[RELEASE] HDBits browser
Hi, this is my first script

Features:
  • It logins and lists torrents from HDBits.
  • If the torrent is a movie, it fetches fanart. thumbnail and some info from Themoviedb.org.
  • You can go through several pages of torrents, 25 on each.
  • Selecting a torrent downloads the .torrent-file to the directory that you specified in the addon settings.

Requirements:
  • HDBits account

the first three directories lists torrents that are h264 encodes and the last one is a search that searches through all torrents.

Screenshots:
ImageImage

Download:
HBbits v1.1 - 2011-04-10
HBbits v1.0 - 2011-03-27

And if anyone has any tips for fixing the huge delay on the first urlopen. Please let me know, because it's a bit annoying since all other urlfetching is threaded and goes very fast.

PS. The site is closed for invites. So if you don't already have access to the site. Then you're out of luck.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
How do you get an invite to HDBits? sounds like a good plug-in!
Awesome work watzen.....don't have an hdbits account but have other similar private tracker accounts, great plug-in
Removed
mortstar Wrote:They've been closed for nigh-on 2 years, apart from a very brief (i.e. less than 30 minutes!) opening at the start of this year.

Thanks for the plugin OP.

Thanks for the clarification. Shout out if you have any thoughts!

I have uTorrent setup to look at the same folder as this plugin is putting the files in. Combining this with my vbs script as described in this thread gives me notifications and automatic update of the library when the download is done. Very seamless Smile
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
Is it possible to use another private tracker or modify this plug-in.
homewrek Wrote:Is it possible to use another private tracker or modify this plug-in.

Sure you can modify this plugin. You'd need to change everything that is site specific. Which mostly of it is. I have a similar one for torrentleech, but since the site doesn't have imdb-ids in its listing, it can't fetch thumbnails or fanart.
Do you have a PassThePopcorn.me account? That site would be the holy grail for a similar plugin.
No, I don't. Maybe I'll check it out.
watzen Wrote:Sure you can modify this plugin. You'd need to change everything that is site specific. Which mostly of it is. I have a similar one for torrentleech, but since the site doesn't have imdb-ids in its listing, it can't fetch thumbnails or fanart.

That is awesome I have accounts and invites with HDME.eu, HDAhoy, Xtremespeeds.net, I would love to make a plug-in for HDME as it is my favorite and will be an awesome way to contribute to there site. This has sparked alot of interest in me, I would like to learn or follow a tutorial on how to modify a plug-in like this.
Update: New version with:
* fixes for listings smaller than 25 items
* new threading routine, each item gets its own thread
* sorting added to get the same order as on the site
watzen Wrote:Sure you can modify this plugin. You'd need to change everything that is site specific. Which mostly of it is. I have a similar one for torrentleech, but since the site doesn't have imdb-ids in its listing, it can't fetch thumbnails or fanart.

@watzen
Could u please make available and torrenleech plugin.

Thx
Wow! great work, the sort of thing i been looking for, for ages. Would be great if you could make it compatible for other popular private sites, Or if you could describe what needs changing in the code.
rbrohman Wrote:Do you have a PassThePopcorn.me account? That site would be the holy grail for a similar plugin.

I am about to start the porting for PTP, currently I'm trying with Torrentleech currently. But as watzen said, they have no link for IMDB so I'm pretty much just getting a list of torrents depending on sorting.
I'm totally loving this plugin (the promise anyway) but it's not working on the latest nightly. Sad At least, it starts up fine. But when I select one of the browsing options (ex. 'ordered by ...') it shows only: "Next page" and the script didn't load anything else...

Didn't try it on 10.1 to be honest, but it seems like a miscommunication with HDBITS to me..

Edit: Yes, I have a working HDBITS account... Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HDBits browser0