• 104(current)
[RELEASE] Pneumatic
(2013-05-24, 13:08)geewizz Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 13:05)Popeye Wrote: "WARNING: GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive ", you might have broken archives or missing articles... Else everythings looks ok.

But it played fine after downloading the whole thing though, I don't understand.

Me neither. These things are very hard to debug and I don't have much spare time to dig into it...
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
(2013-05-24, 13:12)Popeye Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 13:08)geewizz Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 13:05)Popeye Wrote: "WARNING: GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive ", you might have broken archives or missing articles... Else everythings looks ok.

But it played fine after downloading the whole thing though, I don't understand.

Me neither. These things are very hard to debug and I don't have much spare time to dig into it...

I hear you, can someone out there try playing the same release and see if they get the same issue? Just to see if I'm the only one or if it is a common problem for everyone with this release.
This is the one: the.daily.show.2013.05.21.phil.jackson.720p.hdtv.x264-evolve (alt.binaries.teevee)
Tried another file and same thing happened, this time I tried aborting the download and hit "delete" in the pop-up. Then xbmc froze completely, this has happened to me before.

Here is my log from the events:
http://pastebin.com/7MN1BGK1

Any ideas?
(I have xbmc running continuously, could that be the reason, should I restart it more often?)
thanks Popeye for this great effort! highly appreciate it Smile

I have installed pneumatic a few days ago and my overall experience is somehow between "amazing that this is possible" and "damn, why does it always fail for me"....

yesterday it stopped playing a californication episode and then froze completly. just the way geewizz experienced it too.

I don't know how to pull the logs out though, Im pretty new to this xbmc thingie.

my installation is on win7, frodo 12.2, pneumatic downloaded 3 days ago.

Edit: it always stops playing after the first part too... Like 2 minutes maybe.

What are all the property entries for? Is there an explanation or tutorial? I cant find anything.

Thanks for some hints!
Is there anyone out there who can help me out? I have this problem with every release I try to play. It starts downloading the .rar file and after it's done instead of moving to the last rar file and then starting. It starts downloading the r00 file... and so on, until the whole archive is downloaded. Then it starts playing.

I'm sorry to say that the plugin is completely useless for me, and apparently for other people as well, camlbl on the comment above is reporting similar issues. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
I have upgraded to the latest version of SAB as well now, hoping that would help, but it didn't.

When I start downloading the release I would like to play, Pneumatic gives an error message that might be related, it says: "SABnzbd failed moving the file to the top of the queue."
(Even though there is nothing in SABnzbd at all)
Camelbl, sure your Connection is fast enough?

Geewizzz, your problem is what you state in the last line. The rats can't be moved within the queue. There might be something with your sab installation...
(2013-05-30, 07:01)Popeye Wrote: Geewizzz, your problem is what you state in the last line. The rats can't be moved within the queue. There might be something with your sab installation...

Interesting, I'll try reinstalling it. Are there any access rights I need to look at as well?
Popeye, thanks for Pneumatic. Do you think its method could be applied to direct (vs usenet) downloads of multipart files?

This could also be useful for multiconnection downloads of resumable files, where e.g. one connection starts at 0% of the file and one at 50%, essentially doubling the download speed.

Thanks
thanks for replying popeye.
its a 10MBit/s connection which runs pretty good. when I checked sabnzbd, all looked good, the download continued fast.

i found out that opening streams from newznab is a good way to start streams (instead of getting em through CP and then start the movie in pneumatic --> incomplete folder). here the movie keeps playing good, fast, stable but I encounter another issue which makes it unusable: the popup window from pneumatic saying "opening stream" does not disappear!! the green line is fully loaded, the movie is running but this little window thingy stays there.
anybody encountered the same issue?

cheers and thanks for caring guys!
(2013-05-30, 10:28)geewizz Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 07:01)Popeye Wrote: Geewizzz, your problem is what you state in the last line. The rats can't be moved within the queue. There might be something with your sab installation...

Interesting, I'll try reinstalling it. Are there any access rights I need to look at as well?

