Newbie to XMBC on Apple TV2 question
Hi,

I just installed XBMC on my APple TV2, but I have some questions.

1) When i go to movies it 's not showing all my movies:It only shows 15 of the 180 movies i have. I have to select library mode en then I will be able to go to my 180 movies I have. Why doesn't it go directly to library mode?

2) In librarymode, i see some covers of my movies with movie info and fanart etc. I think of the 180 movies only 50 are filled with covers and fan art. Do I have to manually select every movie to search for the info?

3) 1080p movies are a pain to watch. It keeps buffering and buffering.But if i connect my popcorn to it it works fine. Is there anything I can change?

Thanks for the help!
hey whats going on robinthart, im running an apple tv 2 im no pro here but ill try and help ya out a little.

1. before i scan a folder i edit my folder names and incorporate the year with it corresponding to like imdb.org for ex. "Movie Name (year)", you dont have to do this but it works for me when scanning and using the scraper by searching the folder names. just play around with it a little and you will find what works for you.

2. what ever scraper you have set to gather the meta data info on the initial folder scrape will auto assign the corresponding info and fan art so no you dont have to manually select them its just downloaded along with info about the film when the correct name has been searched.

3. this has been an issue since the launch but it really depends on your home network most of all - if your running a wifi network and trying to stream a 1080p i think its just about impossible because of the file size and network speed to do it, id recommend hard wire if possible and then test again. i have zero issues on 720p playback and 1080p playback hardwired in

hope this helps and good luck man

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie to XMBC on Apple TV2 question0