• 31(current)
Design Flaws / Missing Features
Hey Stoli,

First off love the skin! I just updated to the Eden beta on my win 7 machine and the current Neon skin. So far I am impressed with the improvements to both and have only run across one bug. In the sub menu under Movies/TV Shows the "Files" option just brings you to wherever you left off in that section and not to the Files menu (where you can add a source). It has the same functionality as the "Videos" option, which I disable because it confused people using my system. This seems to be tied to some of the changes they have made in the default skin...

Thanks for all your hard work! Big Grin

P.S. you wouldn't happen to know if you can define views in an add-on using the advancedsettings.xml or anything that doesn't involve going into each screen? Some add-ons have WAY too many screens (I'm looking at you Icefilms!).
loki131 Wrote:Hey Stoli,

First off love the skin! I just updated to the Eden beta on my win 7 machine and the current Neon skin. So far I am impressed with the improvements to both and have only run across one bug. In the sub menu under Movies/TV Shows the "Files" option just brings you to wherever you left off in that section and not to the Files menu (where you can add a source). It has the same functionality as the "Videos" option, which I disable because it confused people using my system. This seems to be tied to some of the changes they have made in the default skin...

Thanks for all your hard work! Big Grin

P.S. you wouldn't happen to know if you can define views in an add-on using the advancedsettings.xml or anything that doesn't involve going into each screen? Some add-ons have WAY too many screens (I'm looking at you Icefilms!).

I ran across the exact same behavior last night.

Also, there isn't a way (unless I am just missing it, which is VERY possible) to edit the submenus of the default home menu.

LOVE the skin. I try out other ones from time to time but keep coming back to Neon. By far the best. Thanks so much!
That's been the behaviour for some time now. Pressing Back will go back up the tree.
-stoli-
Is this something that I can change in the xml? This is literally the only thing the default skin does that I would like Neon to do...
loki131 Wrote:Is this something that I can change in the xml? This is literally the only thing the default skin does that I would like Neon to do...

It behaves identically to Confluence. When accessing Files from the Video node, it defaults to the root level.

When accessing Files from the TV or Movie node (not an option in Confluence) it defaults to where you last were. Pressing back moves up the tree.

If you always want it to default to the root, search and replace the Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml for the following

Search for "VideoFiles" and replace with "Videos,Files,return"
-stoli-
Thumbs Up 
Perfect. Thanks! Big Grin
Okay now I know I'm being a pest. In Confluence they added a toggle for the behavior of Videos so it can either go to your last position or the Files menu. Anyway this could be added as an option for the Files sub menus?

If it's a ton of work don't worry about it, looks like only a few of us care and copying over the modified xml after the skin updates isn't a huge deal.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
I updated it across the board. You won't have to worry about updates.
-stoli-
Big Grin 
Not sure what you mean, but if I don't have to worry about updates I'm golden!

Thanks again for you help!
I am using the newest version of Neon via SVN on Eden b1.

I have several shares enabled for the Video file browser (non Library mode).

The first few are direct SMB paths ("smb://server/folder/folder/etc" "smb://pc/folder/folder/etc"). The last is just "smb://". When moving over these shares there is no slow down or problem whatsoever.

One of them smack dab on the list however, is an SMB path to the main share on the server ("smb://server/") and when navigating to it causes XBMC to freeze for anywhere from 2-30+ seconds. This happens everytime I scroll over it. The XBMC process says its Not Responding for a bit, and then it moves the cursor to the share.

The log file generates these lines each time:

Code:
04:01:12 T:1276   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
04:01:12 T:1276   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting /extrafanart/
04:01:37 T:1276   ERROR: Couldn't connect to \\extrafanart, error code 53
04:01:37 T:1276   ERROR: WnetOpenEnum failed with error 1203
04:01:37 T:1276   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://extrafanart/
04:01:37 T:1276   ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't

After disabling the "Enable 'extrafanart' - random cycling of fanart in Library mode" the problem goes away.

Again, browsing non library mode. I'd like to be able to use the extrafanart option, but as I switch between library and file mode frequently, it is quite a hassle.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Excellent skin apart from this.

EDIT: This bug seems to be an issue on any shares from which I have added files to the library. On a previous installation of an XBMC nightly from November, using the Neon SVN available at the time, I had the same issue. The share containing my movie library files was also affected by this. After upgrading to Eden, I changed my library over to MySQL and have not yet added my movies back to the library. The share containing my movies is no longer affected by this bug.
Pillzbury Wrote:I am using the newest version of Neon via SVN on Eden b1.

I have several shares enabled for the Video file browser (non Library mode).

The first few are direct SMB paths ("smb://server/folder/folder/etc" "smb://pc/folder/folder/etc"). The last is just "smb://".

Code:
04:01:37 T:1276   ERROR: Couldn't connect to \\extrafanart, error code 53
04:01:37 T:1276   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://extrafanart/

Anyone know how to fix it?

SMB:// is not a valid share path. It's like typing http:// in a browser and pushing "enter" - it's not going to work.

You can see that it's trying to go to smb://extrafanart/ where it's expecting a host to exist called 'extrafanart'. You need to remove that share or correct it.
SophT Wrote:SMB:// is not a valid share path. It's like typing http:// in a browser and pushing "enter" - it's not going to work.

You can see that it's trying to go to smb://extrafanart/ where it's expecting a host to exist called 'extrafanart'. You need to remove that share or correct it.

smb:// has been used by XBMC for years to browse all SMB shares. Been using it since the beginning. Regardless, the bug I've reported is evident with other shares as well. ANY share that I have added media to the library from.

smb://server/ as a share tries to find smb://server/extrafanart/ where no such folder exists. If I remove the items from the library, or turn off extrafanart it no longer freezes there.
I can confirm, I've got the same problem with the extrafanart and smb shares.
Pillzbury Wrote:smb:// has been used by XBMC for years to browse all SMB shares. Been using it since the beginning. Regardless, the bug I've reported is evident with other shares as well. ANY share that I have added media to the library from.

smb://server/ as a share tries to find smb://server/extrafanart/ where no such folder exists. If I remove the items from the library, or turn off extrafanart it no longer freezes there.

How does it behave in other skins that support extra fanart?
-stoli-
First of all I wanted to say my family and I love the neon skin. Since updating to eden and the most receint version of neon, we have noticed one issue. At the episode level of any tv show the same fanart is shown. The correct fanart for the tv show at the show and season level, but once you go to the episode it switches to the fanart for the movie 30 minutes or less. Any thoughts on what might be causing that?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design Flaws / Missing Features0