Sweet mama it works! I did apt-get remove of SAB and deleted all traces, installed it again. And installed the Pneumatic plugin from scratch on xbmc, now it seems to work like a charm! Thanks for listening to my whining and pointing me in the right direction Popeye!
glad to here it works for you geewizz Smile

I solved the problem why it was not playing fine from newznab: in System -> Video -> File list -> Default select action was set to "show information" .... when changing this to "play" the movies are played fine Smile

could someone please try this on his/her system?

Popeye: it would be great if you could address that issue in an update from pneumatic / newznab -- not sure which of the two causes the issue tough.... played directly from pneumatic works fine no matter what the settings are Big Grin

thanks for listening to me guys Smile please post your results from testing the setting! appreciate it, cheers
I am now facing two issues:

1. Is there a way for Pneumatic to find out if the nzb has missing articles in it? And get a response from SAB, then not play the file? Is this a feature request in SAB or Pneumatic, or is it possible today?
2. When I start a .strm file in XBMC and I try to "Cancel" while it's downloading the 2 rar's it needs to start up, XBMC freezes. Is anyone else facing this issue, or have a solution to the problem?

Thanks!
The problems I described have the following root cause: I mapped addon userdata to a NAS. Some scripts just don't handle this properly. As I mentioned below already.
When I didn't subsitute the path of addon userdata anymore, pneumatic worked like a charm.

It would be great if pneumatic could be fixed to respect path substitutions properly.

Thanks for your consideration.

(2013-05-22, 11:55)jus7incase Wrote: Hi there,

getting Pneumatic, newznab and nzbtv to run seems to be not too easy. Is there a good tutorial somewhere?

Let me try to describe what isn't working properly here:

Running XBMC 12.2, OE 3.0.3 (fully works)
Running SABNZBD 0.7.11 on an unRAID array (fully works)

nzbtv
====

When I start nzbtv it gives me: Script failed!

Settings:

<settings>
<setting id="cache_time" value="24" />
<setting id="enable_local_channels" value="false" />
<setting id="local_channels" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_site" value="1" />
<setting id="remote_channels" value="https://github.com/ckergald/Releases/raw/master/channels.xml" />
</settings>

This is what I find in xbmc.log:

12:28:23 T:2721221440 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
12:28:23 T:2721221440 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:28:23 T:2721221440 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.nzbtv/channel')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.nzbtv/default.py", line 48, in <module>
TV = tv.Tv(USERDATA_PATH, REMOTE, LOCAL, CACHE_TIME)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.nzbtv/tv.py", line 37, in __init__
channel_cache = DictCache(self.path, 'channel')
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.nzbtv/tv.py", line 135, in __init__
pickle.dump( dict(), open( self.cache_path, "wb" ) )
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.nzbtv/channel')
-->End of Python script error report<--
12:28:23 T:3015149312 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.nzbtv
12:28:23 T:3015149312 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.nzbtv) failed
12:28:23 T:3015149312 ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't

newznab
=======

It gives me a list of the 5 sites I have configured (see below, I have deleted the RSS IDs and keys). When I select a site it gives me "Script failed!" (see xbmc.log below)

<settings>
<setting id="cache_time" value="60" />
<setting id="firstrun" value="1" />
<setting id="newznab_hide_cat_1" value="6030|6020" />
<setting id="newznab_hide_cat_2" value="6030|6020" />
<setting id="newznab_hide_cat_3" value="6030|6020" />
<setting id="newznab_hide_cat_4" value="6030|6020" />
<setting id="newznab_hide_cat_5" value="6030|6020" />
<setting id="newznab_id_1" value="...deleted for security reasons" />
<setting id="newznab_id_2" value="...deleted for security reasons" />
<setting id="newznab_id_3" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_id_4" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_id_5" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_key_1" value="...deleted for security reasons" />
<setting id="newznab_key_2" value="..." />
<setting id="newznab_key_3" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_key_4" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_key_5" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_name_1" value="NZBs.in" />
<setting id="newznab_name_2" value="NZB Sooti" />
<setting id="newznab_name_3" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_name_4" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_name_5" value="" />

Default values for all 5 sites:

