickly!

(2012-10-15, 13:30)Popeye Wrote: reply Well, actually xbmc is never playing the strm. The strm just kickstarts pneumatic. One could maybe copy the srt from the strm path to the incomplete...
It would be indeed nice if there could be a way in the script to copy the subtitle files relative to the NZB that the user wants to play. So for example:
HYMM.S01E01.strm
(HYMM.S01E01.nzb)
HYMM.S01E01.EN.srt
HYMM.S01E01.FR.srt
HYMM.S01E01.ES.srt

It would copy the 3 subtitles tracks to the incomplete folder and rename acordingly. Is this though to achieve/code? It honestly one of the "big deal" things for me, but I can understand it not being a priority for someone not living with people who are not fluent in English Smile

(2012-10-15, 13:30)Popeye Wrote: reply For now you can use the nzb back up folder (in pneumatic settings) to store the nzb. Pneumatic should look here before attempting to load the url. Looking in the same folder is a next step. Will have to look into it.
Oh I actually didn't know that. Thanks Smile So, as long as the NZB file name is the same as the one specified in the "&nzbname=" parameter, it will look for the local file first?

(2012-10-15, 13:30)Popeye Wrote: reply This is on my todo list. It is tricky..
Thank you once again Smile

(2012-10-15, 13:30)Popeye Wrote: reply Well, it should pop up a "repair or delete" dialog...
I'll have another look and report back if the dialog doesn't pop-up, but indeed it didn't when I tried playing an episode yesterday.

(2012-10-15, 13:30)Popeye Wrote: reply Nope, there is nothing in the official api. There might be other ways thought....
It's not a big deal, though, I was just curious if it was doable.

(2012-10-15, 13:30)Popeye Wrote: reply Don't know what they have added/changed and have (for now) only time to focus on the current release, sorry
In my PC I was able to rollback to Eden, it's just the RaspberryPi I believe that doesn't have an Eden build, so I couldn't set it up properly. Also not a big deal. My ideal setup would be a single box running XBMC and SAB, so the RaspPi wouldn't handle that anyway Smile

Thank you so much as well, akuiraz, I'll have a look at your repo and will report back on how SickBeard behaves with Pneumatic Smile

Cheers!
(2012-10-15, 13:30)Popeye Wrote: reply Don't know what they have added/changed and have (for now) only time to focus on the current release, sorry

There was a similar issue with a number of other addons in Frodo and the solution was to explicity close any open dialogues and not to rely on the dialogue window being automatically closed when it goes out of scope. I hacked my version by adding in xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(all, true)') to make it work on my Raspberry Pi. Hope this helps.

This is a great plug-in by the way, wish I'd found it earlier!
(2012-10-16, 20:00)strontydog Wrote:

There was a similar issue with a number of other addons in Frodo and the solution was to explicity close any open dialogues and not to rely on the dialogue window being automatically closed when it goes out of scope. I hacked my version by adding in xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(all, true)') to make it work on my Raspberry Pi. Hope this helps.

This is a great plug-in by the way, wish I'd found it earlier!

There is also some issues with the xbmc progress dialog so I have some ideas about writing my own a'la the youtube addon download notification.
Where did you add the fix? It couldn't hurt to add it by default.

Quote:There is also some issues with the xbmc progress dialog so I have some ideas about writing my own a'la the youtube addon download notification.
Where did you add the fix? It couldn't hurt to add it by default.

I added it at the end of def wait_for_nzf method just before the return.

xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(all, true)')
return iscanceled

I am using the nzbmatrix addon and had to do a similar change to this as well but that doesn't seem to have been updated in a while.
How can I download this addon?
Read the first post... Big Grin

(2012-10-15, 14:20)akuiraz Wrote: Ok, I've pushed mine to my account....

Code:
https://github.com/akuiraz/Sick-Beard_akuiraz/tree/merged_development_4

Thanks for releasing this, looks very useful. I am new to Sickbeard so I may be missing something.

How should I go about configuring this with xbmc and pneumatic. I can't seem to get the streams to play from an xbmc file directory, I get a "Playlist, can't find the next item to play" error message. However it does work from NewzNab Browse local NZBs for me if I browse to the nzb file. I was hoping to be able to organise the stream files in a season folder structure and be able to play them via xbmc from there. Is this possible yet?

I've been messing around with my ATV2 tonight (after not being able to run XBMC and SAB simultaneously on my Raspberry Pi) and I've finally managed to get SAB to run on it.
First of all, a thanks to workshy, who back in December gave me a few pointers to get this to work. At the time I wasn't able to do it, but here it is a small guide to run SABnzbD on ATV2 and, of course, Pneumatic! Smile

A few notes:
I'm running ATV's Firmware v4.4.4 (in v5 XBMC has less resources available I think) with nothing but XBMC Eden Stable installed.
ATV only has 8GB's of internal memory. Or, precisely, 6,20GB available on mine at this very moment. Take this of course into account as you will not be able to make large downloads.
It has a low processing power and RAM so you might get crashes.
I got very oscilating download speeds between 300KB/s and 1,1MB/s, which was enough for streaming a 720p WEB-DL episode with an average bitrate of 4Mbps. SAB finished downloading the episode 7 minutes before it ended!

Step 1 - Installing SAB

Download the following ZIP file: https://sites.google.com/site/sabnzbdiph...edirects=0
and extract it.

(using "mobile" user, not "root")
Move the ZIP file's "sabnzbd" folder to: /var/mobile/ (I used cyberduck for this)

SSH to the AppleTV, again using the "mobile" user:
/var/mobile/sabnzbd
pyhton SABnzbd.py -d

(if you don't have python installed, you need to run "apt-get install python" as root)

Step 2 - Configuring SAB

Most likely you will not have access to the web interface, it seems that SAB defaults to only allow the actual machine that hosts it to run the wizard, so we need to run an SSH tunnel.
Open another Terminal window and type: ssh -L8080:localhost:8080 root@ATV2-IP-ADDRESS.

Type in your browser http://localhost:8080 and you will be presented with SAB's wizard.

Step 1: It does not support SSL connections ("python-ssl" or something is missing. if someone knows how to do it, do let me know, but I think it would also slow it down quite a bit)
Step 1: I used 5 connections at the same time, did not try more. I believe the less you use the better for the ATV's resources, but you also need to take into account the speeds you want to get.
Step 2: Select "I want SAB to be viewable by any pc on my network"

After finishing configurations, you should be able to access SAB directly trough ATV's IP address and can close the SSH Tunnel window.

(using mobile user, not root)
Edit "sabnzb.ini" file and set "allow_streaming = 1"
Restart SABnzbd for changes to take effect.

If you have problems with permissions, you should be able to solve them by doing this (as "root")
chmod 777 /var/mobile/sabnzbd
chmod 777 /var/mobile/sabnzbd/Downloads/incomplete/

You SAB configuration should now be finished and you can proceed to install Pneumatic / other addons and configure them accordingly to stream from usenet Smile

Sorry for the long post by the way, but it might help some people Smile
I do not know how to make it run on power-on, but if anyone has input on that, do tell! Big Grin
I'm now trying to run SickBeard on it as well, with reasonable success… more on that later Smile
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11