My SQL 5.5
Hi guys

I'm having problems here wanting to try the pvr functions have down loaded the version for windows, no problem there, but I have tried myth tv and media portal and keep getting the same error not allowed to connect to this my SQL server, I'm tearing my hair out. It must be something I'm doing but don't know what. I presume I need to get this up and running before xbmc will regonise it. Hope someone can shed some light. I notice in xbmc that it does not list mythtv I take it that won't work for windows!!

Paul

Set up is win 7 32 bit
Intel 2.8 ghz
2gig of memory
Gpu nvida geforce 6600
Xbmc 10.1 git:d17f99e ( compiled mar 5 2011)
don't think the myth plugin is included in the vs2010 project files, so it's not built. no idea if it works if someone adds it, but there's a good chance.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thanks, all I want to do is use the tuner built into my pc and use xbmc with the pvr functions how can I do this?? I just can't get it to work I have looked at and searched but can't seem to find the right article any pointers??
you can find links to forum posts etc. here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...BMC-PVR%29
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thanks, but I have done what is suggested, but the problem seems to be the mysql it seems to rely on this and that seems to be my stumbling block
There seems to be a problem with the MySQL database while installing it. Yesterday i wasn't able to install MediaPortal 1.1.3, because of the installing problems with MySQL.
I read in a different forum, that a Windows update is the reason for this. But I don't know what update it is.
Hi Timmi

I have just got this working after 4 days what I ended up doing was deleting xbmc then deleted mysql and Microsoft SQL, red downloaded Microsoft SQL, set it up with password, then installed mediportal tv server, then entered in details and it set that up, once I did this I re downloaded the xbmc pvr and it is now working only thing I'm missing is epg, which I create a new post for. Paul Smile
Paulkai Wrote:Hi Timmi

I have just got this working after 4 days what I ended up doing was deleting xbmc then deleted mysql and Microsoft SQL, red downloaded Microsoft SQL, set it up with password, then installed mediportal tv server, then entered in details and it set that up, once I did this I re downloaded the xbmc pvr and it is now working only thing I'm missing is epg, which I create a new post for. Paul Smile

There is indeed a bug in MySQL 5.5 (On windows at least) It will not work with the Root Access checkmark box checked, and of course this is required for TV Server to function. I too had much hair pulling, as I had it working fine for a month before a format. I had to revert to my older MySQL 5.1 x64, which indeed worked first time. I did see the bug reported by some on MySQL forums after much google searching, but don't have the link handy.

So as above use Microsoft (ugh) or a earlier MySQL or hopefully later build (than 5.5.10) will fix the issue.
I thought it was me glad to hear it was something, thanks to all

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My SQL 5.50