Skin Modification - Movie categorized.
I've just started to use XBMC and I really like the Transparency Skin. However, is it possible to modify the "Movie" theme? Instead of having an up and down list, i'd rather have it go horizontal displaying the movies cover. Can anyone point me into the right direct to change this.

Thank you,
Travis Goecks

UPDATE:
I've managed to figure out how to change different styles and I now have the setup to my liking. However, is it possible to personalize certain things? If so, what files would I need to modify

For example; lets say I wanted to move the movie description. (Video format, sound format, Blue-Ray, DVD...ext) from the bottom left to the bottom right.
it depends on which view you want to edit.
every view has it's own xml view.

the fanart view for instance is coded in View-Fanart.xml.

furthermore, a few items common to all views, are defined in the various Includes*.xml files.

if you want to move the media flags (as i think that's what you're referring to in your example), search in the xml for for the relevant view for VideoMediaFlags and change the <posx> value of this group.

note, there are several VideoMediaFlags definitions in each view, one for Movies, one for Episodes and one for MusicVideos.
so either change them all, or find the one that's being used for Movies
(there's a <visible> condition for Container.Content(Movies) inside the group)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie-

Thanks for the update! Is there any thread or website you'd recommend for learning how to modify .xml files. Or a thread that explains what each .xml file does in the Transparency Skin?

ronie Wrote:if you want to move the media flags (as i think that's what you're referring to in your example), search in the xml for for the relevant view for VideoMediaFlags and change the <posx> value of this group.

note, there are several VideoMediaFlags definitions in each view, one for Movies, one for Episodes and one for MusicVideos.
so either change them all, or find the one that's being used for Movies
(there's a <visible> condition for Container.Content(Movies) inside the group)
tgoecks Wrote:Ronie-

Thanks for the update! Is there any thread or website you'd recommend for learning how to modify .xml files. Or a thread that explains what each .xml file does in the Transparency Skin?

the skinning manual on the xbmc wiki would be a good place to start:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skinning_Manual
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Modification - Movie categorized.0