Quicker navigation through library...
I know it sounds trivial but I would love there to be a feature in the library where you don't have to scroll down to find the movie you want but you could start typing the name and it would jump down to it.

Very much like a file or folder in windows. If you have LOADS of library entries and you already know what you want to watch it would save scrolling time if you could type in the first few characters and it would jump down.

For example if I wanted to watch "Paranormal Activity" but didn't want to scroll all the way down to P, I could just start typing "para"...
You can already do so but you need to press the Shift key as well because buttons like C or S already have a special functionality. This feature already exists for quite some time.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Great, thanks for this. Had no idea it already did this. Bit annoying you have to hold shift though. Seems more logical to me to have that the other way round. The hot key buttons like C and S and others you should have to press shift for?!
Most people don't use the keyboard constantly, and instead bind keys to a remote or controller of some sort. In that case it makes far more sense for 'c' to be the action for the menu, and shift+c actually make a 'c', since that'll be used far less.
OK so most people scroll down their movie list using a remote, fair enough. I use a wireless keyboard because its better.

You can probably hold down the button or whatever but still, i have over 300 movies and i just find navigation really hard. (not now after knowing shift works)
I would say that most people don't use scroll to navigate. They use the number keys just like a cell phone for texting. Can't remember the actural name for this, but as an example key 7, each press gets you to "p" "q" "r" "s" and "7", in that order.
@Tight_wad: It's called JumpSMS.

dukeminster, I'd disagree that a wireless keyboard is better. My remote is small, easier to hold, more people can figure it out, and it also controls the entirely of my setup, including my TV, computer, and all other devices connected. I can press the number keys to jump to a certain starting letter, and from there it's really easy to navigate. I've got, as of this moment, 360 movies, and I find that I have no issue whatsoever navigating. I just hit the letter I want and then I can scroll by entire screens til I get where I want, then I use the arrow keys to get the exact movie. Takes a matter of 3 or 4 seconds to find what I want.
and FilterSMS is even better! just try it, you won't go back Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quicker navigation through library...0