• 95(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
as mentioned earlier, sabnzbd doesn't report missing articles which would prevent a film streaming from start to end, only that it can complete the download with attached pars.. the python script i linked to does show if any articles are missing so would allow me to ignore that nzb and test another..
I would love if that could be an option in Pneumatic.
This https://github.com/TsUPeR/xbmc-pneumatic...lt.py#L150 is where the change should fit. Once ok'ed by SAB kick of a thread where the checker is running. It could even be possible to start streaming and the pause/warn if there is any issues..
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
(2013-01-08, 02:12)Popeye Wrote: This https://github.com/TsUPeR/xbmc-pneumatic...lt.py#L150 is where the change should fit. Once ok'ed by SAB kick of a thread where the checker is running. It could even be possible to start streaming and the pause/warn if there is any issues..

That sounds like a plan Big Grin

As I see it the external checker only looks at the completeness of the rar's as where sabnzbd the total net completeness of rar's+par's

For now, implementation of the threaded rar only checker looks to be the best option, although people should realise they have to sacrifice 1 NNTP thread for it.

- Make it a switchable option, when enable insert nntp server details. (ip:port:user:pass)
- Option: Check completeness of rar's
- Option: Only start play if 100% rar completeness
- Option: Start play, warn by pop up about completeness
- Pop up : continue or stop (In the case of continue, does sabnzbd repair if pars are available while streaming is already running? If you nntp connection is like mine ,fast enough, it doesn't really matter)

Something like that? Not a poke or feature request, just my idea of how it could be implemented.
Well, the more I think about it, the more I believe SAB should handle it. First I have the issue of getting the nzb, something SAB handles perfecly today. Then adding account information in two places and last, no ssl (or at least I don't know how to implement it). Coldn't it be handled as some sort of pre-queue script?
(2013-01-09, 14:50)Popeye Wrote: Well, the more I think about it, the more I believe SAB should handle it. First I have the issue of getting the nzb, something SAB handles perfecly today. Then adding account information in two places and last, no ssl (or at least I don't know how to implement it). Coldn't it be handled as some sort of pre-queue script?

Hmm, I kind of agree with you, thinking about it twice.

Better to bug the Sabnzbd developers to make their function more powerfull, having the option to choose between netto completeness and rar only completeness.
(2013-01-09, 15:24)j1nx Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 14:50)Popeye Wrote: Well, the more I think about it, the more I believe SAB should handle it. First I have the issue of getting the nzb, something SAB handles perfecly today. Then adding account information in two places and last, no ssl (or at least I don't know how to implement it). Coldn't it be handled as some sort of pre-queue script?

Hmm, I kind of agree with you, thinking about it twice.

Better to bug the Sabnzbd developers to make their function more powerfull, having the option to choose between netto completeness and rar only completeness.

It's a shame Sabnzbd couldn't repair the damaged rar(s) on the fly so hopefully once you get to the missing/damaged rar it won't cause any issues as it would be repaired.

Oh, and great work Mr P.
(2013-01-09, 18:53)simon_rb Wrote: It's a shame Sabnzbd couldn't repair the damaged rar(s) on the fly so hopefully once you get to the missing/damaged rar it won't cause any issues as it would be repaired.

Oh, and great work Mr P.

The way san repairs with .par files this would not be possible, par files work using a mathematical process against the entire collection of files in a release, so if some files are missing you need more PARity information.
(2013-01-09, 19:18)ckergald Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 18:53)simon_rb Wrote: It's a shame Sabnzbd couldn't repair the damaged rar(s) on the fly so hopefully once you get to the missing/damaged rar it won't cause any issues as it would be repaired.

Oh, and great work Mr P.

The way san repairs with .par files this would not be possible, par files work using a mathematical process against the entire collection of files in a release, so if some files are missing you need more PARity information.

Ah of course. Unless your Internet connection is fast enough, mines 100mb and the movie is downloaded in 10 to 20 mins or so, therefore all the rars will be there.. I guess it will then be write access and then it would extract and move to the complete folder.. When you look at it there is more and more obstacles to tackle lol.

(2013-01-09, 21:11)simon_rb Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 19:18)ckergald Wrote:

Oh, and great work Mr P.

Ah of course. Unless your Internet connection is fast enough, mines 100mb and the movie is downloaded in 10 to 20 mins or so, therefore all the rars will be there.. I guess it will then be write access and then it would extract and move to the complete folder.. When you look at it there is more and more obstacles to tackle lol.
Exactly I'm at 50 Mbps and thats plenty fast enough too, but still this would not be on the fly it's once downloading has completed. and if the damage was in one of the first rar files it still may not be fast enough. I get what your saying though. The best would be if this could be detected before playback started and prompt with some download options.
Repost from the NzbTV thread Big Grin

I and ckergald have made a joint effort in tweaking NzbTV. The channel listing is read from ckergald's repo and cached locally. The channel list will be auto updated if needed and you also have to option to store your own version locally or in your own url. Last but not least, there is content menu options to add channels or shows to a favorite listing. Now go and grab my repo !
NZBTV Demo video
Dudes, awesome work!

Will get around to testing everything on my plethora of devices later tonight.

Thanks alot!
Would it be feasable to just archive the first and last rars of every nzb in relevent catagories in newznab? Then you could stream anything instantly.
As far as raping my newznab provider I was thinking of just running my own so that wouldn't be aproblem. My connection is often doing nothing, has no enforced cap, sabnzbd can download at least 2mb/s without causing any problems, and i have a whole terabyte i can fill. I'm running xbmc/Sabnzbd/etc from a computer that's only a year old so the proccessor ect doesn't seem like a problem.
Excellent work, pneumatic works great powering my Newznab/NABTV setup.

One issue I have run into: Some videos have a total path greater than 255 characters, leading to a SABnzbd disk write failure in Windows 7 (NTFS). I can limit the max_folder_length in SABnzbd to allow the download to work, but then the Pneumatic plugin can no longer find the file (looking for the full non-truncated path). Any way to add a setting to specify max folder length?
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11