Smart Playlists - are they possible in ATV2?
I am attempting to set up an add on (TV Time) that requires the use of smart playlists. Upon researching it in the XMBC Wiki manual, it says the following:

Smart Playlists

XBMC supports "Smart" playlists for all types of media, which essentially use a set of rules to limit the results from the databases.
Smart playlists can be created either by using the built-in GUI Smart Playlist Editor accessible from the Playlist section, or by creating an xml file with the extension .xsp (XBMC Smart Playlist).

It is possible this was written before XBMC was compatible with the ATV2 and never clarified. It's also possible that it is possible to create a smart playlist in the ATV2.

Does anyone know where the "playlist section" of XBMC is on the ATV2 or if it even exists?
Yes, they work. You need to enable library mode in the Videos section.
I think your talking about the original xbmc. The iOS xbmc for Apple TV 2 Enable "Library Mode" is blank out.

If anyone can enable this feature please post.
atr675 Wrote:I think your talking about the original xbmc.

No, I'm talking about Dharma on an Apple TV 2. However, you need to add a video (or audio) source to enable library mode.
I manage to figure it out, sort of...

To enable smart playlist,

1. Add a video source
2. Make sure you select it to "Run automated scan" at least once.
3. Also do a force scan by holding, menu > Scan for new content.

After those steps, left click as mention above and you be able to see "Library mode"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists - are they possible in ATV2?0