Status of HD audio output in XBMC?
I've been using a DSplayer build for a long time now and it works ok, but the subs and the scrapper sometimes don't work. I don't check in very often, I was wondering what the current status of XBMC was for getting DTSMA and TrueHD output working through the default player was? I see the DSPlayer build was stopped for the DVDCodecDirectshow codec. I couldn't find any updates on the progress of that. What are people using in the latest versions to achieve HD output? Seeing how I have something that's mostly working I was planing to wait to update until there was a somewhat stable build that supported DTSMA and TrueHD. Now a good time to fiddle around with updating or should I hold off a while longer?
Hi,

Your only choice at the moment is dsplayer or external player, both using ffdshow audio.

HD audio in xbmc dvdplayer is being worked on in the new audioengine, however it hasn't been implemented yet in the dev build, and won't officially see the light of day until Eden.

Then theres dscodec. It will support ffdshow audio however it's not there yet.

It's coming, just a matter of time! I'd say stick with dsplayer until then.

Cheers
Cool, thanks for the update.
But...when I use dsplayer build (with ffdshow audio and HDMI Passtrough options enabled) the HD audio output doesnt work correctly...

DSPlayer support HD audio output?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Status of HD audio output in XBMC?0