• 1(current)
Design Flaws / Missing Features
Please post any bugs or missing items you happen to come across. I will update this post as new items are found and/fixed.

Missing Features:
- Chapter display in Info view for movies/videos is missing - Updated in SVN 04/02/11 - VC-1 Codec image. - Added in SVN 03/27/11. Thanks mobious.

Bugs:
- TV Guide was trying to use folder.jpg and not poster.jpg. - Fixed in SVN 03/27/11
- TV Guide was not displaying network logo - Fixed in SVN 03/27/11
- Weather settings tab needs updating from Confluence to Neon. Smile
- Cannot access "Monday" from the TV Guide screen. - Fixed in SVN 03/28/11
- Review HD Movies as noted by IAmNotAUser here. - Cannot Reproduce 04/02/11
- Review Playlist behaviour - Freakish - - Playlists added to the home screen now play automatically. 04/02/11
- Watched overlay animation wrong in Poster View - - Fixed in SVN 04/03/11
- Could not play videos with a comma in the folder name - - Fixed in SVN 04/06/11 - Thanks Ronie!
- When playing trailers from Movie Info screen they did not respect the "Play Full Screen" setting - - Fixed in SVN 04/06/11
- Could not access Recently Added Music from home screen - - Fixed in SVN 04/07/11 - Thanks again ronie!
- Adjusted startup.xml to refresh tv-guide, recently added and weather.- Fixed in SVN 04/09/11

Feature Requests:
- Ability to select "Fanart" for backgrounds on home screen
- Change virtual keyboard layout to qwerty. - Added in SVN 04/21/11
- ROM Views
- Add more views in File modes
- Add Log Off to Home Screen - - Added in SVN 03/27/11
- Advanced Launcher support

New Features:
- Updated Video Info while playing videos.- Added in SVN 04/06/11
- Added support for music Smart Playlist at start up - Added in SVN 04/09/11
- Initial support for Live TV/PVR branch - Added in SVN March
- Weather.com Plus Support - Added in SVN March
- Changed Shutdown menu to vertical orientation - - Added in SVN 04/17/11
- QWERTY and ABC virtual keyboards available - Added in SVN 04/21/11
-stoli-
Hi there awesome skin been using it a while now Smile how do I get extrathumbs to show up. Ive changed the settings to enable them but they dont appear on any style.
Hi there, great skin. Its missing one essential media flag the AVC-HD codec one. Its not detecting it with my movies. Everything else seems fine.

Also forgot to mention the main reason I went with you skin was the tv guide. And well when you go into the tv guide in the per day section the posters are blank, same goes for the banners. I downloaded posters and banners and its still blank.
lefty420 Wrote:Hi there awesome skin been using it a while now Smile how do I get extrathumbs to show up. Ive changed the settings to enable them but they dont appear on any style.

The only place they are used currently is in Showcase View.
-stoli-
mobious Wrote:Hi there, great skin. Its missing one essential media flag the AVC-HD codec one. Its not detecting it with my movies. Everything else seems fine.

Can you point me to a skin that does have it? I did some quick looking but didn't find anything...

Quote:Also forgot to mention the main reason I went with you skin was the tv guide. And well when you go into the tv guide in the per day section the posters are blank, same goes for the banners. I downloaded posters and banners and its still blank.

A debug log for this one will help. You are using library mode, right?

Thanks,
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Can you point me to a skin that does have it? I did some quick looking but didn't find anything...

Its either AVC-HD or AVC-1 not sure what its labeled as but its on transparency. Here is a picture of it.

http://i55.tinypic.com/29ei0i1.jpg

stoli Wrote:A debug log for this one will help. You are using library mode, right?
Thanks,

I am not sure you can switch modes I am talking about the TV Guide section not the TV Shows section. Here this pictures should help elaborate what I mean.

http://i56.tinypic.com/ix5eep.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/xf3oxu.jpg

Basically even though I have posters for those shows they still show as blank in the tv guides section, same goes for the banners. I tried using the Poster and Banner downloader in the skin setting and its still blank.

Edit: Okay basically the flag is there in the Night skin its labeled as avc1 yet it doesn't detect it with the video I have. Transparency detects it fine.
Okay I fixed your code for you in regards to the vc1 issue.

Add this into your includescodec xml.

<control type="image">
<description>vc-1 Codec Image</description>
<width>60</width>
<height>40</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/video/avc1.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.VideoCodec,vc-1)</visible>
</control>

Now can you please figure out why were not seeing banners or posters in the TV Guide section? I posted pictures of what I mean in the post above.
One of the best skins I have ever tried. you made a wonderful job.

I wish if you can add an option in the skin settings to change the virtual keyboard layout into QWERTY layout.

Thank you for all your efforts.
mobious Wrote:Now can you please figure out why were not seeing banners or posters in the TV Guide section? I posted pictures of what I mean in the post above.

I think you are missing folder.jpg in your individual tv show folders. I did a quick look through the custom_TV_Monday and other xml files, and it looks like the script is looking for the folder.jpg files. The scripts should be looking for poster.jpg or banner.jpg files. I might be missing something, but I'll check again.
tensaidavis Wrote:I think you are missing folder.jpg in your individual tv show folders. I did a quick look through the custom_TV_Monday and other xml files, and it looks like the script is looking for the folder.jpg files. The scripts should be looking for poster.jpg or banner.jpg files. I might be missing something, but I'll check again.

Yeah it definitely should be looking for poster and banner jpegs, folder ones are way to wide. I'll manually edit it later on tonight and see if it works thanks for the heads up buddy!
Minor bug...in the TV Guide screen, the Home and Fresh words are blurry as if two sets are overlayed on each other, slightly offset.
tensaidavis Wrote:I think you are missing folder.jpg in your individual tv show folders. I did a quick look through the custom_TV_Monday and other xml files, and it looks like the script is looking for the folder.jpg files. The scripts should be looking for poster.jpg or banner.jpg files. I might be missing something, but I'll check again.

I am fairly certain that Neon does not support banner.jpg, at least this was what I was told from the developer. I think you have to save your banner as folder.jpg.

I've updated the TV Guide to only look for Poster.jpg or Banner.jpg and ignore any folder.jpg.

Another bug I found was the network logos were not displaying - this is also fixed.
-stoli-
Bug in Pictures?....in the grid view, the large picture on the right displays some pictures sideways even though the small preview grid shows the picture in the correct orientation.
deghedy Wrote:One of the best skins I have ever tried. you made a wonderful job.

I wish if you can add an option in the skin settings to change the virtual keyboard layout into QWERTY layout.

Thank you for all your efforts.

I just checked to see what that entails, and I can now assure you it just got bumped down (permanently?) on my list of things to do. You are welcome to check out the DialogKeyboard.xml file and change it around yourself, but considering you have to change each and every letter and their respective up, down, left, right, I think you will see why I don't want to do this. Smile

If anyone takes this one, I will gladly add it in... I'd strart by grabbing the keyboard file from Aeon MQ 2 as it is already in that format.
-stoli-
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Design Flaws / Missing Features0