<setting id="newznab_re_actors_1" value="&gt;Actors: (.*?)&lt;/" />
<setting id="newznab_re_director_1" value="&gt;Director: (.*?)&lt;/" />
<setting id="newznab_re_genre_1" value="&gt;Genre: (.*?)&lt;/" />
<setting id="newznab_re_plot_1" value="&gt;Plot: (.*?)&lt;/" />
<setting id="newznab_re_thumb_1" value="http://SITE_URL/covers/movies/\d*-cover.jpg" />
<setting id="newznab_re_year_1" value="&gt;Year: (.*?)&lt;/" />

<setting id="newznab_site_1" value="nzbs.in" />
<setting id="newznab_site_2" value="nzbsooti.com" />
<setting id="newznab_site_3" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_site_4" value="" />
<setting id="newznab_site_5" value="" />
</settings>

This is what I find in xbmc.log when I select a site:

12:23:12 T:2721221440 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
12:23:12 T:2721221440 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:23:12 T:2721221440 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: Cache instance has no attribute 'path'
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.newznab/default.py", line 555, in <module>
newznab(get("index"))
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.newznab/default.py", line 153, in newznab
table = site_caps(index)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.newznab/default.py", line 78, in site_caps
doc, state = load_xml(url)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.newznab/default.py", line 451, in load_xml
return CACHE.fetch(url)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.newznab/cache.py", line 44, in fetch
url = Url(url_in, self.path, self.seconds)
AttributeError: Cache instance has no attribute 'path'
12:23:12 T:3015149312 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.newznab/?index=1&mode=index
12:23:12 T:3015149312 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.newznab/?index=1&mode=index) failed
12:23:12 T:2721221440 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
12:23:12 T:2721221440 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:23:13 T:2754825024 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

pneumatic
========

Keeps telling me it can't write to the incomplete folder. This is strange because I exported the enclosing folder as r/w and XBMC uses a user that may access the folder as r/w (see setting below).

However, when I use on the xbmc box:
mount -t cifs -o username=media,password=mysecretpw,rw //10.0.1.7/download /tmp/dl
Then pneumatic does not complain any more about incomplete not being r/w.
I find this rather ugly and would hope that Pneumatic supports network shares from the mediasources.xml.

When selecting an nzb from incomplete it get the following

13:07:57 T:2814372672 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
13:07:57 T:2814372672 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:07:58 T:2814372672 NOTICE: plugin.program.pneumatic: v0.3.1 started
13:08:01 T:2745162560 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
13:08:03 T:2814372672 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 4 times.
13:08:03 T:2814372672 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
13:08:03 T:2814372672 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:08:03 T:2814372672 NOTICE: plugin.program.pneumatic: v0.3.1 started
13:08:03 T:2814372672 ERROR: Delete - Error( No such file or directory )
13:08:03 T:2814372672 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.pneumatic/temp.rar')
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.pneumatic/default.py", line 948, in <module>
list_incomplete(params)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.pneumatic/default.py", line 495, in list_incomplete
pre_play(nzbname, mode=MODE_INCOMPLETE_LIST, nzo=sab_nzo_id)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.pneumatic/default.py", line 313, in pre_play
in_rar_file_list = utils.rar_filenames(folder, nzf.filename)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.pneumatic/utils.py", line 216, in rar_filenames
fd_out = open(temp_path,'wb')
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.pneumatic/temp.rar')
13:08:04 T:3015161600 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.pneumatic/?folder=mynzbfile.avi&mode=incomplete_list&nzbname=mynzbfile.avi&nzoid=SABnzbd_nzo_r9dg4x&nzoidhistory_list
13:08:04 T:3015161600 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.pneumatic/?folder=mynzbfile.avi&mode=incomplete_list&nzbname=mynzbfile.avi&nzoid=SABnzbd_nzo_r9dg4x&nzoidhistory_list) failed
13:08:04 T:2805979968 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Note the the is a path /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.pneumatic/temp.rar
Since I have mapped my addon data to a NAS share this path doesn't look too good.
It would be good to use instead:
special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.pneumatic/temp.rar

This way it will use temp.rar on the NAS, too.

Thanks for caring,
JC
Wait a second, you are using a old version of pneumatic. Line 216 in utils.py does not look like that since a long time ago..
EDIT: I fixed pneumatic and now that works good. But I tried to configure the Newznab plugin with Usenet-Crawler and the script fails after I try to open it. I am on Windows 7 running XBMC 12.2... Please help!!
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pneumatic11