Merging disk 1 and disk 2 for playback
Hello all,

I have been looking for a way to merge 2 disks in a box set to have seem less playback when watching a concert. Is it possible to do? I have searched the web and found nothing. Maybe I am now using the correct wording.

I have though about adding the .vob files from disk 2 TS Files and adding to the TS Files from disk 1, but I don't know if they will play in sequence. Ts files from disk one are VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1,... VTS_01_7 and on disk 2 they are the same. Can I change the file names on disk 2 to the following VTS_01_8, 9, 10... and copy them to the TS Files folder on disk 1? Will they playback in the correct sequence?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar
Renaming them won't work. You could merge them together as Video_ts using DVD Shrink, or maybe DVDfab, Can't remember which one that I had done this with before. Or you could change them to another format, and use the stacking to do the job. Someone else will have to comment on that. I prefer to only use the Video_ts, and they don't stack.
you can stack them or find a joiner program (which I have done) to join the two files back together. I did it to clean up my storage area, not to mention eliminating the chance I miss name one of the files and have it kick out when I am attempting to watch something.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I don't know about merging, but you can rename them. I have the Pink Floyd Pulse concert in 2 dvd iso format. I have renamed them:

Pink Floyd Pulse CD1.iso
Pink Floyd Pulse CD2.iso

This way, you get only one item, Pink Floyd Pulse, and when CD1 finished, CD2 starts.
You can download a program called VOBMerge, it will join together vob files into 1 file.
It was DVDfab that I used to do mine. Like it over VOBmerge, but that's just my opinion.
if are vobs, try from a terminal:

$ cat vob1name.vob vob2name.vob > vobmerge.vob

and see if it works.
WOW this is awesome I did this for the Eric Clapton Crossroads Guit Festival DVD's I have and it works great.

So now I am going back and doing the same for some documentary dvd's as well.
Thanks for the replies, I am trying VOBMerge now and I will report back on how it worked for me.

Many thanks,

Oscar
Ok, I gave it a shot with VobMerge and it did not work. I may have done something wrong. The files i am working with were ripped with clone dvd. In the TS folder there are video_ts.bup, video_ts.ifo, and the VOb files. I used VobMerge and I was able to merge all VOB files to one, but when I tried to play it back with Power DVD it would not recognize the new VOB file.

Did I do something wrong? I know this should not be that difficult. Can someone explain how the dvd file structure is made up? What controls the sequence of playback?

thanks,

Oscar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Merging disk 1 and disk 2 for playback0