"Only play default subtitle" function
I have a deaf friend, and so I have many programs with subtitles inbuilt inside .mkv's. They are muxed as off by default in mkvmerge and with media player classic for example they are off by default, but can be turned on by selecting them if possible. However, in XBMC they always play. What would be useful would be an option to have subtitles turned off always unless they are marked as being "default" in which place XBMC would play them. This means foreign language programs would automatically load the subtitles, but for all my deaf-friendly shows they would stay off, unless I turned them on in program. Media Player Classic does this, and would be great to see XBMC do the same thing!
It would have been great if XBMC had support for this feature, and could read the flag in the mkv file. Especially for us who live in a non-English-speaking country that sees a mix of movies on our language and for example American films. Then, you want text on American movies, but not in our own language, and this could be done automatically if XBMC read the flag in the mkv file!
XBMC v12 (Frodo) now has the ability to set subtitle (and audio) language tracks globally.
(2012-12-10, 16:36)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC v12 (Frodo) now has the ability to set subtitle (and audio) language tracks globally.

have used the alpha version a lot of Frodo and as I understand it right, you can globally choose English on the sound. Then you can choose Swedish for the subtitles.

It works perfect until I come to a film that is only Swedish. Then I do not want the subtitles to appear. However, I will be able to activate them if I have a visit from a person with hearing problems.

Therefore, it would be great if XBMC could read the tag in the mkv file where the subtitle it is set to: "Not default".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Only play default subtitle" function1